Non-panoramic stills in AP Tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:28 pm

BobF wrote:I saw that, yes. I guess I didn't make the connection as to the need for the KR Pano license and thought that was some additional extended feature. I'm an end user. I'm a photographer. I'm not a software engineer.

OK - yes, it is somewhat obscure I guess. But one of those APT extended features dependent on a krpano license is the ability to incorporate video, which requires the videoplayer.swf plug-in.

Anyway, moving on (as politicians are so fond of saying here in the UK)...

As I said the trial version of Panotour Pro V1.5 beta 1, which is built on the same codebase as APT V1.1 Beta 11, does offer that ability to select a FLV video file (and some additional video file types) as the Link/Object of a point hotspot so I suggest you continue your trial with that? How's that sound to you?

Note - if you choose to try it make sure you choose the Pro version:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta#Panotour_1.5_beta_1

Are you satisfied with the Autopano Giga stitcher after your trials of that product?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 pm

BobF wrote:I'm an end user. I'm a photographer. I'm not a software engineer.

So are the most of us i guess - nevertheless we read splashscreens . . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Looked at the PT Pro and it has similar restrictions so a license will have to be purchased regardless.

I'm fairly happy with APG now that I'm on 64 bit. Trying it previously in 32 bit it was very crash prone and buggy.

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Klaus, I read the screen. I said I didn't make the association due to a misunderstanding of the relationship of the different applications.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:15 pm

BobF wrote:Looked at the PT Pro and it has similar restrictions so a license will have to be purchased regardless.

Are you quite certain you have chosen the Pro version of Panotour and not the standard version (which does not support the use of video nor audio)?

See screenshot - this is the trial version of Panotour Pro V1.5 beta 1 on Windows XP/32 and as you can see I have been able to select an FLV file as the Link/Object for a point hotspot. It does not have the same restrictions as the trial version of APT V1.1 beta 11.

I'm fairly happy with APG now that I'm on 64 bit. Trying it previously in 32 bit it was very crash prone and buggy.

Which version of APG are you trialing, the current version V2.0.9 or V2.5 beta 1?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Current version of APG. Not sure what previous version I'd tried in the 32 bit environment. I said similar. Not same. Is this forum always so pedantic?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm

BobF wrote:Current version of APG. Not sure what previous version I'd tried in the 32 bit environment. I said similar. Not same. Is this forum always so pedantic?

If you are seeking help or reporting bugs it really is essential to specify the operating system version and the version of the Kolor software product you are using because there are many combinations and they do not all behave in exactly the same way.

I'd term that being 'precise' rather than being 'pedantic', but I don't mind being labelled a pedant.

Had you told us right at the outset that you were using a trial version of APT we could have side-stepped several days worth of wasted communication, but that's my fault because I didn't ask you back then to specify the OS and whether you were using a registered version of the APG/APT software.

Anyway, let's get back to where we were...now to be pedantic...;)

There are two versions of Panotour Pro - one for 32 boit Windows and the other for 64 bit Windows:

# Windows 32 bits : http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/PanotourPro_win32_150B1_2010-09-17.exe
# Windows 64 bits : http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/PanotourPro_x64_150B1_2010-09-17.exe

Which are you trialing and on which Windows OS?
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Although, as noted, I don't like buying software without being able to try out the full functionality, I'll go get a license for APG + KRPano. Will play with that. If it works, great. Will re-download PT Pro (uninstalled it) and play with that as well.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 pm

BobF wrote:Although, as noted, I don't like buying software without being able to try out the full functionality, I'll go get a license for APG + KRPano. Will play with that. If it works, great. Will re-download PT Pro (uninstalled it) and play with that as well.

OK - as you know the current release of APG comes with APT 1.0.9. So it's best to install APT V1.1 beta 11 'over' that.

You will be eligible for a free upgrade to Autopano Giga V2.5 when it is released, currently it is just out as a beta 1 and still has quite a few bugs.

And when you have licences for APG and krpano you can (now) obtain a licence key for Panotour Pro at no charge:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10002-panotour-licence-key-update

So you will have the best of all possible worlds in choosing to purchase the APG+krpano bundle:
http://www.kolor.com/buy/software/virtual-tour-packs/pack-economique-autopano-giga-2-0-licence-illimitee-krpano.html

You can have APT and Panotour Pro installed ''side-by'side' they do not conflict with each other.

Regards,
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks, Andrew.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 pm

BobF wrote:Current version of APG. Not sure what previous version I'd tried in the 32 bit environment. I said similar. Not same. Is this forum always so pedantic?

At least it is VERY patient . . . :rolleyes:

Klaus

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah, OK, Klaus. I'm about ready to tell you what you can do with your patience. I'd do it here but it would probably be a banning offence. Would you like me to send you a private message? Or email?

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

BobF wrote:Would you like me to send you a private message? Or email?

I wouldn´t.

Klaus

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Good decision.

Previous

Return to Archive