Non-panoramic stills in AP Tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
BobF

Non-panoramic stills in AP Tour

by BobF » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:31 pm

In some tour software (e.g., EasyPano Tourweaver) you can include both panoramic stills and non-pano stills. There is a section to set the properties of the image. I know there is a Properties tab in AP Tour but no matter what I do the image still appears stretched in the 3D Editor window. Is is possible to include non-pano stills and have them appear properly?

It appears that there are pretty strong limitations on where a hotspot can be linked to. For example if an HTML link is included, it appears that it can't be to a different web location but must be a location within the same directory as the tour. Is that correct?

I'm using v1.0.9
Last edited by BobF on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm

BobF wrote:In some tour software (e.g., EasyPano Tourweaver) you can include both panoramic stills and non-pano stills. There is a section to set the properties of the image. I know there is a Properties tab in AP Tour but no matter what I do the image still appears stretched in the 3D Editor window. Is is possible to include non-pano stills and have them appear properly?

Non-pano still images should display properly if you change the default output projection from Spherical to Planar - see screenshots- then a non-pano still will display correctly when your tour is output and displayed in a browser.

It appears that there are pretty strong limitations on where a hotspot can be linked to. For example if an HTML link is included, it appears that it can't be to a different web location but must be a location within the same directory as the tour. Is that correct?

No, that is not correct the link can be to any Web location. Why did you think that was not the case?

I'm using v1.0.9

I recommend upgrading to APT 1.1 beta 11:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 pm

There is no such option in v1.0.9. In the interim, looking for additional information, I came upon an old version of the v1.1 beta (5) and it does have the projection option you noted.

Why did I think that was not the case? Because of the statement in the Help popup that says "Given HTML path and included pictures paths must be relatives to final Flash directory." To me, as a non-technical user, as a non-programmer, that says that paths must be within the directory path of the tour.

It doesn't matter anyway. I've tried playing with this b5 and can't get it to show a flash video linked from a hotspot. Downloaded b11 and with one image I can get a video to play but when I add a second image the video hotspotted in the first image won't play and the link to the second image pulls up the image and the music for the video linked to the second image hotspot starts playing, which I don't want. Clicking on the video hotspot brings the linked video clip up at whatever point the music is at so the video is launching in the background when the second image opens, which is not what I want. At least the video hotspot in the second image works.
Last edited by BobF on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 pm

BobF wrote:Downloaded b11 and with one image I can get a video to play but when I add a second image the video hotspotted in the first image won't play and the link to the second image pulls up the image and the music for the video linked to the second image hotspot starts playing, which I don't want. Clicking on the video hotspot brings the linked video clip up at whatever point the music is at so the video is launching in the background when the second image opens, which is not what I want. At least the video hotspot in the second image works.

Sorry you've lost me.

I can't understand what it is you want to do.

Are you using video as the Link/Object from a hotspot or as the Display/Object for a hotspot?

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm

What I'm trying to do is create a multimedia presentation. I'd like to use other software but that's not possible so I'm trying a tour software. Sadly, Kolor's documentation is just about as bad as it gets so....

I've got two images in the project. I've put two hotspots on the first image. One to link to the second image and one to link to a video. I've put the link to the video into Hotspot Properties>Link>Object in both images and then selected the target SWF file.

I don't want the video and associated music to start playing automatically when moving to the second image. I want the video to start playing when the hotspot is clicked. That's not what's happening.

When I have a single image in the project with a single hotspot to open the associated video, it works fine. The single image opens in the Flash show and clicking the hotspot launches the video. Great. Nice. Wonderful.

When I put a second image in the project, it goes off the rails. The hotspot for the video in the first image doesn't work. When clicking the hotspot for the second image, the second image opens but the video begins playing in the background at the same time. When I click the hotspot to open the video, it launches at whatever point in the timeline it's at currently (since it begins playing in the background automatically). Not great. Not nice. Not wonderful.

EDIT: OK, I've uploaded the example to my server, http://rf-photography.ca/SunriseTest.swf

In the first image, the hotspot on the left moves to the second image and the hotspot on the right is supposed to open the video. In the second image, you'll see (and hear) that the video begins playing in the background automatically. The hotspot in the image will open the video.
Last edited by BobF on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 am

I can't reproduce your problem.

Are you sure you set the hotspots that link to the videos as Hotspot properties/Link/Object and not as Hotspot properties/Display/Object?

Here are some APT screesnhots from the simple two stills and two videos tour I made to try and replicate the problem you report:

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes, I'm sure I have it set up as Link>Object. It's set up exactly as yours is with the exception that I don't have a hotspot from the second image back to the first.

I changed the file link for the first video and that works now so that may have been a corrupted file but on the second image, the video still starts playing in the background automatically. Actually, it starts playing in the background on both images but there's no music on the first so I didn't know it until I clicked on the video hotspot.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 pm

BobF wrote:It doesn't matter anyway. I've tried playing with this b5 and can't get it to show a flash video linked from a hotspot. Downloaded b11 and with one image I can get a video to play but when I add a second image the video hotspotted in the first image won't play and the link to the second image pulls up the image and the music for the video linked to the second image hotspot starts playing, which I don't want. Clicking on the video hotspot brings the linked video clip up at whatever point the music is at so the video is launching in the background when the second image opens, which is not what I want. At least the video hotspot in the second image works.

Hey Bob!

Using a linked video in a tour you need to edit in the xml - you need the KRPano-tools to get more features.
Using a still image works fine using APT alone.

here are two examples:

Video: http://www.360impressions.de/TourAcker.html (go to: "Atelier" in the thumnails)

Still-image: http://www.klausesser.de/360impressions/Tourk21.html (go to: "Kuppel am Abend" in the thumbnails)

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks, Klaus. If I use the Display>Object option for the video hotspot, then the video pops open automatically as yours does. The biggest problem is I don't want the video to begin playing automatically. If doing that means editing in code language then it won't work. I don't know code at all.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:49 pm

BobF wrote:If doing that means editing in code language then it won't work. I don't know code at all.

Editing in the xml isn´t too much complicated. Look into the KRPano-Forum - http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=1 - to get some help (also in English).

I decided to use the video automatically opened - but it´s possible to make it work via a link on an object.
I can get some information how to do and will tell you - will take some days . . then i´ll meet my "code-guy" :cool:

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:23 pm

BobF wrote:Yes, I'm sure I have it set up as Link>Object. It's set up exactly as yours is with the exception that I don't have a hotspot from the second image back to the first.

I changed the file link for the first video and that works now so that may have been a corrupted file but on the second image, the video still starts playing in the background automatically. Actually, it starts playing in the background on both images but there's no music on the first so I didn't know it until I clicked on the video hotspot.

Here's my suggestion.

Perhaps start again with a simple test project/tour and set it up as I did mine - two stills and two videos - and make sure you export to a new folder and undera different name and then see how it performs.

I think sometimes the XML generated by APT can become 'confused' when you make chnages.

It's got to be worth a try.

Make very certain that you use Link/Object and not Display/Object when conecting the videos to the hotspots.

We know it can work as you wish - because it did for me. So there is really should be no need to get involved with hand coding/editing XML to achieve the effect you want.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks, Andrew. I can try again, that's not a problem.

I am sure that I'm using the correct linking for the hotspot.

Question for you: Are you certain that your videos aren't launching automatically? Do the vids you're linking have music? If not, perhaps try one that does to see if it is launching automatically.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:45 pm

BobF wrote:Question for you: Are you certain that your videos aren't launching automatically? Do the vids you're linking have music? If not, perhaps try one that does to see if it is launching automatically.

Quite certain - my two videos have sound and I don't hear it until I click on the hotspot(s) to launch the video(s), and teh sound disappears as soon as I click on a playing video to close it.

I meant to ask are you running on Windows (if so which version) or Mac?

For the test I used Autopano Tour 1.1 beta 11 on Windows XP/32.
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm on Win7 64.

Andrew, I just noticed something in your screen caps. You're using FLV files as the linked videos. When I open b11 and try to link the object file, the list of file types doesn't include FLV. I've used SWF files (which is in the list). While the All Files option is available, typically, that doesn't normally work because the acceptable file types are listed. I tried using FLV files. The videos don't start playing immediately, which is different. But when clicking on the hotspot, they don't play at all. The second window opens and the image is the first image in the video but the video doesn't play.

I think it's time to give up. I just don't think I have the chops to deal with Kolor's wacked out software.
Last edited by BobF on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 am

BobF wrote:I think it's time to give up. I just don't think I have the chops to deal with Kolor's wacked out software.

You´re dealing here with very sophisticated features. Kolor with it´s "whacked out software" :cool: builds the one and only GUI for the KRPano-technology - which stands behind it all.

This all is very new - and rarely documented. If you are a serious user: get used to KRPano-tools and learn xml.

Kolor tries to make it easier for users like us to deal with the features which usually can be handled only by coding in xml. They take a big effort in building a GUI for users who are non-experienced in xml.

So just look at it a bit closer: http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=1 as i said: KRPano-player and -tools is the technology which is behind APT´s advanced features.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:11 am

BobF wrote:I'm on Win7 64.

Andrew, I just noticed something in your screen caps. You're using FLV files as the linked videos. When I open b11 and try to link the object file, the list of file types doesn't include FLV.

Really? I think you said you are using APT V1.1 beta 11? See my screenshots below - the first shows Link/Object filetype selection in APT V1.1 beta 11 and the second show Link/Object file type selection in Panotour Pro V1.5 beta 1. Both have a Video filetype options.

I've used SWF files (which is in the list). While the All Files option is available, typically, that doesn't normally work because the acceptable file types are listed.

I thought you wished to use video - SWF isn't a video format. And 'All files' does exactly what I'd expect on my system - it list all types of file.

I tried using FLV files. The videos don't start playing immediately, which is different. But when clicking on the hotspot, they don't play at all. The second window opens and the image is the first image in the video but the video doesn't play

I cannot reproduce that behaviour. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps your FLV files are really very large (in terms of file size) and you have this tour on-line but are not allowing enough time for the video file to download before is starts to play. The largest video file I tried was 12MB and that plays back as I described with local (from my PC) playback of the exported tour - I haven't tried putting the tour on-line. How large are the FLV files you are using?

I think it's time to give up. I just don't think I have the chops to deal with Kolor's wacked out software.

I feel that your judgement is unfair.

First of all you admit that you are trying to use Autopano Tour to create a multimedia presentation and not a conventional panoramic virtual tour; but that's OK by me, it can be fun to use software in novel ways, and I find that I can achieve what you say you wish to achieve.

Then you claim to experience great difficiulty doing what I have no difficulty in doing - I wonder how that can be and try to help by presenting my working examples.

You claimed to be doing just as I was doing in my examples when it now emerges that you were not - you were using SWF files and not FLV files.

You claim there's no option to select FLV video files when I'm sure there is.

And so it goes on.

Nevertheless I'm happy to continue to try to help you achieve the result you seek - but if you wish to give up...

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Here's a screen cap. It shows, I think, APT 1.1 b11. Sure, All Files will show all files but that's the only way I can get FLV files to appear. I used SWF because that's the only option I had in the dropdown so I assumed initially that you were using SWF files as well. While not video files, SWF are Flash objects. Mistake on my part. Whether it's a virtual tour with embedded videos or a multimedia presentation with still photos and embedded videos shouldn't matter, really. It's essentially the same thing. The video files aren't that big, roughly 13MB. The last couple iterations I've tried aren't online. I'm trying to play them locally.

I said perhaps it's time to give up because I'm obviously experiencing a problem that is unusual and that can't be replicated. If the problem can't be replicated, it's likely not able to be solved. Sort of like taking your car in for an intermittent problem and the garage tech not being able to replicate it when he has the car. :-) And I don't want to waste people's time working on something that may not be fixable. I'd love to get this sorted, I just don't know at this point if it can be.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Aaahhh!!!!

Now I see you are running the trial version.

I think that's probably why you don't get the option of selecting FLV files.

Some features are disabled in the trial version.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 pm

That's the version that I got when I downloaded. Not sure why a beta version has features disabled but if it does, it does.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 pm

BobF wrote:That's the version that I got when I downloaded. Not sure why a beta version has features disabled but if it does, it does.

It's more case of some features requiring a krpano license and obviously if you're running a trial version of APT you are not likely to have a krpano licence.

Do you have an Autopano Giga licence? I presume not because if you did that licence would have been applied to the APT beta 11 automatically

Autopano Tour is only available as a bundle with Autopano Giga, it is not marketed separately. Some features of Autopano Tour are only unlocked with an additional licence for krpano.

But... Kolor is separating Autopano Giga and Autopano Tour with the release of V2.5 of Autopano Giga - which is currently at beta 1.

Thereafter a new separate product called Panotour will replace Autopano Tour.

Pano tour will be offered in a standard version and a Pro version. The functionality of the initial release of the Pro version of Panotour is roughly equivalent to the functionality of Autopano Tour + a krpano licence.

If you already have an AutoPano Giga licence (which includes Autopano Tour as a bundled item) and a krpano licence then you can obtain a free licence for Panotour Pro.

The trial versioin of Panotour Pro does offer the feature - ability to select FLV video as the Link/Object for a Point hotspot - that you wish to experiment with.

Youy can downlaod the trial version of Panotour Pro 1.5 beta 1 here:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta#Panotour_1.5_beta_1
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Trials only at this point. I'd prefer to be able to test out the features before buying. It's unusual for a trial (and particularly a beta) to be feature-limited. Watermarked is common.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:00 pm

BobF wrote:Trials only at this point. I'd prefer to be able to test out the features before buying. It's unusual for a trial (and particularly a beta) to be feature-limited. Watermarked is common.

OK.
So are you also considering the Autopano Giga stitching program or are you only interested in a virtual tour authoring tool like Autopano Tour?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm

No, AP Giga as well.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:20 pm

BobF wrote:Trials only at this point. I'd prefer to be able to test out the features before buying. It's unusual for a trial (and particularly a beta) to be feature-limited. Watermarked is common.

I have finally unearthed an old PC on whih to install an unregistered (trial) version of APT 1.1 beta 11.

I think the program makes it quite clear that it is feature limited when running as a trial version - did you not notice?

Andrew Stephens

no avatar
BobF

by BobF » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I saw that, yes. I guess I didn't make the connection as to the need for the KR Pano license and thought that was some additional extended feature. I'm an end user. I'm a photographer. I'm not a software engineer.

Next

Return to Archive