Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 am 

I have 8 360x180 panos for a project. I added the pano links and some "Info bubbles, and a "Question" mark gif file and all worked fine. I added more plus 4 jpeg Objects, and 2 ULR links (in one scene only) and "Info bubbles, "Question" mark gif ... and 3 of the 8 panos do not render now and I get the following at the bottom of the first scene.

I've been over every hotspot and link 3 times and 6 renders. I found and fixed some hotspot errors, but the 3 bad panos make no sense when I compare them to the ones that do work.
All the regular normal setting boxes appear to be normal.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Marv.

---------------------------------------
INFO: krpano 1.0.8.11 (build 2010-05-31)
INFO: Flashplayer WIN 10,1,85,3 PlugIn
INFO: Autopano Tour Version
WARNING: not local trusted - ExternalInterface disabled!
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/preview.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "file:///E:/Work Files/Photo Files/CWU 8-10/Dig Mammoth/Files/pano3Mammoth/mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e3/preview.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "file:///E:/Work Files/Photo Files/CWU 8-10/Dig Mammoth/Files/pano3Mammoth/mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e5/preview.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "file:///E:/Work Files/Photo Files/CWU 8-10/Dig Mammoth/Files/pano3Mammoth/mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/preview.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/2.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/0.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/1.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/3.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/4.jpg" failed
ERROR: download of "mammothDig3edata/mammothDig3e7/5.jpg" failed

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 am 

Marv,

1. Which version of APT are you using? I would recommend beta 11 because that version has the ability to force the rendering of images, via a combo box to choose picture export option (Always/Never/Auto), rather than the so-called 'smart' if-required rendering of beta 10:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta#Autopano_Tour_1.1.0_beta_11

2. When you get the error are you viewing the tour locally - from your PC rather than from your Web server? This message:
"WARNING: not local trusted - ExternalInterface disabled!"
looks like it could be a Flash security message and you may need to configure the Flash Player appropriately:
http://krpano.com/docu/localaccess/

3. To ensure all your output files are in 'one place' to facilitate uploading to your server I recommend creating a new ouput folder for each new tour.

4. To ensure you don't risk losing source files use the Extended-save-as command to copy all source files to a single location.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 pm 

Thanks Andrew:

Was running both the swf & HTML files. same for each.

The problem was in one of my Hotspots or links, or the program burped last night. I know a bad ULR was not the problem... that's a dead givaway I found out. So far the tweeking this morning is going well. Downloaded Beta 11, but still running on Beta 9 because I was trouble shooting finding last good render and kept going.

Yes... new folders for each tour is best.

If this last render is good I'll install B11 and play with it.

One weird thing... (Beta 9) I have 4 Jpeg object images that you can open up. Orig image 1200x1150. In Object I tried 800x600 and 1200x1150 and in both cases they appeared to be 800x600 when they opened in the tour rendered expanded pano view mode. However... I just re-rendered and I get what one would expect. yea.
Now the Question: Is there a way that they will auto expand to fill the frame if they are in the part screen or full screen mode?

Thanks Marv.

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

Last edited by Marv on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 am 

Marv wrote:
One weird thing... (Beta 9) I have 4 Jpeg object images that you can open up. Orig image 1200x1150. In Object I tried 800x600 and 1200x1150 and in both cases they appeared to be 800x600 when they opened in the tour rendered expanded pano view mode. However... I just re-rendered and I get what one would expect. yea.
Now the Question: Is there a way that they will auto expand to fill the frame if they are in the part screen or full screen mode?

Thanks Marv.

I don't understand what it is you are trying to, nor what feature/setings you are using to try and achieve it.

Can you provide a more detailed description?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:05 pm 

I've uploaded an image to help.

I'll explain this two ways:
1. When APT opens on a site, it opens as a Normal small Pano Box and shows the whole image that is normally in the box. If you click on the "Expand to Full screen" button the Pano image automaticly expands to fill the whole screen. So why can't the hotspot "JPG Object link" do the same?

2. When APT opens on a site, it opens as a Normal small Pano Box. If you were to click on a hotspot "JPG Object link" it will open at what ever you have it set at in the "Hoyspot Properties" Box Width & Height box... ie in my case 1200x1150... which is too big for the size of the Opening small Box and parts are cut off. However if you expand the Box to full screen size the "JPG Object link" is displayed in it's entirely (at least on my screen). By the same token... if I had set JPG Object link size to 800x600... it would be displayed in it's entirely in the small box as well as the Full Screen box but it would not have expanded to take advantage of the full screen.

My problem is... I have some verbage on a Display Sign that needs to take advantage of a large screen.

Does this help explain?
Marv.

Last edited by Marv on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:23 pm 

Try specifying the object size as a % rather than an absolute pixel value - see my first screenshot.

Seems to do what I think you want.

The second and third screenshots show an example wher I set the height and width values to 80%.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm 

Thanks... I like the 80%.

Ever since your last post I have been try to do what you said... and it worked... but.... Something is going weird on me and I have to wonder if it's the Beta 9. (I was trying to finish this project before switching to B11). I wanta scream... I just went back and tried several good project file's with and without changes and got the following error (without any changes)... and I didn't change anything. Fustrating.

INFO: krpano 1.0.8.11 (build 2010-05-31)
INFO: Flashplayer WIN 10,0,2,54 StandAlone
INFO: Autopano Tour Version
ERROR: download of "file:///E|/Work%20Files/Photo%20Files/CWU%208%2D10/Dig%20Mammoth/Files/pano%203h%20orig/MammothDig3horigdata/MammothDig3horig2/preview.jpg" failed

I'm going to Beta 11 and cross my fingers.
BTW... where is the "Extended-save-as-command"?

Thanks.
Marv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm 

Marv wrote:
BTW... where is the "Extended-save-as-command"?

Thanks.
Marv.

You can find it in two places in APT V1.1 beta 11 - see screenshots:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm 

Many Thanks Andrew.

That did the trick... and WOW... does it render fast. No more taking breaks during rendering. We are talking 28 seconds to render the same file that took 5-10 minutes with Beta 9. And this was 8 panos with 4 big Graphics.

Unfortunately... it crashed a a fair amount when I:
entered Bubble text and then click on another Hotspot to enter text on that one ... and Crash when I was just clicking from one pano to another to check the properties.

I will post that on the bug form.

thanks Marv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 pm 

Marv wrote:
... and WOW... does it render fast. No more taking breaks during rendering. We are talking 28 seconds to render the same file that took 5-10 minutes with Beta 9.
thanks Marv.

Yes, I remember now that beta 9 had a bug that made rendering spherical panos very slow.

I look foward to seeing your finished tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 pm 

You will. I owe you that.

Marv.