Nodal ninja R-D3L Rotator or Leveler_ez leveler II  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
marquee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by marquee » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 am

also heard the manfrotto version can take on much more weight that the 2nd generation leveler. Is that true?

Have been considering getting one of these products?
Anybody have any ideas as to which one would be a better option?

Firstly I don't know if its absolutely necessary to get one for shooting sphericals.
secondly autopano can help straighten the pano any which way you shoot.

So the question is
are these product really worth investing in and if so where would you need it?

cheers

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi,

To help you a little in your decision, you should be aware that R-D3L and EZ-Leveller II are not really same products !
R-D3L is both a leveller and rotator (but with limited option, only 6-8-10 or 6-8-30 positions).
EZ-Leveller II is just a leveller but very easy to use with its three knobs and it has smaller imprints in nadir than Manfrotto one which is really large !

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
marquee

Topic author
Info

by marquee » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks I'm aware of that R-D3L as an easy option so that you can carry less and get a spherical with 10.5mm or wider lenses.

But its begging to be asked does the world need the leveler option at all. And if so where would it be useful?

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:53 am

marquee wrote:But its begging to be asked does the world need the leveler option at all. And if so where would it be useful?

Well it's always easier to get all shots done at level than to level afterward in stitching software ;) If you do some spherical panos, you can get always level later in software for sure ;) It's just a question of ease. For me I think it's always better to get best shots at begin than to do manual works on pictures after :D

Vincèn
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
marquee

Topic author
Info

by marquee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 am

sure thats a fair enough answer.
In relation to the R-D3L?
I'm thinking if you already have a rotator then there would be no use for the R-D3L but simply the ez lever would be a good option. ya?

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 am

marquee wrote:I'm thinking if you already have a rotator then there would be no use for the R-D3L but simply the ez lever would be a good option. ya?

Definitively right :)

Vincèn