European shops selling Gigapan ?  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
wildpeaks

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

European shops selling Gigapan ?

by wildpeaks » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 pm

As the title says, are there european shops selling GigaPan Epic ?
Because their regular website is one of the very few shops that refuse my credit card.

I'm going to Pripyat and Kiev the first days of april so it would have been a good moment to make some interesting panoramas rather than mountains and forests.
Last edited by wildpeaks on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Sorry for the off-topic, but I read several years ago that you need a special permit to enter Pripyat. Has the situation changed? If not, where do you apply for a permit?

Paul

Info

by Paul » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 pm

on pripyat.com are a lot of infos about travelling inside "the zone" ...
Paul

close, but no cigar ... ... ...

no avatar
wildpeaks

Topic author
Info

by wildpeaks » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes and quite a few other travel company also take care of the details for you (for example, trips there are usually only lasting one day, but we'll stay two days with one night in some hotel in the Zone [not Pripyat's, of course, despite I'd love to]).

Pripyat.com is a great ressource indeed and they organize regular tours (however, even if they were my first choice, I was not able to contact them by email or via their forums).

As for situation changed, what recently changed there is that the ships graveyard where many contaminated vehicules were stored has now been closed because everything is buried, and you are not allowed to enter the buildings in Pripyat anymore (however my guide has been quite blurry about that topic, and other people who went there tend to say you can bribe the militaries), so let's see.

It's only two years ago that the Zone started being open again (I guess they prefer having some control over who comes and goes rather than having people breaking the perimeter).
Last edited by wildpeaks on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.