Anti-glare screen for Nokia tablet  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
DukeNukeIt

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Anti-glare screen for Nokia tablet

by DukeNukeIt » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I've got my Nokia 800 already, but no Orion head yet. I was wondering if anyone has an issue with glare on the screen? Just trying to watch videos on the Nokia I've already noticed it's hard to see the screen sometimes. Are there any good anti-glare screen covers for the 800 series?

Also does the Nokia have a Contrast setting? All I've found is the brightness level...

Thanks,
Dave

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Yes, glare can be an issue outdoors, just as it is with most LCD displays, although some are more reflective than others. The fashion these days seems to be for glossy highly reflective LCD screens on hadhelds and laptops.

You may wish to fabricate/improvise some sort of 'hood'/sunshield? A hard case with a hinged lid might do the trick? They say that some cases designed for the Nintendo DS-Lite (of which there are very many) also fit the N800 quite nicely but the Venom EVA DS-Lite case I bought was just too small. The Intec Dura Case for the DS-Lite seemed to be quite well liked by some.

You will find a lot of screen protectors around - you might check on Internet Tablet Talk forums to see which people like:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/

The Nokia Tablets do not have a contrast setting.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.