Beginner panorama hardware  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
raresh

Beginner panorama hardware

by raresh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Hello everyone!

I want to make some full 360 panorama, or spherical let's say for a website, but i have some problems making them.
Now i have a Canon 400D with standard lens. 18-55 mm. I have to make some panoramas inside the buildings.
But in small rooms it is very hard to make a perfect panorama. or i am not used enough with the software and the rest.
What lens would be best and not that expensive to make it easy and perfect?
I was thinking at some fisheye lens. And maybe a tripod head? because i already have a tripod but not for panorama.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:12 pm

You cannot shoot indoor 360x180 panos without a proper pano head - you will have too many parallax errors without one.

I suggest a FE lens but none of the good FE lens that are easy to use are inexpensive.

The Sigma 8mm f3.5 is probably the easiest to use, but you may prefer the Tokina 10-17mm zoom FE that is also highly rated by panos photographers, you need to take a few more shots with that to cover 360x180 but you will end up with a higher resolution pano..

I suggest a Nodal Ninja 3 MkII pano head.

As long as you have a proper pano head you could use your current kit zoom lens - but you will need to take many more shots to cover 360x180 and they will not stitch as easily unless you used the Merlin/Orion+Papywizard robotic pano head with the upcoming APPV2/APG.
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Hardware