A place for your stuff  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
DrSlony

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

A place for your stuff

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey!

What do you carry your equipment around in when you go somewhere without your car, or in your car but only part of the way, the rest on foot/by bus/train/public transport? How do you carry your tripod?

I use a medium sized hiking bag, its absolutely not meant for carrying camera equipment but its the only bag that lets me fit my camera, pano head and whole tripod in it. I prefer keeping my tripod hidden inside the bag while walking because I dont feel comfortable with it hanging outside on the back of the bag in plain sight - Poland isn't as dangerous as South Africa but it isn't Belgium either, so I'd rather people not know whats in the bag. I could find no special camera travelling bag on google that would let my keep my camera AND tripod inside it.

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:19 pm

DrSlony wrote:I use a medium sized hiking bag, its absolutely not meant for carrying camera equipment but its the only bag that lets me fit my camera, pano head and whole tripod in it.

I use a medium sized hiking bag too, where I put 1 camera, 1 head, 1 tripod and 3 lenses...
The bag is rainproof but I use Turperware like plastic boxes with some foam to protect the camera and lenses.

:) I had to buy more boxes than I actually use to find the right ones but the other are now in the kitchen or elsewhere.
:cool: Living next to the mountains helped to find a not too expensive but very well made and light hiking bag.
Georges

no avatar
gerardm

Info

by gerardm » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:39 am

I use Kata bags that I modify. For instance, the pixorb is 4 different components: controller, base, battery, and head. I made styrofoam and Plexiglas partitions to accommodate the priority of unpacking and setting it up and reverse. Then, there are the tripod, camera, and computer to finish it off. With the new battery regulations, I have to ship beforehand. I agree, good preparation is key to moving around. But when you start pulling out a 600mm lens, everyone is staring.