Lens for Nikon D610  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
Bambalec

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Lens for Nikon D610

by Bambalec » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 pm

So i finally decided to start with nikon d610 for my pano tour shooting. I would like to know your opinions about which lens i should go with? Im intrested in no taking more than 4 or 5 shots arround. Which fisheye lenses are able to do so? im worried that 15mm sigma or 16mm nikon are not enough for that... =(

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Lens for Nikon D610

by mediavets » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Bambalec wrote:So i finally decided to start with nikon d610 for my pano tour shooting. I would like to know your opinions about which lens i should go with? Im interested in no taking more than 4 or 5 shots arround. Which fisheye lenses are able to do so? im worried that 15mm Sigma or 16mm nikon are not enough for that... =(

See: http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic-lens-database/

The Sigma 15mm and Nikon 16mm fisheye lenses require 6-around plus zenith and nadir to cover 360x180. But these are the best choices for the fullframe sensor D610.

A Sigma 8mm fisheye will require 3-around plus nadir but will 'waste' a lot of the fullframe sensor because the circular image in creates doesn't cover the entire sensor. It is not a good choice.

By the time you've setup to shoot a pano it takes little longer to shoot using 7 or 8 shooting positions rather than 4 or 5.

Bambalec likes this post.

no avatar
Bambalec

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Re: Lens for Nikon D610

by Bambalec » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:37 am

mediavets wrote:
Bambalec wrote:So i finally decided to start with nikon d610 for my pano tour shooting. I would like to know your opinions about which lens i should go with? Im interested in no taking more than 4 or 5 shots arround. Which fisheye lenses are able to do so? im worried that 15mm Sigma or 16mm nikon are not enough for that... =(

See: http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic-lens-database/

The Sigma 15mm and Nikon 16mm fisheye lenses require 6-around plus zenith and nadir to cover 360x180. But these are the best choices for the fullframe sensor D610.

A Sigma 8mm fisheye will require 3-around plus nadir but will 'waste' a lot of the fullframe sensor because the circular image in creates doesn't cover the entire sensor. It is not a good choice.

By the time you've setup to shoot a pano it takes little longer to shoot using 7 or 8 shooting positions rather than 4 or 5.

Thanks again :) But finally the question is which one of them 2 i should buy ...? anyone experienced a comparison in between them? Thanks in advance :)