Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:30 pm 

Wondering what would give the most effect on preformance in panotour autopano giga and autopanovideo all pro.
Upgrading from I5 to I7, OR, Adding another graphix to get crossfire for the gpu support.
Pondering.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 pm 

All kolor products a.f.a.i.k. use only one GPU, so a single graphic card is enough. Not that a dual GPU is a bad thing but it will not bring you anything when using Kolor products. Maybe things will improve in the future but I am doubtfull.
In case of Autopano giga, the stiching programm, only when generating a preview in the editor, the GPU is used. This is likely the time that you sit behind the computer, so important time.
See viewtopic.php?p=87033#p87033 for a formula/system for getting idea what your computer will need for APG

Autopano tour does not use the GPU much a.f.a.i.k

Autopano video does use the GPU a lot when rendering.

In general a computer is more then the speed of a single component. A good ssd or SDD cache can do wonders but first of all you will want RAM, lot's of it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 am 

Well, that nothing would benefit from xfire, sorta sets it. lol
Yeah, i only got 16Gb ram, so that will be a upgrade too.
I7, then i guess its just to start looking for dual cpu motherboards. :p

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:39 am 

The best thing about dual cpu motherboards is that they can have more RAM. Whether the Kolor programms will use all cores remains to be seen.
I have been testing solutions in the cloud with XEON cores but was disappointed by the speed of the drives. It is all a matter of balance.
16 GB is fine for fisheye, 360 panoramas.
I still have an i7 920 with 16 GB that I started my business on. It is still used by me and remotely by others do to work. Of course the new machine with 64 GB and titan card is faster in many ways and needed now I do more and more work for others.

See viewtopic.php?p=87033#p87033 for a formula/system for getting idea what your computer will need for APG