Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:28 am 

reviewing Arnauds Areal photography bundle...
http://www.kolor.com/buy/bundles/pack-a ... raphy.html

I dont get the puzzle Fitting...

sounds interesting 600€ for 6m tripod with 2kg weight....
... but why is he Holding the tripod by Hand? this cant work even with a Manual head and a small cam having no tripod
... without tripod and without lets say 3 leashes Holding the monopod stable....

do I miss something?

a Manual head.... ok I can imageinge using a rotator to get one row of Images
.... but how to Change the cam to next row?

do I miss something?

1.5kg payload in 6m heigth... which cam&panohead combinations would be usable for this?

lets assume I would use my manfrotto 8kg tripod spreading my tripodlegs to Maximum using all segments, so I finally get a Basis covering a radius of 2.5 m (5m circle) with my 3 tripodlegs
... and I would Mount the 6m monopod on my manfrotto tripod.
... and I would use 3 leashes using carabiner to fix the leashes on grass bottom...
... and I would use an automatic panohead (panoneed) with my Canon (lets asume 5kg max.)

would this work? (also in mind Lifting the payload without having some sort of crank...)

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Attachments:
2014-02-19 00_32_10-Aerial photography bundle selected by Arnaud Frich - Bundles - Internet Explorer.png
2014-02-19 00_32_10-Aerial photography bundle selected by Arnaud Frich - Bundles - Internet Explorer.png [ 224.59 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:42 pm 

Hi Georg,

In fact the goal of this aerial photography bundle is to create aerial virtual tours using a fisheye lens, so you don't need to shoot several rows.

You don't need any tripod or leaches but you can't put heavy cameras and heads. In fact Arnaud chose the RS1 head that is included in the bundle, and advices to use a camera like a Nikon D7100 with a 10.5mm fisheye lens. The aim is to bring simplicity in the creation of aerial virtual tours.
The foot plate and the pole rotator placed at the bottom of the pole make the shooting really quick and easy. You can add an external level that you can place on the pole for more precision.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm 

Rami wrote:
Hi Georg,

In fact the goal of this aerial photography bundle is to create aerial virtual tours using a fisheye lens, so you don't need to shoot several rows.

You don't need any tripod or leaches but you can't put heavy cameras and heads. In fact Arnaud chose the RS1 head that is included in the bundle, and advices to use a camera like a Nikon D7100 with a 10.5mm fisheye lens.

These two statements seem to contradict each other.

Which of course requires more than a single row to cover 360x180.

Which seems to have ben why he chose the RS1 over the U-R1/10.

With this setup you would surely need to take the pole down to adjust the pano head to shoot zenith shots?

Aside from that I think Georg's observation was to question whether it would be possible to raise that rig single-handed and whether having raised it it could be stable simple supporter with one hand, as show in the photo.