Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Help me start
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 pm 

Thank you for accepting questions :D

and yes, I'm planing to sell them for hotels and make some charity for universities and NGOs in my country. also planing to sell some touristic places as virtual tours.

It's too hard to get some good job here and almost impossible to get a good salary so this will be my ticket to leave the country :D

I have Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management and Business administration and can't find a job!! Can you believe this!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:53 pm 

ahmad.afef wrote:

and yes, I'm planing to sell them for hotels and make some charity for universities and NGOs in my country. also planing to sell some touristic places as virtual tours.

It's too hard to get some good job here and almost impossible to get a good salary so this will be my ticket to leave the country :D

I have Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management and Business administration and can't find a job!! Can you believe this!!

The positive thing is that you already know how Hotels and business works. That should make it easier to create a good contact in that world. Often that is at least as important as being able to create a good product.

Here are a few hotels I stitched
http://alsofjeerbent.nl/showyourlocatio ... mas/hotels

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 am 

What a great job, i'm impressed. I'm happy to find such a mentor to be ready to accept my questions :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:55 am 

ahmad.afef wrote:

Hi Ahmad!

I strongly suggest to gather *in-deep* informations what it´s all about creating interactive panos and tours before you spend much money on hardware!
Another point is your potential market: check what kind of clients might be relevant for you and what prices you can ask realistically.
Do some researching marketing-wise . . .

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 am 

klausesser wrote:
Hi Ahmad!

I strongly suggest to gather *in-deep* informations what it´s all about creating interactive panos and tours before you spend much money on hardware!
Another point is your potential market: check what kind of clients might be relevant for you and what prices you can ask realistically.

best, Klaus

I have some experience since this was my graduating project, so I think I have a good background about what i'll be doing. the only issue I had was not having the right hardware.

My clients are for now 3 hotels (Grand Park Hotel Bethlehem) (Grand Park Hotel Ram Allah) (ST Gabriel Hotel Bethlehem)
and prices already set, a bit high, but i'm the only one in the whole country!! I think I can ask for a bit high price at the moment, there is zero competition.
For clients that ask for more than one 360 by 180 the price would be less for them for sure.

Then there is the other part, where i'll take images for touristic places and then i'll sell it on CDs or non-writable USB sticks. Palestine is full of places you want to see (mostly christian places like Jesus Nativity Church).

I believe I may have a good market, not to give me a life span more than 1 year, but good to make a enough to get me out of here :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:45 pm 

ahmad.afef wrote:
What a great job, i'm impressed. I'm happy to find such a mentor to be ready to accept my questions :D

Feel free to ask me for support. Try to dropbox me some testshots once you have them so I can see how well they already stitch without you having to go into a long lurning curve. I will try to help you when time allows me, for free of course

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:46 pm 

ahmad.afef wrote:
klausesser wrote:
Hi Ahmad!

best, Klaus

I have some experience since this was my graduating project, so I think I have a good background about what i'll be doing. the only issue I had was not having the right hardware.

My clients are for now 3 hotels (Grand Park Hotel Bethlehem) (Grand Park Hotel Ram Allah) (ST Gabriel Hotel Bethlehem)
and prices already set, a bit high, but i'm the only one in the whole country!! I think I can ask for a bit high price at the moment, there is zero competition.
For clients that ask for more than one 360 by 180 the price would be less for them for sure.

Then there is the other part, where i'll take images for touristic places and then i'll sell it on CDs or non-writable USB sticks. Palestine is full of places you want to see (mostly christian places like Jesus Nativity Church).

I believe I may have a good market, not to give me a life span more than 1 year, but good to make a enough to get me out of here :)

Good to hear you already have some projects lined up. Lot to learn and test for now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:25 am 

HansKeesom wrote:
Feel free to ask me for support. Try to dropbox me some testshots once you have them so I can see how well they already stitch without you having to go into a long lurning curve. I will try to help you when time allows me, for free of course

HansKeesom wrote:
Good to hear you already have some projects lined up. Lot to learn and test for now.

Thank you, you're the best :D
I think next sunday - tuesday i'll have the tripod and the head with the nadir part
max on wednesday i'll be making some cameras test and the best one i'll be using it and sure will let you know