New KODAK SP360 action cam  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
aurorela

New KODAK SP360 action cam

by aurorela » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:12 pm

a friend of mine bought this new impressive camera that has got some nice reviews. For the videos there is no particular issue. But right now, all the pictures i get from it, can't be used in panotour pro 2. As for the moment i don't have access to the camera itself, i don't know if it's because my friend used a bad projection mode to acquire the pictures (the images i get are either circular jpegs or kind of rectangle but no 360° panoramic view so maybe he's doing wrong with the projection modes).

Any clue about this ? did you try the photographic function and is it possible to create virtual tours based on that device ? and if yes, then how can we proceed.

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/camescope/ ... /test.html

no avatar
mediavets

Re: New KODAK SP360 action cam

by mediavets » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Do you want to share some sample images with us?

no avatar
aurorela

by aurorela » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 pm

i found the other topic about this KODAK SP360 with 4 fisheye pics on a dropbox link, it works, as it would with any fisheye, but i was hoping this camera could, unlike the Theta from RICOH, create a full 360° panoramic view (even if it was not covering 180° verticaly) at once... but i realize it's not the case... i may be wrong though as i don't have the camera yet. I'll get the camera from my friend next monday so i will have a better idea and will be able to post samples + let you know if i found a way to fix this.

no avatar
Charly30

by Charly30 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:30 pm

if two SP360 camera works with AVP . I would buy the software. Do you have any examples? Charly

no avatar
n6mod

by n6mod » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:52 am

Both my father an I have SP360s that we bought to play with. I'd be very interested in being able to use something like AVP to do remappings from the fisheye to other projections. The included software can do this, but it's really, really awful software.
Any suggestions on how to get AVP to work with a single file, or (gasp) alternate software suggestions?

I'll try to get some time to shoot some footage with the two of them back to back soon.

Return to Hardware