Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:36 am 

yes one thing I have noticed here is one finger typing is not good =( by the time you finish replying your out of date :) :) I usually get mine by Nikon software capture nx2 or view nx report updates or DP review website my home page , Have not taken many pics lately =( =( these pain medications make you feel yuk ,sort of playing around with livepano I will have to go to that part of the forum and start asking questions soon I think but will give it another go first cheers rolly1

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 am 

Klaus hope you are well ,I have modified my Nikkor 50 F2 to work on my D800 but I did misread the instructions =( =( , took too much metal off ,So I have to add a piece of metal to the lens aperture ring to move with the spring loaded arm on the body , will use the fork screw holes to attach it ,I must admit I have not rushed into using it because I have Nikkor 50 1.8D I will compare them one day , Auto focus not important anyway for VR cheers rolly1 :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:26 pm 

Hi Destiny hope you are well , Had a Nikon D810 with Tamron 150 to 600 in my hot little hands the other day , one of the people in the camera club just got them the other week , I must admit I was very impressed with both ,the Tamron focusing was fast for the price and the sharpness at 600 mm was really very good also the image stabiliser seemed to work well hand held ,The most noticeable thing about the D810 was how quiet the shutter was and the rear screen seemed better ,also very positive focusing may be why the Tamron seemed so good , Will see if I can try it on my D800 one day ,Going to be a hard decision when the time comes cheers Rolly1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm 

Hi

Yes, I read about the D810.... I love my D800 but if I ever buy a new camera I will probably go with the Nikon D5s...

There will always be something new and better...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:29 pm 

Destiny the main dislike I had about my D800 is not having 2 of them , but there are a few disappointments with it ,that I think they have fixed in D810 , live view focusing and mirror shutter vibration ,will probably get one when I retire with my super ,well sounds like a good idea anyway ha ha , one step closer to my best affordable Telephoto lens, I picked up a 16 to 28 Tokina wide angle recently , That's the end of my list I told you about last year so next is tele lens so the saving starts going to be a long time though , One thing I did get recently which is interesting is a camranger wireless controller for Ipad or Android works really well with D800 on NN5 and Panogear Does focus stacking , HDR bracketing , Time laps , focus peeking , total camera control all from up to 50 metres away cheers Rolly1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:38 am 

I would have passes on the wide angle and bought it after the tele lens... My Sigma 50-500mm is awesome... but a bit more zoom would be even better... For the money I feel the Sigma was the best option for me... I use my D800 for all my photgraphy..

What I would really like to buy is a M series Nodal Nija.. For the top rail fine increments.. My NN4 increments are far to much for use with my 50-500mm. I also feel the weight of my D800 and heavy lens is just too much for my NN4.. Its great with my D90 and small lens..

I would also like to buy a wireless remote but... which one.. I bought one for my D90 but it was a dud so I sent it back... I did get to use it a few times and found it to be really handy...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 am 

Destiny yes it was a hard decision to make, wide angle or tele lens but I also wanted wireless remote ,its the reason I got the Ipad , The Tokina and camranger were cheaper than Than either tele lens by a few hundred dollars got two wanted items instead of one ,now this might interest you, when I got my Ipad ( main reason screen res ) the camranger was the way to go, it will work on android as well but it costs about $300 + dollars so its not cheap but it does work really well, since I got mine ,I found out you can get the same thing but it only works on android for about $50 prob US dollars its a Portable Battery powered 3G /4G Wireless N Router model ( TP-LINK TL-MR3040 ) there's a new one and old one, latter model is 4G and the app is free I think it was ,if you google model number you should find out all about it , ( the premium price for camranger is because of the special app they wrote for IOS ) much cheaper than $800 dollars for Nikon wireless even at $300 dollars cheers Rolly1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 am 

Destiny wrote:
What I would really like to buy is a M series Nodal Nija.. For the top rail fine increments.. My NN4 increments are far to much for use with my 50-500mm. I also feel the weight of my D800 and heavy lens is just too much for my NN4.. Its great with my D90 and small lens..

Is there any rational reason why you´re not taking the Seitz for this kind of shooting??

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hi
but if I ever buy a new camera I will probably go with the Nikon D5s...
There will always be something new and better...

Yes - and a D4 or future D5 woud be a bad decision. Almost three times the price, lower resolution . . . and a ISO range nobody really needs.

The D4 is good for sports (rather fast, extremely robust) and for filming (extremely high ISO in good quaity).

But if your goal is film and less photography i´d suggest a Canon 1 DC.

I terms of shooting panoramas there´s nothing that tops a D800/810. But i prefer the D800 - because it´s AA filter.
I had the D800E first . . and i returned it for getting a D800.

Shooting panoramas you sometimes hardly can calcuate where you´re going to encounter strutures which cause moiree.

I had it several times with the D800E - i don´t like that.

Compensating moiree eats away the little bit gain in resolution which the missing AA-filter provides - which btw. is very much
dependant on your lenses - and it took me careful editing in CaptureOne Pro for dealing with the moiree. No. Production-wise it´s
not a good way.

As i heard the D810 is a bit less sensitive to moiree - but when i buy a new camera it needs to have 40+mp . . until that happens the
D800 is the optimal workhorse.

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 pm 

Hi Klaus Hasselblad have a 200 mp model now, shame about the price and size of the camera :) :) ,The D810 Has fixed all the minor gripes I have with my D800 :) , The best affordable zoom lens will come first, see what happens after that :) , Destiny the web site for the wireless controller is ( dslr controller .com ) its canon only but it gives you an I dear how it works , but if you hunt around you can find Nikon version cheers Rolly1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:36 pm 

rolly1 wrote:
Hasselblad have a 200 mp model now,

Yes - they have it for quite a time already - but you should know that it´s a multishot-back!

It´s a 50mpx back which shifts the sensor several times to gather the information for 200mpx.
So it´s an absolute still-life camera. Nothing may move or just vibrate.

As one-shot you get "only" 50mpx.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:19 am 

Klaus you would have to have good fixing point to get the best out of it , could not see anyone adding a sigma 50 to 500mm or tamron tele lens on a Hasselblad even if it would fit :) :) ,It will be interesting to see if you get your wish of 40+mp Nikon body ,D800 will do me cheers rolly1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:29 pm 

Destiny well sigma has thrown another curve ball in to the mix , They have released 2 x 150 to 600 mm lenses no price yet one more up market than the other ,and Nikon has released a D750 fx camera cheers rolly1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm 

Yes... I saw that... Oh well.. No regrets about buying my 500mm... Its a wonderful lens... I am getting used to carrying it.. I now have a Black Rapid strap which makes it easier and safer to carry..

http://www.cnet.com/news/sigma-announce ... om-lenses/

New lenses and new cameras... its the way of things.. Impossible to keep up with it all..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:33 am 

makes my choice a bit harder when the time comes , will not be until next year , I have organised to try Tamron 150 to 600 on my D800 next Wednesdays meeting ,when I tried it, it was on D810 which has group cluster setting interested to see if any difference ,Wild Orchid season Destiny (not a flower person ) but gee they are hard to take a good photo off cheers Rolly1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:59 am 

Hey.. Have you tried using the 51 auto focus points yet.. Great for Action.. Set the F-Stop to say 5.6 and get the entire subject in focus rather than parts fusing into the background DOF..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:27 pm 

Destiny these Orchids are about 10mm to 50mm in size , I use a 90mm Tamron macro lens and if the air is still enough I try to use focus stacking ,this sample if it worked is 21 images cheers rolly1

Attachments:
spiderorchid.jpg
spiderorchid.jpg [ 45.8 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm 

I like it.. What focus stacking software are you using.. I have Helicon... Seems to work well...
This is an image from their web site... Actually, you have remind me that I have some images to test focus stacking with.. If I find them I will post the results up..

Destiny...

Attachments:
Bug-1.jpg
Bug-1.jpg [ 144.02 KiB | Viewed 329 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10