Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:53 am 

:D

We really wanted an iDevices for a long time but even thought we were advised to buy this unit, we do not know much about it... its coming from Samsung so we will receive in a day or so..

One thing we would like to find out.. Is it possible for this Samsung Note to hook up to a D800 via cables..???

Is there any kind of photo viewing software I can load onto it.. ??

Now, apparently this unit has Android 4, which has flash on it.. but if I upgrade to Android 4.1 it will not.. should I upgrade...??

One main reason for choosing this unit was driven by the need to view my PTP Tours and the media I create on an iDevice to make sure it works or at the very least to see what it looks like..

I will be buying a case with keyboard attached to help we emails and word-processing. What is the best word processing software I can use with this unit....

This unit I am hoping will be a great way to showcase my Tours to others on the road. With all the new technology in the way of software being developed for iDevices it is probably a great time to buy the Samsung Note..

Does any of you have one of these iDevices..

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 am 

The term 'iDevices' relates strictly to Apple products - iPhone and iPad.

With PTP 1.8 support for iDevices means just that, Apple iDevices.

Tours created with PTP 1.8 typically do not run on Android platforms. I have borrowed a Nexus 7 Android 4.1 tablet from a friend; it will not load and run virtual tours created with PTP 1.8.

The HTML file created by PTP 1.8 invokes a script that detects the browser user-agent; if it detects an iDevices browser user-agent it will load the HTML/javascript (HTML5) version of the tour, otherwise it will (attempt to) load the Flash version of the tour.

The latest Android devices do not (and will not) officially support Flash, and earlier Android devices with Flash support frequently lack the hardware/software capanbilities required to run Flash virtual tours.

PTP 1.8 incorporates krpano 1.0.8.15. The krpano 1.0.8.15 HTML5 Panorama Viewer primarily supports Apple IDevices.

The latest version of krpano 1.16 has a new HTML5 Panorama Viewer with much enhanced support for HTML5 on both iDevice and Android platforms.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 am 

Oh man!... :( I was sure it would.. oh craps!!...

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 am 

emm... I liked this unit for its tech specs, the pen options for use at school on interactive whiteboards, the G3 phone and more.... it also looks a whole lot better than an iPad.. http://www.harveynorman.com.au/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-16gb-3g-white.html
I also do not like the way Apple do business.

Oh well.. I guess I will have to hope PTP will in time support Android.. I really thought that iDevices was a generic term relating to all these kind of units.. But when think about it.. that was a bit silly...

Destiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

Destiny wrote:
This unit I am hoping will be a great way to showcase my Tours to others on the road. With all the new technology in the way of software being developed for iDevices it is probably a great time to buy the Samsung Note..

597.-$??? (or is it AU $? is that different from US $?)

You can get an iPad Retina with 16GB for less. But i anyway suggest to take 32GB - high resolution means bigger files. I guess you experienced this from using your D800 . . . ;):cool:
http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?product=IPAD2012-4GEN_MAIN

It´s much more elegant and business-people more likely use iPads than any others. That might be relevant when you use it business-ways.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:00 pm 

.... because i purchased my iMac long before Apple screwed Samsung and decided to act like the worlds biggest bullies..

I consider this to be my little way of protesting against this kind of behaviour....

Destiny..

Destiny wrote:
I also do not like the way Apple do business.

Then why are you using an iMac?

And: what´s doing Samsung better than Apple . . . business-wise? They´re not protagonists - they´re copyists.

Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm 

when your galaxy arrieves... about graphic Software:
.... connect it via wlan to the Internet and find on dektop "Google Play" Icon... all apps there can be downloaded and installed - in General only compatible ones are displayed.
you also can got to Google Play via Webbrowser from any Desktop: https://play.google.com/store
you can download the packages and move them via usb thetering to your android tablet.

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm 

... I could have gotten it cheaper but this comes with 2 years Samsung warranty.. Often it can come with just one year.. I paid $615 AUS..

I thought about the 32 gig but it was about $100 more so we decided that we can add an extra card to get more in the slot..

Thanks for you advice and suggestions...

Destiny.

klausesser wrote:
Destiny wrote:

597.-$??? (or is it AU $? is that different from US $?)

You can get an iPad Retina with 16GB for less. But i anyway suggest to take 32GB - high resolution means bigger files. I guess you experienced this from using your D800 . . . ;):cool:
http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?product=IPAD2012-4GEN_MAIN

It´s much more elegant and business-people more likely use iPads than any others. That might be relevant when you use it business-ways.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 pm 

Thank you Georg.. I will do that.. :cool:

I will also be buying Norton for it. It cost $30 but it comes with a $30 rebate.. :rolleyes:

Destiny..

gkaefer wrote:
.... connect it via wlan to the Internet and find on dektop "Google Play" Icon... all apps there can be downloaded and installed - in General only compatible ones are displayed.
you also can got to Google Play via Webbrowser from any Desktop: https://play.google.com/store
you can download the packages and move them via usb thetering to your android tablet.

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm 

...PS.. Don't forget, this is a Note, not a Tab.. The Galaxy Tab 2 cost much less.. but the Note has a Pen for fine writing and you can split the screen, use it as a mobile phone with bluetooth, internet, interactive whiteboards, movies and more.. I guess most of what an iPad can do but I do not like them.. They need to rethink their design.. All Apple seem to be is fixated with how thin they can get it..

Destiny....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Thank you Georg.. I will do that.. :cool:

I will also be buying Norton for it. It cost $30 but it comes with a $30 rebate.. :rolleyes:

Destiny..

gkaefer wrote:

Georg

search Goolge Play for "lookout Security", "AntiVirus" (AVG free), many others exist... - all free - all with 4,5 or more stars...
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 pm 

Well Georg, this one looks good https://www.lookout.com/
...but why do they make it for free. Is it a case that I will open the door to advertising or spam messages..
How can they afford to give it away..

Destiny..
PS.. Its Saturday... Probably will not get it until Monday now..:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:51 pm 

LOOKING GREAT!!!! :D :cool:

As long as I keep Android 4, I can use Flash on my Samsung Note.. ;)
I am not sure what benefits there would be to update to 4.1++>
So my fears in buying the Samsung Note thinking I cannot use it for my PTP Virtual Tours was premature..

The New PTP V2 is bound to be AWESOME... :D:D

Destiny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 am 

Destiny wrote:

The New PTP V2 is bound to be AWESOME... :D:D

Destiny

When it finally arrives....... wondering which Christmas they were once talking about :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Well Georg, this one looks good https://www.lookout.com/
...but why do they make it for free. Is it a case that I will open the door to advertising or spam messages..
How can they afford to give it away..

Destiny..
PS.. Its Saturday... Probably will not get it until Monday now..:(

I use the lockout on my android 2.2 SonyEriccson Mobile - I did use many others but allways had Performance Problems.
lookuout is running well - no Spams, no adds etc.
2 Features are only available for paying customers. ist a Feature mainly interesting for tables: secure Surfing and a app guidance protecting you that other apps dont send unwanted data to the net...
I also love the backup and the mobile tracking...

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 am 

Ok Georg.. Sounds good.. I will take your advice on this.. So I take it I just go to their web site using the Note Book and download/install from that..

Destiny..