Interesting approach  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

Interesting approach

by klausesser » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
Christian Stüben
Member
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:08 am
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

by Christian Stüben » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 pm

klausesser wrote:http://www.fullview.com/technology.html

best, Klaus

Hmm, maybe i am wrong, but in the early days of quicktime vr, haven´t there been many cameras with similar technology? One or more cameras, mirrors (plane or spherical), and a resulting 360 degree photo or movie?

Where have all the cameras gone
long time passing
where have all the cameras gone
long time ago
where have all the cameras gone
we have picked them every one

greetings from Wuppertal
Chris
---
always remember, the world is a flat disk.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Christian Stüben wrote:Hmm, maybe i am wrong, but in the early days of quicktime vr, haven´t there been many cameras with similar technology? One or more cameras, mirrors (plane or spherical), and a resulting 360 degree photo or movie?

The point is: parabolic mirrors don´t work as good as flat mirrors. Of course you can mount 6 DSLRs with fisheye lenses to a rig which shoots a full sphere in one shot . . . or 6 GoPros doing the same (but the image-quality is a bit . . well . . ;))

So i guess 4 cameras of acceptable quality and 4 excellent flat mirrors might be a good solution - and provide acceptable movie-quality also.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg

by gkaefer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm

klausesser wrote:
Christian Stüben wrote:Hmm, maybe i am wrong, but in the early days of quicktime vr, haven´t there been many cameras with similar technology? One or more cameras, mirrors (plane or spherical), and a resulting 360 degree photo or movie?

The point is: parabolic mirrors don´t work as good as flat mirrors. Of course you can mount 6 DSLRs with fisheye lenses to a rig which shoots a full sphere in one shot . . . or 6 GoPros doing the same (but the image-quality is a bit . . well . . ;))

So i guess 4 cameras of acceptable quality and 4 excellent flat mirrors might be a good solution - and provide acceptable movie-quality also.

best, Klaus

but nadir and much larger zenith... fullspherical panos are difficult too...
did you see the new gen of gopro 3 black edition?
4K video, fullHD with up to 120fps and lower res. up to 240 fps.
10still images per second in endlessloop, 12megapixel resolution, burst mode with 30images per second.
and image quality is getting better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A3PDXmYoF5U

f2.8 glass lens now standard and manual whitebalance is possible
specs eng.: http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition#specs
specs german: http://www.camforpro.com/GoPro-HERO3-Black-Edition_detail_499.html
fov: 150°; 127°; 90° @ 1080p

lg
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:18 pm

gkaefer wrote:but nadir and much larger zenith... fullspherical panos are difficult too...

Of course you can´t do a full sphere this way . . . :cool:

gkaefer wrote:did you see the new gen of gopro 3 black edition?

Yes - but i read not so good reviews about it from people who bought it on the spot . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg

by gkaefer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:34 pm

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:but nadir and much larger zenith... fullspherical panos are difficult too...

Of course you can´t do a full sphere this way . . . :cool:

gkaefer wrote:did you see the new gen of gopro 3 black edition?

Yes - but i read not so good reviews about it from people who bought it on the spot . .

best, Klaus

its a sports & action cam. no DSLR quality absolute correct.
But compared to my gopro HD (first edition) its now a an exclusive sportscar @ 200mph driven by solar engery on a 500 miles nonstop trip...
;)
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests