Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:27 am 

Just amazing really... Now that Apple have won the billion $$ lawsuit against Samsung, god knows the future of tablets.. Apple seems to have patents for most of the interactive content so where does that leave the rest of them...? As much as I can see value in an iPad I for one will not buy one due to Apples restrictive attitude towards flash. There seems to be a lot of people trying to find alternative solutions to flash due to this, one being the html5 format.. I read today that one of the main reasons why Adobe is backing away from flash is due to the way Apple has rejected this medium...

Apparently anyone wanting to "Use fingers to part for zooming into a graphic or even to use their finger to screen scroll, and more.." needs to pay Apple for the right to do so which includes Microsoft. Google also use Apple's so called patented technologies so they too will have to stop using it.. Things will change in a big way now.. Perhaps Apple thinks that now they the monopoly over many interactive graphics that their sales will now boom..

I really wished that Xerox management gave greater value over the first graphic interface look on a monitor than they did, before Steve Jobs walking in and walking out with 'others peoples' ideas...

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm 

Destiny wrote:
I really wished that Xerox management gave greater value over the first graphic interface look on a monitor than they did, before Steve Jobs walking in and walking out with 'others peoples' ideas...

Yeah, and now Apples accuses others of stealing rounded rectangles but fail to innovate iPhone design for the second time around.

I really hope this alerts legislators worldwide about how destructive the current patent and industrial design laws have become.

Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:23 pm 

Just found out that my BlackBerry uses Apple technology with the scrolling interface screen.... It was hit and miss wether the Samsung tablets were all recalled.. This is bloody madness... Screw Apple.. My next computer will be a PC... I saw on the news tonight about the rectangle with rounded corners.. How stupid!!.. I hope Samsung fight it.. and others go with Samsung to fight it too.. If Apple are allowed to dictate all this, then where would the others be.. We will all be totally controlled by Apple in what we use and how we use it....

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm 

You guys will like this series:

http://vimeo.com/36881035#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 am 

:D:D:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uIRBxRlsYR0
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 am 

gkaefer wrote:

:D:cool: Great!

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 pm 

http://www.dimitech.eu/news.php?readmore=49311 Do you like the new iPhone 5?

Last edited by uliandim on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 pm 

sooo funny .. :lol::lol::lol::lol: but the sad thing is.. Its probably true.. :rolleyes:

Destiny

gkaefer wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm 

The sad thing is... This is old news since Samsung may not be allowed to sell its new Galaxy S III smartphone.. I guess either they pay Apple heaps to use their technology or they will have to recall all new phones.. It was hit or miss wether the current phones people owed were recalled so who knows what will happen.. I am sure Apple would not want Samsung to sell 10 million phones using Apples technologies with payment to them... If I were Samsung I would create a think tank to develop new ideas and patenting everything they can from triangular or hexagonal corners to 3D lazar hologram technologies..

Destiny..

uliandim wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 am 

Destiny wrote:
If I were Samsung I would create a think tank to develop new ideas and patenting everything they can from triangular or hexagonal corners to 3D lazar hologram technologies..

Apple think tank newest idea: :P
Quote:
Hey let's patent "rectangular" and "physical object"!

I hope nobody will patent any "alphabetic character"...

Things are getting strange..

Last edited by Zurich.Gigapixel on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 am 

Funny how Apple has now become 'The Man'!

I'll just point out a few things, before ducking! None of these mean I approve of the current patent system, or all the directions Apple is now taking, because I don't, but I find the current black/white view on Apple intriguing.

1. Many companies cross license patents. Many patents sit in a common pool so that anyone can use/license them, some of the licensing is through legal structures, some is through gentleman's agreements within industries. Many companies take patents for whatever they can get. Many companies exist just to buy patents and sue when they are infringed, no matter how obvious the patent. Apple is not the only one with 'obvious' patents.
2. Have a look at the Microsoft Surface if you think Apple has killed innovation. There is plenty room to innovate, or to license innovation. The Surface range look amazing, with great hardware functionality. Have a read up on the direction Microsoft is taking the Surface. Many tech pundits are suggesting that Microsoft is saying to the tech manufacturers that they have had their chance and always just head straight for the bottom ie make it cheap and lacking in innovation.
3. Adobe has said they will support Flash for another 5-10years.
4. There has been talk for many years that the patent system is broken, it has now come into the view of the general public with Samsung/Apple.
5. It was my understanding that Apple licensed the tech/designs from Xerox.

I also find it intriguing to find some of these views here amongst creatives. As far as I can see, Apple was protecting it's creative property. If I was to go to the website of anybody here and copy their code/images and re-use it how would you feel? Why is it different for Apple? What interested me about the judgement was that the jury seemed to decide within 'the spirit of the law' rather than the 'letter of the law' ie they said "Samsung copied, bad Samsung!" rather than getting bogged down in the details of patents and side arguments of innovation restriction.

Personally I would like to see Flash dead. I don't think the technology per-se is bad and I appreciate a lot of people make their living from it, but it is repeatedly a serious security issue, it does use a lot of power which matters for mobile devices (and possibly matters in the broader problem of reducing our energy usage), and it is a proprietary standard. So yes, I would prefer HTML5 which is an open standard and whilst it has had one of two security issues so far, will hopefully be a lot more robust in the longer term. Apart from security issues, the main thing that bothers me at this point is that I have to make a lot of my panoramic content in two formats. This isn't a problem when using Kolor as it automates the production of code, but is a pain if doing anything more custom. With Kolor Eyes supporting HTML5 personally I will soon be looking for Flash free production. And I'm sure in 5 or 10 years (or less) I will be having to learn something else new.

The YouTube video was hilarious, but I wonder what we are laughing at, is it Apple customers, or society in it's current mode of operation? Are we any different, getting so heated in our discussions about a freakin OS for goodness sake?

These are obviously contentious issues and it is great that people are asking questions about the fallout from this case. And there are certainly a lot of questions to ask.

Just my opinions. If you disagree or this doesn't fit your worldview/context that is fine. It's great to discuss. Peace!

www: www.moosooboo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 am 

Apple iPad does not stand alone. Have you heard of the Kindle Fire? Sure its small and only geared towards entertainment but isn't this what most iPad owners pay $500+ for anyway. The Kindle Fire has captured 22% of the market share in less than a year and thats only with an insignificant 7inch screen. Apple may have won the battle in this law suit but the war continues. They may have an extra billion $ but what does this win signal to market regulators who, you know, are always looking for an easy buck, remember Microsoft's anti-trust lawsuits which spanned the globe. It pure text book monopolist like behavior and if you studied business/economics you know what legal barriers to entry are. Protectionism is a sign of fear, and fear leads to poor judgement. We only need to remember that market's are dynamic and try as they may Apple will not be able stay on the pedestal forever. No one ever has and no one ever will.

I must add that the video is extremely humorous but is that really depiction of iPhone users or as MikeMcFarlane above points, just an illustration of our society today?

Last edited by panoramicessentials.com on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:28 am 

Hi.... Yes I have seen the Kindle Fire, but I have also read a few weeks ago that they too have used Apple technology so they may now face restrictions on their next gen units... As far as I am concerned, Apple should not have played the big brother ownership card since its healthy for them too to have a healthy competitive market. The world needs competition.... I have nothing against Apple, since I love my Mac, I have never regretted buying it but now I have to consider my choices when I upgraded.. Others may well feel the same so Apples attitude may well loose them market share in other technologies... I own an iPod too, but I am not really impressed with the design of the case.. It feels unfinished and some of its features... The only reason why I bought it was due to the fact that I got a big discount when I bought my Mac.. Given the choice again, I would probably have gone for a Kindle Fire type of unit..

Also remember that Apple are getting rich by paying a bowl of rice equivalent money to the poor workers of our world..... Thats nothing to be proud of....

Destiny..

Last edited by Destiny on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm 

ha....

swiss boulevard "blick" posted an article: the clock used by apples IOS6 is 100% copied (without permission) from SBB's trainstation clock (protected by patent and label rights by swiss railroad company since 1944)

http://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/apple-klaut-bahnhofs-uhr-der-sbb-id2040821.html

the guy @ apple who proposed this sujet I think will now get some restless meetings to survive...

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am 

Hey... I have just been watching the News on TV.. It appears there are heaps of very unhappy angry people who have bought the new Apple iPhone.. They are calling it the Apple iPone LEMON!!! The iLemon.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apparently there are heaps of issues with it and those issues are flooding facebook.. I think this is called "The Law of Karma: What Comes Around Goes Around.."

So, since this will probably hit the search engines.. Lets bleed this for all its worth.. :D

"The new Apple iPone will be renamed the 'Apple iLemon Phone".. :D:D:D:P:P My little old Samsung mobile phone might not have all the bells and whistles, but at least it last a few days on a single charge.. On the other hand, the Apple iLemon Phone last just a few hours. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really believe in Karma.. Yes Samsung, its time to send Destiny a new Samsung Pad.. :D:cool:

Destiny..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:08 am 

Good one Georg.. Not really surprising..

I had a friend tell me that there are people researching all of the technology Apple use to find out if any of it holds patents ownership to others.. Apparently there is a lot of money in this so they spend a lot of time researching.. I think Apple have opened up a can of worms for themselves...

Destiny...

gkaefer wrote:
ha....

swiss boulevard "blick" posted an article: the clock used by apples IOS6 is 100% copied (without permission) from SBB's trainstation clock (protected by patent and label rights by swiss railroad company since 1944)

http://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/apple-klaut-bahnhofs-uhr-der-sbb-id2040821.html

the guy @ apple who proposed this sujet I think will now get some restless meetings to survive...

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 am 

Destiny wrote:
On the other hand, the Apple iLemon Phone last just a few hours. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nonsense - as i can state by own experiences since nearly a week now. During this week it needed to be charged exactly twice - though it got configured and all functions tested intensively.

People tell a lot of bullshit on the web :cool:

I guess, if you would own one it would be the greatest phone on earth ever built . . :D

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:39 am 

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/video/watch/f25e8e35-a3a3-3329-b808-ccd4eaaba352/iphone-5-problems/today_tonight/

Destiny..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 am 

Hi.. I was in The Goodguys, Electrical Store today, where they had a big sale on.. There were heaps of the speakers sets where an iPhone drops in, but oopss.. no good as one young guy pointed out.. Apparently the new adaptor will not be available for quite some time.. I do not get it.. The change of features with Apples iPhone is really silly... The Goodguys Store manager tells me that they refuse to have anything to do with Apple.. Its just that their speaker sets require the iPhone to work but they are not made by Apple... Perhaps from now on, manufactures of these speakers will make provisions to change the adaptor easily. Have one end as theirs, and the other end what ever Apple come up with.. Im sure there are iPad adaptors too that sit on a speaker set, but not sure.. perhaps Apple will change that too..

Destiny..

Last edited by Destiny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:40 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Hi.. I was in The Goodguys, Electrical Store today, where they had a big sale on.. There were heaps of the speakers sets where an iPhone drops in, but oopss.. no good as one young guy pointed out.. Apparently the new adaptor will not be available for quite some time.. I do not get it.. The change of features with Apples iPhone is really silly... The Goodguys Store manager tells me that they refuse to have anything to do with Apple.. Its just that their speaker sets require the iPhone to work but they are not made by Apple... Perhaps from now on, manufactures of these speakers will make provisions to change the adaptor easily. Have one end as theirs, and the other end what ever Apple come up with.. Im sure there are iPad adaptors too that sit on a speaker set, but not sure.. perhaps Apple will change that too..

Destiny..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57514074-37/lightning-to-30-pin-adapters-for-iphone-5-land-on-amazon-ebay/

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 pm 

How sad that anyone owning an iPad/iPhone speaker set has to allow their rather expensive outlay to lay down, rather than let it sit up proud as it was designed to.... Apple should have come up with something better than that.. If an iPad were to be connect with such a short cable, it would have to lay down in front of the speaker set... Very awkward if your speaker system is sitting forward ... Apple in my view have failed it customers terribly with this change.. They should at the very least offer a free cable to anyone who owns the older connection since they supported Apple in the first place. Apple need to be really careful of becoming too complacent with its arrogance and greed... They only have to turn out one real iLemon and we will watch the the Apple go rotten..

Destiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 pm 

Destiny wrote:
If an iPad were to be connect with such a short cable, it would have to lay down in front of the speaker set...

There is an adapter without cable already available. Changing the connector makes sense after about 10 years i guess . . . advanced features need it.
I´m sure Apple told their long-time manufacturers in time about the change. They couldn´t tell everybody.

Klaus

Besides: nobody forces you to buy an Apple product.

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 am 

gkaefer wrote:

horror ... let´s have a small glimpse into future ... tomorrow all mayour camera manufacturers, lomo, canon, nikon, sony, hasselblad, will get lawsuited by apple for stealing their unique design

greetings from germany
chris

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am 

:D..:lol:

Destiny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am 

Thank God for that, ehh I mean Steve :lol:

klausesser wrote:
Destiny wrote:
If an iPad were to be connect with such a short cable, it would have to lay down in front of the speaker set...

There is an adapter without cable already available. Changing the connector makes sense after about 10 years i guess . . . advanced features need it.
I´m sure Apple told their long-time manufacturers in time about the change. They couldn´t tell everybody.

Klaus

Besides: nobody forces you to buy an Apple product.