Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 pm 

Josef finished the speed-mode:
3 speeds
Works fine, absolutely precise but as i always stated: even using a FE or 20mm/35mm lens you need 1/500 minimum to get sharp images. Using f8 - which definitely is prefeable in terms of DOF and the optical performance of most lenses - that means to need plenty of light around. Ok - but it´s done now :rolleyes::cool:

We can choose now to start at the top or bottom - relevant in terms of the szene you´re shooting.

More information about releasing the head after Josef´s return from his vacation three weeks ahead.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 am 

Klaus,

has josef set up a website for this yet? and with this head, do you still need a Promote for HDR? (i am sure it was covered before)... and is the promote still the thing to have for bracketing etc....?

Hope you are well

Henrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 pm 

tived wrote:
Klaus,

has josef set up a website for this yet? and with this head, do you still need a Promote for HDR? (i am sure it was covered before)... and is the promote still the thing to have for bracketing etc....?

Hope you are well

Henrik

Hey Henrik!

Yes - for extended Bracketing on 5D2 - up to 41 steps afaik - you need the Promote because the camera only can do 3 steps.
BUT: using the MagicLantern "Hack" (which in real isn´t a hack but resides on the memory card and can be ignored) the 5D2 can do
up to 9 steps bracketing, some automated focusstracking and some more delightful things. And it´s free.

The controller controls the head and fires the camera. It doesn´t override the internal camera-firmware. If the camera can do 5, 7 or 9 steps, the controller can use them. You set the stepping in the camera and the controller triggers them.
It can write the XML in a way of registering ONE trigger per location - whilst the camera fires 9 times and you process them to ONE HDR-tonemapped finally.
Or it can register each release seperately per location - so it tells APG to place 9 images per location.

best, Klaus

P.S.: Josef´s site should be launched yet - he´still on vacation so maybe they wait untill he´s back.

Last edited by klausesser on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:26 pm 

Thanks Klaus,

much appreciated, just wasn't sure if the Promote had become redundant or was still the tool to get for multi bracketing.

Still tossing and turning over what head to get, and in between I have injured my back and I am now limited to carry very little weight... so maybe this is a closed chapter for me :-(
fingers crossed

thanks

Henrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:17 am 

Morning Klaus, any news from Josef on the availability of the panoneed and his website?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
Sounds interresting......since you are based in Düsseldorf well, support is easy......btw, if it were to use my GF1 it would need to do a bulb shot and wait for the camera to finish (it takes anything from 30 seconds to 8 minutes ! to shoot a single 7 shot bracket (when I shoot a 60 second exposure processing takes another 60 seconds, shooting RAW mind you, don't ask me why and I have to wait for the uploading proces to the card as well)....now I'm a patient guy but is the Panoneed as patient as I am? I now use a little Hà¤hnel remote which locks the camera at bulb.....and then we wait....and wait....and count, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7........done......unlock, move camera, wait till it signals ready for operation....and repeat the proces....shooting in a dark cellar space with only a few safety light as illumination.....8 (eight) minutes for a single shot.....so in order to be not a part of the picture I used a 5 meter lead.....walk up to the camera.....arange the lead so it is not in the picture, walk away, click....well in such cercomstances a Panoneed could be of help......just start the thing walk away for 60 minutes and collect the data afterwards.....but a seven shot interval won't help since I have no idea how much time the camera is gonna take between the seperate shots....that is sort of depending on many factors......but well 8 minutes is sort of the worst case scenario.

Greets, Ed.

You can set the controller to wait 99 sec. before it moves the head on. You can set the controller to release the camera up to 99 times and wait 99sec each time.

I just phoned to Josef: he will install a wait-time expanding the 99sec to some minutes per shot. So you can do 99 shots per position and you can set the wait-time
for each shot to x minutes (we´ll see how much) before the head moves to the next position.

I never needed to have more than 99 sec. wait time before the next move - but using PromoteControl or MagicLantern for exessive bracketing shooting 12 or 21 steps per position definitely will need more than 99 sec before the next move when you shoot in the late afternoon or in the evening/night.

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:44 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
See, feedback like that....small companies can do that....big once have managers :), I would need one shot (bulb) the autobracketing of the Panasonic takes over (releasing 7 shots at 2/3 EV interval or 1 EV interval (maybe more) if I buy the GH3). Now the GH3 will be a tad quicker on it's hoofs....but not as fast as a DSLR I think.

Greets, Ed.

If the camera can do it´s bracketed sequence in 99 sec there´s no problem at all. If it doesn´t there should be a way to trigger each shot of the sequence serately. This way you can have 99sec PER SHOT.

I don´t know the camera - in my 5D2 i can choose to have the bracketed sequence shot as a burst of three or as seperately triggered shots. Selecting seperate shots there will be no problem - each shot can have 99sec exposure-time.
If i choose burst (one push triggers all shots of the sequence) the sequence must be finished in 99sec.

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 pm 

Hi Klaus,

I just found this thread about Joseph's Panoneed head. I saw your videos also. I can understand your reservations about the Skywatcher Allview head because Joseph's design is a lot better. Would Joseph make me a Panoneed head like yours for about 400 Euro including tripod and controller :)

My guess is that because of low production runs and hand assembly, it will cost at least three times as much as the AllView won't it? My guess is he wont be able to offer them at less than 1200 Euros ...

Thanks,
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 pm 

calculate with >1800,-€ without touchcontroller and without tripod
panoneed: http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14256-now-finally

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
calculate with >1800,-€ without touchcontroller and without tripod
panoneed: http://www.kolor.com/forum/t14256-now-finally

Georg

Yes - it´s around 2000.-€ including the controller, rail, 4 accus and cables. Ready to shoot.

I mean the Merlin is a real alternative at a low price-level and of course also lower level of features and performance.
But you can work with it and there´s a big group of experienced users here - don´t know how it´s related to the AllView.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm 

Hi Klaus,

Where can I get more info on panoneed like contact email or other facts. I am quite interested in it.

Thanks
Wilco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm 

wilco wrote:
Hi Klaus,

Where can I get more info on panoneed like contact email or other facts. I am quite interested in it.

Thanks
Wilco

Hey Wilco!

It´s in design status - coming soon :-)

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm 

Thanks for the reply Klaus, It would be great, if it can buy only horizontal and vertical arm like rodeon, I want to use other arca clamp and rails.
Please keep me in the update loop.

Rgds,
Wilco

Last edited by wilco on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.