Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Now - finally:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:00 pm 

. . Josef´s head is ready to sell.

Here a little preview from the manual/description (couldn´t wait to show it - though it´s only a raw cut :cool: ):

www.klausesser.de/Head.mp4 smaller streaming version, loads faster
http://youtu.be/KijVNMo0J0k

That´s Josef in the movie ;) We´re working on a PDF which contains all information and precise descriptions.

best, Klaus

P. S.: Josef´s assembling the first 10 devices right now (i´ll get No.: 001 :cool:)

Some Pictures:

Last edited by klausesser on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am 

Interesting ;-)

Henrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:45 am 

What lens does Josef have on this camera.. ??

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 pm 

One issue I can see is when the diameter of the lens barrel is greater than the dimension from the base of the camera to the centre of the lens mount. This can occur with smaller DSLR bodies.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:39 pm 

klausesser wrote:
. . Josef´s head is ready to sell.

Here a little preview from the manual/description (couldn´t wait to show it - though it´s only a raw cut :cool: ):

www.klausesser.de/Head2.mp4 smaller streaming version, loads faster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_wiH9wjw7M&context=C3c75c58ADOEgsToPDskK87XmqBsqN-jfm9dlByPS3

That´s Josef in the movie ;) We´re working on a PDF which contains all information and precise descriptions.

It looks very impressive.

Is there a definitive price now?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 pm 

Destiny wrote:
What lens does Josef have on this camera.. ??

Destiny...

Don´t know - was just for the presentation . . i needed my 5D2 for doing the shots and the movies.
Josef forgot the longer rail at home. So it´s not adjustetd correctly.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:50 pm 

mediavets wrote:

Yes: 2000.-€ +VAT

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 pm 

mediavets wrote:
One issue I can see is when the diameter of the lens barrel is greater than the dimension from the base of the camera to the centre of the lens mount. This can occur with smaller DSLR bodies.

There are different types of rails - so you can adapt each kind of camera/lens combination in portrait-mode as well as in landscape mode.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm 

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:

best, Klaus

And does that include mounting rails for both portrait and landscape orientation?

Does it also include the touch screen controller?

And batteries and charger?

Is VAT 20% in Germany?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm 

We´re just doing some detailed description. You can shoot a full-sphere in about 40sec. using a fisheye on fullframe.
You can set the torque between 1 Nm and 4 Nm for using very heavy devices. Josef met a good point in combining
speed and precision. Precison is very high - you can shoot several spheres after each other and combine them: they match precisely.

I sometimes shoot 3 or 5 spheres from the same point of view to combine them for HDR or for focus-stacking.
The several spheres have exactly the same coordinates.

Shooting hires spheres of 700mpx using a 35mm takes about 3,5min, shooting a hires sphere of 3,5GPx takes about 6,5min.

There are sensors in the head which detect any kind of shaking - and will only release the camera when shaking is gone completely.
This way you unlikely will have bluriness by shakings. You can deactivate it nevertheless.

The accus allow about 300 -5000 shots and moves with one charge.

The head weighs about 4,5Kg and can be collapsed for transport by loosing one screw.

The controller can have a cable of about 20m or 5cm. But there maybe a BT module also.

This device is VERY rigid, fast and reliable. And it´s VERY easy to handle - usually it takes 5 touches on the conroller to get it do what you want.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm 

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:

best, Klaus

And does that include mounting rails for both portrait and landscape orientation?

Does it also include the touch screen controller?

And batteries and charger?

Is VAT 20% in Germany?

The L-bracket is extra. It´s very elaborated - costs 190.-€ +VAT
I don´t need it - not even for my 300mm Nikon lens, which i mount in portrait-mode.

You can choose a type of rail which is included.
Batteries and charger are included.
Controller is included.

Monday we´ll do another video with another camera and a 300mm lens.
We also show how fast and easy the head can be mounted on the tripod.
There´s one screw to fix it on the tripod-colum´s plate and a second screw to rotate it
to any position for starting from a selected point.

best, KLaus

regarding a torque of 4Nm vertically you can mount a long lens very much slid back on a long rail for matching the NPP even with this long lens.
(IF you need to match the NPP here).

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm 

Nice, a few question..
Weight limit ?
External power supply ?
Does it record X/Y coordinates for use like Papywixard for Autopano Giga ?

Regards

Nikon D2x, 7000. Glass: 10.5 fe, 14mm asph, 20 , 50, 105, 24-120, 70-200
Panogear, BT dongel , Nokia n800 , PC's on W7 ..... now that I look at this, everything but time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:02 pm 

caretaker360 wrote:
Nice, a few question..
Weight limit ?
External power supply ?
Does it record X/Y coordinates for use like Papywixard for Autopano Giga ?

Regards

Hi!

Load about 7-8Kg.
Internal - interchangable - accus for about 3000-5000 moves/shots.
External power can be used with an adapter.
Yes - it writes xml in extended PapyWizard mode for the use in APG.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 am 

Having just purchased both a Gigapan Epic Pro and a Kolor Panogear--and not being very happy with either for my D700, 14-24mm, and spherical photos--THIS thing really has my attention! When will it be available and for how much $ US do you think? I already have the touch control panel. I would really love to get my Really Right Stuff CB-10 rail on there since it already has my quick release clamp for the L-plate on my D700 and 70-200mm lens collar. This looks great!

Could it also be autoguided for astrophotography work with something like Ursa Minor?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 am 

aaronpriest wrote:
Having just purchased both a Gigapan Epic Pro and a Kolor Panogear--and not being very happy with either for my D700, 14-24mm, and spherical photos--THIS thing really has my attention! When will it be available and for how much $ US do you think? I already have the touch control panel. I would really love to get my Really Right Stuff CB-10 rail on there since it already has my quick release clamp for the L-plate on my D700 and 70-200mm lens collar. This looks great!

Could it also be autoguided for astrophotography work with something like Ursa Minor?

Thanks!

Hi Aaron!

I forewarded this message to Josef. Your TC controller just needs another firmware - you´ll get it free per mail - and you can use it for Panoneed.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm 

klausesser wrote:
aaronpriest wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Aaron!

I forewarded this message to Josef. Your TC controller just needs another firmware - you´ll get it free per mail - and you can use it for Panoneed.

best, Klaus

;-) addition (date of information dez2011 from Josef): but after change of the firmware the TC controller is no longer usable for the merlin/panogear
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
klausesser wrote:
aaronpriest wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Aaron!

best, Klaus

;-) addition (date of information dez2011 from Josef): but after change of the firmware the TC controller is no longer usable for the merlin/panogear
Georg

Hi Georg!

Yep - in theory you can change the firmware back to the previous state i think . . . but for what reason . . ;):cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 am 

Any speed mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm 

Brines wrote:
Any speed mode?

Regarding you need (!) extremey short exposure-times (around 1/1000) for using a speed mode without motion-blur and the fact that
bracketing is logically impossible in speed-mode i doubt that this is more than a marketing-feature . . :cool:
Ok if you do quick-and-dirty shootings in very (!) bright locations or using very (!) high ISOs.

You see: a motorized, programmable head is nothing you really need for usual spheres. The sense to use it is with hi-rez spheres and hi-rez mosaics.
Shooting a hi-rez sphere i usually take a 85mm lens. Unless you´re in an extremely bright location like somewhere in the desert or so ;) a speed mode is useless
because you need f8/11/16 using prime-lenses as widest aperture. That means you have to choose an appropriate exposure-time.
Shooting hi-rez spheres using tele-lenses also mean the use of mirror-lock to avoid shaking by the mirror.

You see the valuablility of a speed-mode?

Josef can implement it of course if a client really needs it - we discussed that. It´s nothing to impress people who know what they do.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:53 am 

aaronpriest wrote:

Thanks!

If I may, in what you don't like the Epic Pro and the Panogear respectively?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:35 pm 

marco.lanciani wrote:
If I may, in what you don't like the Epic Pro and the Panogear respectively?

My biggest issue is that neither support my D700 and 14-24mm or 24-70mm at their no-parallax points. The camera hits the mount if I slide it back that far. I also can't center the camera over the tripod column with the Merlin.

The GigaPan Epic Pro works well with my 70-200mm for long distant shots where parallax is not an issue. I swapped out the camera mount plate with one from Really Right Stuff to easier mount my lens collar for good balance instead of mounting the camera body itself. http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=GP-CB&type=0&eq=GPCB-001&desc=GP-CB%3a-GigaPan-Clamp-Bar The GigaPan does not create an XML file for recording camera position however, so stitching plain blue skies is still as difficult as a manual head. It also cannot be programmed for a timelapse sequence where you start at point A and incrementally move to point B.

The Merlin does record an XML file of camera position for featureless stitching and I like the Touch Control Panel option. It also can be programmed for timelapse movements. It is very slow compared to the GigaPan however, but it makes up for it somewhat by moving more efficiently than the GigaPan, especially for spherical panoramas where the poles do not need as many photos per row as the equater. It can also zig zag rows for faster shooting where the GigaPan wants to shoot each row or column sequentially (like reading a book or columns in a magazine). For the price the Merlin is a good bargain, but still too small for my camera and lens combinations.

Josef's head looks like it will fix my specific issues. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:50 pm 

Klaus,

My project requires it.

How much would it cost for him to implement for a user?

When implemented, would the speed mode be faster than that of the Roundshot VR Drive Gen 2?

Thanks,
Devin Brines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 pm 

Brines wrote:
faster than that of the Roundshot VR Drive Gen 2?

Faster? What Camera you have? You need high Shutterspeed and very good Weather and Lens on your Camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 pm 

Brines wrote:
Klaus,

My project requires it.

How much would it cost for him to implement for a user?

When implemented, would the speed mode be faster than that of the Roundshot VR Drive Gen 2?

Thanks,
Devin Brines

Do you need high speed on one (horizontal) axis or on both axes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 pm 

Here is some info about speed:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/p84051-2011-06-05-21-27-57#p84051

Canon 1D Mark IV and 15 mm Fish eye
VR drive 2:
6 second rotation time = 1/1500 shutter speed or faster
10 second rotation time = 1/900 shutter speed or faster
20 second rotation time = 1/450 shutter speed or faster

I made a little test myself and found that a sphere with 10 pics, 5pics in 2 rows, took:
19 sec in speed mode (speed 6 sec X and 8 sec Y = max)
23 sec in quality mode

the difference is smaller the longer the focal length.

leifs

Last edited by leifs on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next