Canon 5D Mark III on March 2nd..  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
gkaefer

Canon 5D Mark III on March 2nd..

by gkaefer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

by Nelike Imagery » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

That camera looks absolutely fantastic! Price is high but dam, i definitely want it. 6 frames per second, good enough for full frame HDR shooting with lots of people around. You shouldn't have post the links, now it's sad i won't have the money to get it for sure! This is perfect camera!

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Nelike Imagery wrote:That camera looks absolutely fantastic! Price is high but dam, i definitely want it. 6 frames per second, good enough for full frame HDR shooting with lots of people around. You shouldn't have post the links, now it's sad i won't have the money to get it for sure! This is perfect camera!

lol - view this site:
http://blog.planet5d.com/2012/03/planet5d-video-summary-of-the-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-hands-on/
and especially take the time to view the second video a little bit down the page...
many features are discussed, explained and differences to mk2

61AF fields, much better autofocus, 2 stops better for ISO and even using 2 stops higher ISO better images, less graining etc...
canon dev. folk spoke that one main issue of mk2 was moire... if you say between 1-10 and 10 most probleatic, the canon guy said
the mk2 was at 8 and the mk3 is now at 2...(xd1 at 1)
the grip and body is sligthly bigger than the mk2, is better for larger fingers...
external headphone plug (video) sound level bars onscreen...
inbuilt wireless radiocontrol for flash connection (ok also not so relevant for panos...)
HDR ... 3 images with automatic detection of movin objects and reshooting in csae...

in sum not the revolution, but indeed it seems an evolution ;-)

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Nelike Imagery

by Nelike Imagery » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am

This really seems to be the camera i have been waiting for. Need to start doing more business so im able to get it someday! But that means i need to rebuy also fisheye lens and maybe lens clamp for panohead. Still worth it!

Return to Hardware