Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Ipad2 white or black ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 pm 

Hi @ all !
i want to take an ipad2 to show my virtual tours , i never had an ipad before so i don't really know which is the best one to show a virtual tour.
on youtube there are some reviews about ipad2 white or black, you can check it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNPIBwzK6g

which one you suggest me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am 

does it really matter if the case is white or black? surely the tour being displayed, your hard work, is more important rather than the Apple product!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:17 pm 

As black is to reflect less light I would go for black so more attention is to what is shown. On the other hand, I have a black ipad 2 and am a bit afraid it is overlooked sometimes and someone will sit on it or damage it otherwise. white will cetainly make it stand out more. Then again, it is all about the content, not the device itself

I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:18 pm 

Aperol wrote:
Hi @ all !
i want to take an ipad2 to show my virtual tours , i never had an ipad before so i don't really know which is the best one to show a virtual tour.
on youtube there are some reviews about ipad2 white or black, you can check it here:

Presentig virtual tours on iPad you definitely face more serious problems than the one of which color your pad is . . . :cool:

First of all check your overall-concept of producing panos/tours. You can´t do all the things you´re used to do for
desktops.

Have a close look at the lots of informations related to this theme on the web.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm 

..Well..:rolleyes: I personally will be going for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 since it can show Flash and it has Bluetooth...:D:D So,just for having these features I couldn't give a rats what colour it was!! :P:P -- No more ugly pinning rings for hotspots, no more restrictions, no more making two versions..

Destiny..:cool:

PS.. http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/feature.html :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aperol wrote:
Hi @ all !

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm 

Destiny wrote:
..Well..:rolleyes: I personally will be going for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 since it can show Flash and it has Bluetooth...:D:D So,just for having these features I couldn't give a rats what colour it was!! :P:P -- No more ugly pinning rings for hotspots, no more restrictions, no more making two versions..

PS.. http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/feature.html :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aperol wrote:
Hi @ all !

.... stop....
read first:
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=34972&highlight=samsung#post34972
... if you wanna do panos on tablets...

Georg

PS: and in Android 4.0 flash will be no longer supported by adobe... so concentration on html5 and javascript solutions will take place
Flash 11.1.112.60 will be the last flash for android 4 (released Dec2011)...

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 am 

gkaefer wrote:
PS: and in Android 4.0 flash will be no longer supported by adobe... so concentration on html5 and javascript solutions will take place

Right - besides: html5 and Java run fine on iPads. We tested some iPad competitors: no one was really impressing. Flash didn´t run really well
on them.
So we stay with iPad - it´s the most elegant and definitely the best working device for us.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am 

Oh MANNNN!!.. So disapointing Georg.. Thank you for pointing this out.. My goodnes.. what a pain... I was getting all exciting about buying one.. Well, one thing is for sure.. I will not be buying an iPad... I have a friend who contacts me from time to time.. Way up in Adobe... She said that there may well be a iPad version of flash.. but she will not tell me too much.. Never really certain about some of the things I get told.. Take it on board is about all.. To be honest, I can see it happening.. It will be a real boost to iPad I feel.. and they really need to get a hold on Bluetooth.. Its really handy.. I have a crapy little mobile phone with BT and swf.. so go figure..

Anyway.. Thanks heaps Georg for the heads-up.. :D:D

Destiny..

gkaefer wrote:
Destiny wrote:

Aperol wrote:
Hi @ all !

.... stop....
read first:
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=34972&highlight=samsung#post34972
... if you wanna do panos on tablets...

Georg

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 pm 

I don't get it Georg.. This statement about Android 4 was made Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 11:22am.. but yet here it is...

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-4.0-highlights.html

... so I am confused... How come the New Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab doesn't use the new Android 4 ????

Destiny...

Last edited by Destiny on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Confirms-Android-4-0-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-for-Galaxy-Tab-10-1.64675.0.html

Now even more confused...

Destiny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm 

Destiny wrote:
I don't get it Georg.. This statement about Android 4 was made Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 11:22am.. but yet here it is...

... so I am confused... How come the New Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab doesn't use the new Android 4 ????

Destiny...

If even the krpano developer is not able to install android 4, and only with a lot of effort android 3.2 because the samsung tablet which was sold to him has android 3.1 installed.... than "normal" human beings will have more troubles to get it running...

... and even if you have android 4.0 on your tablet (which ever company) there will be no more development for flash from adobe. They stopped adobe support for mobile devices at all. So even if you have a samsung tablet with android 4 with flash support (which does exist currently) in 6 months when tablets will be sold with android 4.1 there will be no more flash. that development seems to be dead. So why today developing tours for such devices which will be no longer reachable in 6 months...

This I think is a real big disadvantage of the tablets in general. You buy one and you get one operating system, the operating system gets updated in 3-6 months cycles but you cant update the tablet because of no longer support, you have to buy a new one(same with smartphone, my sony ericcson xperia x10 is stuck on android 3.2 thats it I've to buy a new mobile phone if I wanna use a more recent android)

and more worse the tablet with UMTS modul are often locked by the mobile phone comany. even if an operating system update for your device is available, you cant update them because your mobile company does use a branded version of the operating system and does not offer an updated version of the operating system)

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm 

oh.. Craps!!.... Bloody Adobe!!!! That just doesn't make sense at all... !! I wonder why they have decided on that gem of stupidity... :mad:

Thank you for explaining Georg...

Destiny...

gkaefer wrote:
Destiny wrote:

Destiny...

If even the krpano developer is not able to install android 4, and only with a lot of effort android 3.2 because the samsung tablet which was sold to hin has android 3.1 installed.... than "normal" human beings will have more troubbles to get it running...

... and even if you have android 4.0 on your tablet (which ever company) there will be no more development for flash from adobe. They stopped adobe support for mobile devices at all. So even if you have an samsung tablet with android 4 with flash support (which does exist) in 6 months when tablets will be sold with android 4.1 there will be no more flash. that development seems to be dead.

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
This I think is a real big disadvantage of the tablets in general. You buy one and you get one operating system, the operating system gets updated in 3-6 months cycles but you cant update the tablet because of no longer support, you have to buy a new one(same with smartphone, my sony ericcson xperia x10 is stuck on android 3.2 thats it I've to buy a new mobile phone if I wanna use a more recent android)

That´s one of the reasons we´ll stick at iPads: same company providing the hardware and the OS. That´s much more consistent than having dozens of hardware- and OS-makers.
The Flash-problem on iPads is of yesterday . . . :cool:

best,Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm 

Destiny wrote:
.. and they really need to get a hold on Bluetooth.. Its really handy.. I have a crapy little mobile phone with BT and swf.. so go figure..

Destiny - why do you think iPads don´t have Bluetooth? They have!

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm 

Well there you go... I was told by someone with one that it didn't.. Well, all its needs now is swf so we can all see things like... eem greens spots and we will all be happy... :lol::lol::lol:

Destiny...

klausesser wrote:
Destiny wrote:
.. and they really need to get a hold on Bluetooth.. Its really handy.. I have a crapy little mobile phone with BT and swf.. so go figure..

Destiny - why do you think iPads don´t have Bluetooth? They have!

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:16 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Well, all its needs now is swf so we can all see things like...

Really?

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:07 am 

Well,, i have just been to check out my girlfriends iPad.. Oh man... Its true, it has bluetooth, she just did not know how it worked.. She told me it didn't so I just accepted it.. She only has iPad1 but its still a great thing... but to be honest, I really like the Samsung but if there are going to be software issues... The only reason for me buying a Tab or Pad is to have the option to view swf.. I really think there needs to be more options in this... We are all at the fait of Adobe.. and that includes hardware manufactures... They are probably a bit over the swf issues.. I also read that Android 4 is full of security holes.. Its a lot of money to part with and not know what the future holds for software updates and support...

Destiny.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:59 am 

one sidenote...

in december I decided to get closer in contact in android app programming. and for beginners nothing more easy than to choose app inventor, some sort of GUI where no programming language is used, just logical elements are connected like puzzles. The Gui is not a standalone program its an application in the cloud, offered by google...

... ok I did buy three well placed books from amazon.
and did start reading them...
end of december I realized, that google closed this Cloud and did stop the app inventor..

well, its said that it will be up again during Q1/2012 when the server have migrated to MIT...

but I think it tells a lot ...

(... and I additionally bought meanwhile Stefan Kochs Javascript book to get closer in contact...)
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
but I think it tells a lot ...

Yes - this market definitely is confuse.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Its a lot of money to part with and not know what the future holds for software updates and support...

Yes - and the device of which the future is out of question is the iPad. Even the iPad1 still is absolutely useful - and will be for some years.
Rumors tell that an iPad3 is expected in March - with a retina-display of about 2.048 x 1.536px and quad-core processor.

This will be a killer :cool: !

Honestly: Apple provides the most relieable investment in hard- and software. Nobody (!) is able to build a very fine device of very good functionality
at very low costs. So the gadget´s prices have their good reasons.

The most vital point in my eyes is reliable continuity in developement instead of flip-flopping new items every week and a universe of incompatible hard-/software - each THE "new iPad-killer" . . . :lol::cool::lol:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am 

emm... it might be worth waiting .. I think it's going to be an interesting year with Tabs, Pads or what ever they come out with....

http://ipad3newsblog.com/tag/ipad-3-rumors/

But.. as you say.. Nothing beats Apple.. There is no way I would ever go back to using Windows as main OS.. I use Bootcamp only since some of the apps I use only have Windows ...

Destiny..