Sorry for the delay.
- the main thing You need is GOTO hand controller
- and RS232 - USB prolific 2303 adapter
- You need install stellarium scope http://www.bytearts.com/stellarium/
- and ASCOM platform http://ascom-standards.org/
- and ASCOM driver Celestron Unified (5.0.23) from http://ascom-standards.org/Downloads/ScopeDrivers.htm
- when You install and start merlin - need to star aligning by hand controller
- You can connect rs232 - usb adapter to pc (via hand controller)
- run stellarium scope
- and "Select mount" -> Celestron Scope Driver
- go to Properties and select Scope Type "NexStar 5i) and Serial Port; track mode AltAz
- Settings for "scope" and "site"? -I am not sure is it necessary. I set just "site"
- when set and accepted -> back to stellarium scope window -> select Update Stellarium Configuration (only first time)
- select Connect -> if all is correct mount will connected
- Start Stellarium from Stellarium Scope
- and it should be all. I wrote it as I remember (I need buy new rs232-usb adapter). Check stellarium short code to track object.
You can also control merlin via ASCOM in Skychart/Carte du siel http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/download