Anyone using the Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
HansKeesom

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Anyone using the Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC

by HansKeesom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,

At the moment I am using the 8 mm for fast taking of panoramas. But there times that the fisheye effect is working contraproductive. So I would like to have another lens that is not fisheye, justfor these few times.
I could go for a canon 10-20 mm but this Samyang, though like the 8 mm it has manual focus, seems to be a great lens for just pano that I like to do non-fisheye

Anyone having experiences with this lens combined with making pano s?

regards,

Hans
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Topic author
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Last edited by HansKeesom on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
hermer-blr

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by hermer-blr » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:47 pm

No experience of the Samyang. I can only say that I am very happy with my sigma 10-20 (APS-C), that I also use with great pleasure for standard photography.

The only drawback of the Sigma is that Nikon Capture nx2 does not have it in its library (eg for lens distortion correction). For this reason, I would today rather buy a Nikkor lens instead. The Sigma, also, does not like back light images (probably the Nikkor would not appreciate that either), that results in horrible green spots on the picture.

Do you know that there also exists a Tokina that is both Fisheye and zoom? But, I have no idea about the performance of this lens.
Nikon D5100 (formerly Nikon D60) - Sigma 10-20 - 24 shots Panoramas in 3 raws
Windows 32 bits - APG
website htt://jmh.trp.free.fr

no avatar
HansKeesom

Topic author
Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 am

Hi, not a bad suggestion. It is costing more but being able to work at 10 mm and 20 mm without changing lens is something worthwhile too. And it has autofocus. Downside is it will not function on a fullframe, which limits it towards the future.
The tokina is a fisheye and I want to step away from fisheye. The 8 mm I have is a fisheye and that is fine in general but not good enough in all situations.
Regards, Hans Keesom