Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4762
Location: Australia
Hi Ponie and fx..

With all the advice I have had about lenses I would't be surprise that its the new AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G FX-format prime lens... I think I am right, but also it might be the 50mm 1.4. This link actually shows the 1.4 mounted on the D4.. I have been told that this the lens I need since I am doing the same as you are going.. http://www.macworld.com/article/164633/2012/01/nikons_new_d4_flagship_dslr_designed_for_enhanced_low_light_shooting.html

I have been reading about it.. very nice.. and not too expensive.. I was hoping you would nave sent me some nice photos using your D4.... Since the Aus $ is so good it's getting cheaper... :)

Destiny..

_________________
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)


Last edited by Destiny on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:36 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Special fx wrote:
We try to make full sphere VR movie.

Talking of "full sphere VR movie": what do you mean?

Spherical VR-movies (!) are done using an array of 8 or more movie-cameras equipped with fisheyes
to cover a sphere when taking a movie. The result is a movie (!) where you can turn around in while it runs:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/alberta-wildfires/slavelake/index.html

Is that, what you mean?

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Special fx wrote:
Good mornings

We need information. Which Prime lens good to use with Nikon D4 and VR Drive II please. We try to make full sphere VR movie.

Thank you so much

Ponie and fx

Sorry - but i´m a bit confused about the kind of your questions. In your footnote you mention you work with "Nikon D4 - VR Drive II - Pro prime lens collection".

And then you ask funny questions about "which prime lens is good . . . . " and so on . . . ;):cool:

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Destiny wrote:
With all the advice I have had about lenses I would't be surprise that its the new AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G FX-format prime lens... I think I am right, but also it might be the 50mm 1.4. This link actually shows the 1.4 mounted on the D4.. I have been told that this the lens I need since I am doing the same as you are going.. http://www.macworld.com/article/164633/2012/01/nikons_new_d4_flagship_dslr_designed_for_enhanced_low_light_shooting.html

I have been reading about it.. very nice.. and not too expensive.. I was hoping you would nave sent me some nice photos using your D4.... Since the Aus $ is so good it's getting cheaper... :)

Destiny - the main question is: what kind of VR?

1) Indoor? Interiors? If so: which resolution is needed? a) Usual 10000px width? b) HigherRez 35000px? c) HighRez around 80000px?
2) Outdoor? d) Near-field like a hotel-terrace? e) mid-field like a marketplace? Or f) landscape with far-away objects?

for a) a fisheye is definitely preferable. With Nikon it´s the 16mm. For b) a 35mm is optimal. For c) i´d sugest a 85mm - but take care of DOF very critical.
For d) i´d suggest 16 or 35mm, for e) it might be 16 or 50mm, for f) i suggest 105 to 300mm or more - depends on what you´d like to achieve.

You see: it´s not that simple. First hand you have to know what´s the aim before giving advices.

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:26 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Special fx wrote:
We just need to know which lens to make full panoramic sphere.

I read that. But: which kind of full panoramic sphere are you talking about? Please read my answer to Destiny!

Usually full spheres are done using fisheyes. Few shots, but high resolution with a fullframe camera. Resolution is about 70-120MPx.
If you want higher resolution take a 35mm lens - this one gives you about 700mpx with a fullframe making about 47 shots.
You also can take a full-sphere using an 85mm - that means 223 shots giving you about 4gigapixels.

You see: it´s impossible to give a simple but correct answer on an unprecise question. It always depends on what you want or have to achive.

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am
Posts: 76
Hi, I am pretty new on this and i am going to switzerland on mondya to try out the vR ROUNDSHOT (quality mode) with my nikon D90. I would like to buy a new lens as well though (14-24 as I am going to buy a D800 in the next 6 to 12 months.)

I was wondering if anyone got this setup to show me the kind of result i could get ? (for a virtual tour)
And how big are my images going to be (i mean the swf file) if there are let say 4 rooms (360x180°) ?
I don't want it to be too long to load and i want a really good and sharp quality. If anyone got any advices i would be pleased to hear them.

Have a good one :)

_________________
http://www.vip-sutdio360.fr
http://www.vip-luxury360.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:50 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
charal3 wrote:
And how big are my images going to be (i mean the swf file) if there are let say 4 rooms (360x180°) ?
I don't want it to be too long to load and i want a really good and sharp quality. If anyone got any advices i would be pleased to hear them.

This tour is about 12MB: http://www.galerie-schuetze.de/impressionen.html it´s 5000x2500px

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:28 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4762
Location: Australia
Klaus, who made that pano tour...??

Destiny

klausesser wrote:
charal3 wrote:
And how big are my images going to be (i mean the swf file) if there are let say 4 rooms (360x180°) ?
I don't want it to be too long to load and i want a really good and sharp quality. If anyone got any advices i would be pleased to hear them.

This tour is about 12MB: http://www.galerie-schuetze.de/impressionen.html it´s 5000x2500px

best, Klaus

_________________
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am
Posts: 76
klausesser wrote:
charal3 wrote:
And how big are my images going to be (i mean the swf file) if there are let say 4 rooms (360x180°) ?
I don't want it to be too long to load and i want a really good and sharp quality. If anyone got any advices i would be pleased to hear them.

This tour is about 12MB: http://www.galerie-schuetze.de/impressionen.html it´s 5000x2500px

best, Klaus

Thank you for the example I now know a bit more about the size I would like... However what gear was used ?

thanks again

_________________
http://www.vip-sutdio360.fr
http://www.vip-luxury360.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
charal3 wrote:
However what gear was used ?

Some years ago - i used a Canon 20D and a Nikon 20mm then. Manual Manfrotto head. 47 images because of 1.6 crop - on fullframe it would have been 24 . . .

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Destiny wrote:
Klaus, who made that pano tour...??

I did - early 2009. Had to be quick and dirty . . :cool:

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am
Posts: 76
klausesser wrote:
charal3 wrote:
However what gear was used ?

Some years ago - i used a Canon 20D and a Nikon 20mm then. Manual Manfrotto head. 47 images because of 1.6 crop - on fullframe it would have been 24 . . .

best, Klaus

Really nice quality ! so you think i could get the same (or better) result with a D90 and a 10.5 ? no problem with the distortions ?

_________________
http://www.vip-sutdio360.fr
http://www.vip-luxury360.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
charal3 wrote:
Really nice quality ! so you think i could get the same (or better) result with a D90 and a 10.5 ?

Yes. Definitely.

charal3 wrote:
no problem with the distortions ?

You´re still misunderstanding: there ARE NO fisheye-distortions once you stitched your images together to ONE equirectanguar image
and have that one made a pano in PanoTourPro.

Do you see any fisheye-distortions here?: http://www.360impressions.de/TourRheinterrasse.html (Canon 5D2, 15mm fisheye, manual Manfrotto head).

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:56 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4762
Location: Australia
Yes, I can see that.. ;)

Now, in regards to copy-write issues since you seem to know so much on... and i am fairly ignorant off it.. How did you go about being able to show this pano and asking the artist permission to show it since this is obviously going to be an issue for me since you pointed it out, and I am not expecting the copy-write laws to be much different in here in Oz... I realise this is a job of the galleries to resolve with the artist but how do you go about showing a VR like this one outside of the boundaries of the gallery. I get a bit confused on this issue since there is so much Art Work on the internet providing no recognition to who made the artwork.. It is my hope that if I were to make a VR Tour +3D-VR that I will be permitted to showcase it on my own web site.... I am guessing I will need permission to do so as well as include artist details etc... ...

Destiny...

klausesser wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Klaus, who made that pano tour...??

I did - early 2009. Had to be quick and dirty . . :cool:

best, Klaus

_________________
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:00 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4762
Location: Australia
Klaus.. I need to borrow your 300mm lens..;) With all the beautiful coloured parrots in the tree above, a 300mm will be great.. Fast shutter speed since they are swinging in the trees with the horrible weather we are having.. eemm probably half a million dollors worth of parrots up there.. :D Not sure apg would be able to cope with all the movement in stitching a bunch of images.... Last week we had an eagle about a meter tall wondering around the garden.. By the time I grabbed my camera, I managed a blurred image as it flew away........ The wing span on this eagle was amazing, at least 3 metres... very scary really... Bill Bailey showed me a pano once with an eagle, just amazing... No where as big as this one in our garden though.. It is for this reason that moments like the eagle only come once in a blue moon, so therefore I feel there is a real need for a high quality one-shot camera... No motorised head would be able to capture that.. but a single shot would, even though it would never be as good as a high quality VR image..

Destiny...

_________________
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)


Last edited by Destiny on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7734
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Destiny wrote:
Now, in regards to copy-write issues since you seem to know so much on... and i am fairly ignorant off it.. How did you go about being able to show this pano and asking the artist permission to show it since this is obviously going to be an issue for me since you pointed it out, and I am not expecting the copy-write laws to be much different in here in Oz... I realise this is a job of the galleries to resolve with the artist but how do you go about showing a VR like this one outside of the boundaries of the gallery. I get a bit confused on this issue since there is so much Art Work on the internet providing no recognition to who made the artwork.. It is my hope that if I were to make a VR Tour +3D-VR that I will be permitted to showcase it on my own web site.... I am guessing I will need permission to do so as well as include artist details etc... ...

This was the first exhibition of a completely unknown artist. The gallerie asked us to to the pano. The artist isn´t a member of an organisation which take care for their copyrights an fees.

Read what stands above the image in this link:
http://www.zeit.de/2012/04/Gursky

The "VG/Bild-Kunst" is such an organisation. They trace wherever an image containing art of their clients is published.
Newspapers as example are treated legally different because they represent a "comon interest" of the society.
But any time you show something for commercial reasons - and be it in your own business presenting yourselves as a photographer or as a gallery/museum - you´ll have to pay a fee. This might not be much - but it´s complicated to handle it all buerocracy-wise.

In your place i would take good care about how these things are handled in your country!

best, Klaus

_________________
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group