WORLD'S FIRST NN4 and it's on its way to Destiny!!  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 227 posts
Info

WORLD'S FIRST NN4 and it's on its way to Destiny!!

by Destiny » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes, it's TRUE!! :D ... I am about to receive the WORDS FIRST NN4 with RD16. I am also getting the Arca Style Quick Release System ASQRS2 and the Nadir Adapter for NN3 and NN5 series all personally packed by Bill Bailey himself - CEO of LLC dba Nodal Ninja.... Sorry I am a woman, I cannot keep a secret for more than one day...!! :lol: Bill Bailey has also chucked in the 2010 Nodal Ninja Coin Token, I will let him off for not sending me the 2011 ;) Opps, there isn't one!

''Destiny may now claim bragging rights to owning the first NN4 :-)'' (Bill Bailey)

At the moment my NN4 and other goodies are at the: International Dispatch in Los Angeles... It's being sent via USPS Express International post so it will only take a few days to get to Australia... Silly Aus customs will probably keep it for at least 2 days....

Bill Bailey has turned my Lemon into a Cherry Tree... To be honest, not quite true... Anthony Palmowski of iPanoramic in Australia fixed most of the issues I had with my NN3, from providing me with a better fixing screw with top cover, and putting on a wider plastic Rotor plate to eliminate most of the wiggle I had... The only thing really missing was the camera plate but not to worry.... All in the past...!

My Cherry Tree is on its way.....

D.... :D :cool: ;)
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 am

I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 am

Thank you Vincèn.... I will not forget that it was your support that resulted in this outcome... ;)

D....

vincen wrote:I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

Vincèn
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 am

Destiny wrote:Thank you Vincèn.... I will not forget that it was your support that resulted in this outcome... ;)

:P:cool:
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 am

Hey Vincèn

As far as my husband and I are concerned, a business is built on the foundations of good customer service… Bill Bailey CEO of Bill Bailey LLC dba Nodal Ninja has provided the very best customer support service we have ever had from any product we have ever purchased!!! We also believe it will be due to this support that their new NN4 and other products will sell very well throughout the world, all because customers will be able to rely on and count on Bill Bailey's amazing customer service....

My husband John is especially grateful to Bill Bailey since he bought my NN3 for my birthday present last year and has been feeling a little responsible..... But now he is as happy as me!! :lol:

Destiny and John...
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Gordon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Enjoy :)

Best
Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
manuel rosario

Info

by manuel rosario » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 am

Hi Vincen,

May I just ask if the detent rings on NN5 is applicable to the NN4?

Thank you,

Manuel
Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 am

manuel rosario wrote:May I just ask if the detent rings on NN5 is applicable to the NN4?

For sure :) rotator is the same between both models so you'll be able to use same detent rings for NN5 and NN4 :)

Vincèn

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 am

Hey.. Still waiting for my Cherry Tree....:cool:

Just thought I would tell you a little story...

As you know many in Australia suffered greatly during the big floods early this year.. I took this photo about three days after it peeked; just two minutes walk from our home... Bundamba, a town just up the road to us also went under and the roads were also blocked towards the west, going to toward Toowoomba, where as you know many were killed or lost to an inland tsunami of black mud... Many shops in our main Brisbane road are still closed and we would expect that some of those who lost their businesses also lost their homes.. John and I would like to apprise you all that people like Bill Bailey of Nodal Ninja and Anthony of iPanoramic donated $5,000 to that disaster appeal.. Both John and I became quite sick from wading in that horrible contaminated water as we helped others who lost everything.. So we would just like to remind you all that every Nodal Ninja product you purchase, in part goes to help those whom you may never meet or know their names but will always be grateful to you...

Last edited by Destiny on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
manuel rosario

Info

by manuel rosario » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 am

Hi Vincen,

Thank you very much for the info.

Best regards,

Manuel
Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 am

You really need a personal blog, mate... :D
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 am

Hhmm - typo, HDR and your name on it makes it look a bit like a holiday-postcard . . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Mrs!

'[bo wrote:']You really need a personal blog, mate... :D

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Your right, so I changed it... No editing.. as it was shot... Taken from inside a small boat as we rowed down the main Brisbane Road...

D...

klausesser wrote:

Hhmm - typo, HDR and your name on it makes it look a bit like a holiday-postcard . . .

best, Klaus
Last edited by Destiny on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 am

Well guys and girls.. My NN4 has arrived!!!

I guess since I am the first in the world to officially receive one, this would be the first basic overview review of the New Nodal Ninja NN4...

First impressions are always the best... Well, as I opened the box I was lost for words, except for the many ''Wow's''!! If I were to compare the NN3 to this New NN4 I would have to say there is no comparison. I am truly blown away. It is a beautiful thing..! The finish is really nice, perfect in fact. Nodal Ninja have certainly put a lot of thought into this New NN4 pano head... The Nadir Adapter for NN3 and NN5 series is a really nice thing too. It feels nice in the hand and works great, very precise clicks with great functionality. I guess the new name for this Nadir Adapter might be the Nadir Adapter for NN3, NN4 and NN5 series.

The Arca Style Quick Release System ASQRS2 is a great addition, it looks like there are two options to choose from, I think it's called the CP-2 with a lip on the back. It’s the plate I did not have on my old NN3, but this one is a true set and it works great! It’s really good to have these two options. My NN4 with all the bells and whistles is now mounted on my tripod and looking fantastic. I guess I should be bouncing about the room like a spring bunny but to be honest I am feeling a bit tearful. Bill Bailey CEO of LLC dba Nodal Ninja has done a really nice thing for both me and John.. and baby too..!! He sent her a little rubber Ninja; she loves it!! And John and I do not have to fight over the Nodal Ninja coin either since Bill sent us two!!

The NN4 is far better engineered than the NN3, it's thicker, stronger and when mounted onto of the RD-16 Rotor it's perfect. I am going to love using this NN4 pano head and I will look professional too. I love all the beautifully inserted cork bits. Although they have a function they also look good too, really nicely placed and finished off. Even the main plastic securing knobs are well finished with no sharp edges. The bubble leveller is clear and clean looking. The Quick Release System has a really nice fine marker for accurate placing. The Nadir setup stops are now metal, rather than the old plastic ones.

I think that all of the hard work that has been put into this very fine tool will be appreciated by thousands of pano photographers around the world for many years to come. Bill Bailey and his team should be very proud of themselves for producing such a high quality engineered and beautifully finished NN4 pano head.

I almost forgot to mention a really important feature of the NN4. The increments’ on the rotating upper bar adjustment is just GREAT! No longer do I have to set this by eye. It works really well. I just have to rotate it to 30 degrees and ‘click’ its there, then up to 60 degrees and again ‘click’ its there. But the one's I love most are the 90 and 45 degrees, it now sets to vertical and right angle with no problems, easy and perfect every time.

Destiny.. I love the NN4 :cool:
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Info

by vincen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:13 am

Destiny wrote:Destiny.. I love the NN4 :cool:

Thanks for the great feedback Destiny and happy you enjoy it ;):cool:

Vincèn

no avatar
nodalninja

Info

by nodalninja » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey Destiny,
Appreciate the kind words and that you're up and running full steam ahead.
And being the first customer to actually own our new NN4 certainly is worthy of bragging rights. Even if we didn't have NN4 we would have worked out a fair resolution for you.
Best of luck with the business.

Cheers
Bill

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 am

Hey Destiny this is the internet 2011, why no piks...

Best
Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 am

Oh sorry Gordon.. very soon I will be.... I am just setting up my Nadir point... just about there now.. I am really fussy..

I have never done a nadir patch before so I am struggling with that a bit but Bill Bailey put a CD with with the kits so I have to check that out to see if there is anything on there.. Not to worry.. I will tell you this though.. The NN4 is a very fine pano head.. I love it soo much.. the increments are really clear and since there is a marker on the top bar where it rotates its really easy to eye up the camera lens iris in/out..

I have ordered a green screen so my husband can create an interactive view of this NN4.. We are just waiting for it to arrive.. He is a guru with all that stuff.. I hope!! I really hope it arrives today or we will have to wait until next week...

Bye
D....

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 am

OK Gordon.. here you go.. some pics of my brand new state of the art NN4.. Its beautiful... Sorry I was unable to mount my camera onto my NN4 since I only have one camera which obverously I used to take these photos.. I only have one tripod too.... Not to worry... At least you can see it now... :cool:;)

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/NN4/NN4.html

D....

PS.. I should have dusted it down first with my Nodal Ninja cleaning cloth.. :cool:

Gordon wrote:Hey Destiny this is the internet 2011, why no piks...

Best
Gordon
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
hankkarl

Info

by hankkarl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Putting the target onto the screw at the axis of rotation (yaw) is a nice touch, and makes for an easier setup.

Looks a lot like a Manfrotto 303SPH.

no avatar
nodalninja

Info

by nodalninja » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Destiny wrote:I have never done a nadir patch before....

Hi Destiny, The Nadir Adapter we included (not standard in retail package) will help make shooting the nadir easier.
see: http://z10a.com/e3Sqsp in our forum for some tips on it's use. Eventually we hope add a short tutorial to the 32 videos already on youtube.
cheers
Bil

ps - cute Ninja hey?

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Hello hankkarl..... Yes the Nodal Ninja target logo is great, with a practical use and looks good too... I took a page from someone in this forum and put a needle and thread then sticky taped it to the centre of my lens cap and dangled the needle over the NN Logo.. It worked great..

Not so sure you could say the NN4 looks like the Manfrotto 303SPH.. There is no way I would swop my NN4 for it... I love some of the Manfrotto stuff, I even own their carbon fibre tripod and love it so much. Its beautifully made... And as pano people know on this forum, I love beautifully made things... For me, not only it has to work well, it also has to look and feel nice too.. It has to be something I really want to use..

Which pano head do you have... or are you looking at buying one..?? The Manfrotto might be nice but until its in the hand its hard to tell.. A photo can never be used to judge a thing by....

D...

hankkarl wrote:Putting the target onto the screw at the axis of rotation (yaw) is a nice touch, and makes for an easier setup.

Looks a lot like a Manfrotto 303SPH.
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you Bill... The CD with links was also a great resource.. My little Ninja as been rescued from baby and is now sitting on top of my iMac.. Its my happy thought memory... ;)

D...

nodalninja wrote:
Destiny wrote:I have never done a nadir patch before....

Hi Destiny, The Nadir Adapter we included (not standard in retail package) will help make shooting the nadir easier.
see: http://z10a.com/e3Sqsp in our forum for some tips on it's use. Eventually we hope add a short tutorial to the 32 videos already on youtube.
cheers
Bil

ps - cute Ninja hey?
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
nodalninja

Info

by nodalninja » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 am

hankkarl wrote:Looks a lot like a Manfrotto 303SPH.

Hi hankarl,
Manfrotto builds excellent products (I have many) but they do not specialize in this genre of photography. We're a company that dedicates ourselves exclusively to developing and providing panoramic equipment. We know what the end user needs to get the job done and if people say hey try this then we try that.
Here is a photo showing side by side comparisons with different pano heads.

Not sure why Kaidan went bankrupt.
NN4's vertical and upper rail are slightly smaller than NN5 - the lower rail and rotators are same.
Also the advanced rotator of Nodal Ninja uses an internal ball bearing construction and the external components are CNC machined - very "fluid" and smooth rotation with click stops as small as 3.75 degrees (on RD16).

(sorry for the commercial plug)

Bill

ps - there are other manufacturers of pano heads as well so please shop and "ask" around before buying. Money stopped growing on trees - at least in my backyard but could be because of the dogs :/

Next