Page 1 of 1

Controller for GoPro camera array

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 am
by mediavets
Controller for GoPro camera array:
http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/8969/?page=1#msg66866

"The Panodistro allows you to power and trigger up to five GoPro cameras simultaneously for spherical panorama photography and video."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 pm
by AlexandreJ
Excellent !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm
by gkaefer
:D
yEEs

for images all is clear for me - autopano is stitching...

but how is the workflow if you use video.
you've finally 5 videos (synchronus with this board I expect)... but how to "paste" these 5 videos to one 360x167 pano?
can this be done by the new kolor upcoming video software tool?

Georg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:56 pm
by klausesser
mediavets wrote:"The Panodistro allows you to power and trigger up to five GoPro cameras simultaneously for spherical panorama photography and video."

Guess it´s not restricted to movie-sequences, right? Would be nice to do one-shot 360x180 panos in crowded places . . .

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:48 am
by gkaefer
klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:"The Panodistro allows you to power and trigger up to five GoPro cameras simultaneously for spherical panorama photography and video."

Guess it´s not restricted to movie-sequences, right? Would be nice to do one-shot 360x180 panos in crowded places . . .

best, Klaus

no absolute not. the gopro can be internally set to different modes, video and also still image modes. the stills have 5mpx resolution... focal, aperture both cant be influenced and are set to auto. above links following you can see a addon board for the copter which handles the sychronized image/video start/stop signaling.
in portrait mode one gopro has a max of 120"x167" for videos in fullhd and in hdready mode it can handle 30 or alternativley 60 frames per sedonds... so finally 4gopros should do a 360 sphere placing the gopros on downside of the copter and one gopro placed looking on zenith and placed on top side of the copter even should give a full sphere without the copter inside...;-))


ps: crouded placed & copter - dont think this can work. to much danger for mass panic. These copters can be loud (during speeding up and slowing down speed), they're very fast (up to 60kmh) and rotors are free placed so I expect that there must be >50m difference between copter and people...

Georg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 am
by AlexandreJ
gkaefer wrote:you've finally 5 videos (synchronus with this board I expect)... but how to "paste" these 5 videos to one 360x167 pano?
can this be done by the new kolor upcoming video software tool?

Not with Kolor Eyes, but we are collaborating with photoshipone on a video stitching solution ( based on the technology that was shown 2 years ago on the blog ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:29 pm
by GURL
klausesser wrote:Guess it´s not restricted to movie-sequences, right? Would be nice to do one-shot 360x180 panos in crowded places . . .

Here are 2 non-movie 360x180 panos (though .mov QTVR !): http://www.photoshipone.com/news/files/439234158b591cffc6eb574a4c28d50e-7.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 pm
by klausesser
gkaefer wrote:ps: crouded placed & copter - dont think this can work. to much danger for mass panic. These copters can be loud (during speeding up and slowing down speed), they're very fast (up to 60kmh) and rotors are free placed so I expect that there must be >50m difference between copter and people...

No, no - i meant a camera-array mounted on a monopod! :cool: Carrying around i crowded places.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 pm
by klausesser
GURL wrote:
klausesser wrote:Guess it´s not restricted to movie-sequences, right? Would be nice to do one-shot 360x180 panos in crowded places . . .

Here are 2 non-movie 360x180 panos (though .mov QTVR !): http://www.photoshipone.com/news/files/439234158b591cffc6eb574a4c28d50e-7.html

Hi Georges!

Thanks - fine examples! Funny device :cool:

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm
by bemol73
AlexandreJ wrote:Not with Kolor Eyes, but we are collaborating with photoshipone on a video stitching solution ( based on the technology that was shown 2 years ago on the blog ).

Hi Alexandre. Any news on the availability of such video stitching solution?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 am
by AlexandreJ
The solution exists here. I don't know yet how the final product will look like. If you are interested into tests, contact us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 pm
by wadiprawita
Hi Alexandre,

Any progress on video editing ? How can I join the test ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:24 pm
by AlexandreJ
It is going well. We don't have anything even for internal beta testing. In December, we'll probably reopen beta testing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 am
by dchutinaton
AlexandreJ

I would love to help test a stitching solution for 360 videos. I'm in the process of building my own 360 video camera array and currently I'm stitching by exporting each video as a still image sequence.

Regards,

Danai
www.bluepano.com