Calling all monopod and Nodal Ninja R1/R10 users! Advise required  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 am

we think it might be
The l might be missing.. ;)

bill{at}nodalninja{dot}com

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 am

yep.. that went.. :)

D...

no avatar
nodalninja

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by nodalninja » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Destiny wrote:yep.. that went.. :)

D...

Hi Destiny, I see one of recent your emails went into our spam box. Our email system is integrated with Google spam filtering system and we get regularly over 2500 emails per day - our record for one day is 20,000 which shut down the server - 99% all spam. Training the filtering system to accept friendlies is a daunting task.
Anyway nuff said on that - I have your husbands email from 4 hours ago and I'll be responding to him shortly.
Thank you for your patience.

Bill

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:52 pm

really going offtopic now, so forgive no word about panos is following....
... but if I read about spam plagued users ;-) I cant stand...

to compare: our antispam sytem handles currently in nromal days 120.000 successfull blocked spams, its about 98-99,5% of all emails.
on busy days it goes up to 350.000...
link: http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/products/spam_overview.php?L=en
running the 400 model since several years now. per day 1-5 false positives (spams which got through) and 1-2 mails per week which got false negative blocked and I've to release manually.
and currently I'm evaluating the fortimail appliance. For your volume the smallest 100 model could fit:
http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortimail/100C.html

our mailserver itself is accepting mails only from our antispamappliances. Problem is for a mailserver to hold the memory available to scan files before they get accepted by mailqueue. 20.000 mails/day = 14 mails per seoond so 14 parallel amavis etc processes running... so finally its easier to split antispam filtering from mailserver.

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
nodalninja

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by nodalninja » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:31 pm

gkaefer wrote:really going offtopic now, so forgive no word about panos is following....
... but if I read about spam plagued users ;-) I cant stand...

to compare: our antispam sytem handles currently in nromal days 120.000 successfull blocked spams, its about 98-99,5% of all emails.
on busy days it goes up to 350.000...
link: http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/products/spam_overview.php?L=en
running the 400 model since several years now. per day 1-5 false positives (spams which got through) and 1-2 mails per week which got false negative blocked and I've to release manually.
and currently I'm evaluating the fortimail appliance. For your volume the smallest 100 model could fit:
http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortimail/100C.html

our mailserver itself is accepting mails only from our antispamappliances. Problem is for a mailserver to hold the memory available to scan files before they get accepted by mailqueue. 20.000 mails/day = 14 mails per seoond so 14 parallel amavis etc processes running... so finally its easier to split antispam filtering from mailserver.

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

WHOA! And I thought "we" had email concerns. That is massive load - appreciate the shared info. I for one don't like using the spam excuse for not answering emails - ultimately it's still our responsibility for missing legit emails and we'll work hard at appeasing those that do slip by.
Bill

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 am

Yes Bill.. John told me all about my Cherry Tree in blossum and ready to sprout like a mighty nimbus.... ;)
I bounced about like a spring bunny but then a tear or two...

Thank you for everything.... I am happy more than you can imagine...

Also.. thank you soo much for the hot link.. John has already responded.. Very very exciting if it pans out.. Its what we have been waiting for....

Oh.. and thank you Vincèn for all your help in this.. You have been wonderful and very helpful.....

Destiny....

nodalninja wrote:
Destiny wrote:yep.. that went.. :)

D...

Hi Destiny, I see one of recent your emails went into our spam box. Our email system is integrated with Google spam filtering system and we get regularly over 2500 emails per day - our record for one day is 20,000 which shut down the server - 99% all spam. Training the filtering system to accept friendlies is a daunting task.
Anyway nuff said on that - I have your husbands email from 4 hours ago and I'll be responding to him shortly.
Thank you for your patience.

Bill

Previous