Merlin Spare parts  

In the panorama field, hardware is also part of the success. You can discuss here about it: camera, computer, pano head, anything
no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Merlin Spare parts

by irpano » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 am

Hi all, I recently stripped the gears on the pitch motor of my Non Goto head when the camera jammed against the lower base. (My error) I have an email inot telescop Austria in the hope of obtaining a replacement motor and as of today they have not yet replied. In the meantime mediavrts was kind enought to supply the name of the UK distributors and suggested that someone on this forum might have a retired or damaged head that I could use for spare parts. I'm in Australia and the distributors down here are not very familiar with the head. I would appreciate any response.
Thanks
John

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by irpano » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:21 am

An update to the last post. Tommy from Telescop Austria replied with an email and said he could supply a motor from a head that had main board problems.
I would like to thank other members of the forum for their replies and interest in providing a solution.
Such a forum as this on is a godsend to those who are starting out in panoramas as well as those with some experience. If we all keep active in the forum, it will continue to grow and give service to those of us interested in the subject. To all forum members, Thank You.
John