Unable to create a Pano From Cube Faces...  

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Unable to create a Pano From Cube Faces...

by Destiny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:59 am

Hi.. I am in the process of building a brand new HTML5 website so I need to create all my old Pano Tours again in HTML5.. I just tried to export a Pano from Cube Faces from PTP but it failed so I then tried KRPANO Droplet and that too failed. I really do not know why.. The Cube Faces I am using have been exported from an earlier version of PTP...

What could the issue be...

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

Re: Unable to create a Pano From Cube Faces...

by Destiny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:50 am

I managed to get PTP to convert after I changed the size to an even pixel.. But KRPANO Droplet will not work with TIFs or JPGs. Really strange.. Those Droplets are usually very stable... But... I do remember a long time ago I stated that if the Cube Faces had be converted from a Pano using PTP, then the KRPANO Droplet would not work with putting the images back to a pano.. I never did find a resolution to that..

.. and to prove a point... I took the Pano 2:1 from PTP, used the KRPANO Droplet to convert to Cube Faces, which it worked fine and it also converted the Cube Faces back to a Pano. So I wonder when Cube Faces from PTP will not convert to a Pano using KRPANO Droplet...

Destiny..

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:08 am

Destiny,

can you send me your original pano and the cube faces you exported with a previous version of PTP?

Gérald

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:37 am

Hi Gerald.. I have just tried again and this time it worked, which is weird.. But.. I have to add the Cube Faces, I can't drag and drop them.. KRPANO still will not work.. Very strange.. Other panos works..

I am sending you the Cube Faces now..

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:49 am

Gerald.. I stopped that upload.. It seems its all working again.. I now I cannot get it to fail.. No idea why it did not work.. I rebooted my iMac which might have helped..

I will post again if the issue arises again... Still same issue with KRPANO Droplets but thats anther forum.. I think the issue was posted here a long time ago and came down to Naming.. I will check on that.

Destiny...

no avatar
klausesser2

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by klausesser2 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:13 pm

Destiny wrote:I managed to get PTP to convert after I changed the size to an even pixel.. But KRPANO Droplet will not work with TIFs or JPGs. Really strange.. Those Droplets are usually very stable... But... I do remember a long time ago I stated that if the Cube Faces had be converted from a Pano using PTP, then the KRPANO Droplet would not work with putting the images back to a pano.. I never did find a resolution to that..

.. and to prove a point... I took the Pano 2:1 from PTP, used the KRPANO Droplet to convert to Cube Faces, which it worked fine and it also converted the Cube Faces back to a Pano. So I wonder when Cube Faces from PTP will not convert to a Pano using KRPANO Droplet...

Destiny..

1) most likely it´s the order of the cubefaces.
2) you can edit the droplet´s settings for in- and output file-types. It can of course work with TIF, PSD/PSB, JPG and others - i´m using it for years. Go to the KRPano-Folder >> templates >> convertdroplets.config and edit input- and output parameters.

her

Klaus
Last edited by klausesser2 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser2

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by klausesser2 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi Gerald.. I have just tried again and this time it worked, which is weird.. But.. I have to add the Cube Faces, I can't drag and drop them.. KRPANO still will not work.. Very strange.. Other panos works..

I am sending you the Cube Faces now..

Destiny..

Basically it´s not a good idea to work with cubefaces, i realized - aside from retouching a Nadir.
I find working with equirectangulars much better and more secure: no more problems regarding
different cube-orders in different applications.

Klaus