papywizard xml specification  

Un espace complet pour discuter de ce projet : modifier une tête astronomique merlin pour les besoins de la photo panoramique
no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:45 pm

fma38 wrote:Oui, tout à  fait. L'idée n'était pas de lancer les points de contrôle et tout, mais juste positionner les images en utilisant leurs coordonnées et leur fov, sans même s'emm.. à  gérer une quelconque fusion (la suivante écrase la précédente)... C'est la même chose que ce que tu as fait, mais au lieu de mettre chaque image dans un cadre, on les met toutes sur le même canvas, à  sa coordonnée théorique codée dans le fichier.

Ceci-dit, va se poser le problème du bracketing, ou de certaines positions reshootées (prochaine fonctionalité de Papywizard)... Finalement, en utilisant la méthode ci-dessus, ça permet plus facilement de faire des piles, comme avec des cartes, en décalant chaque nouvelle image un poil...

If the preview (as opposed to a simulation) cannot 'sensibly' handle bracketed shots, and/or duplicated images at some but not all shooting positions due to 're-shoots' after 'go-backs', or missing images at some shooting positions in the array due to 'go-forward', I wonder whether it has any purpose at all or is it just slowing down the processing of a pano? Even if the preview can handle all that I still wonder whether the preview serves any purpose unless it also allows the user to say remove some images or something like that.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

fma38

by fma38 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Je pense que c'est quand même un bon moyen de vérifier qu'on a importé les bonnes images, car le fichier xml ne suffit pas pour ça (il n'a pas de lien vers les fichiers images).
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:03 pm

fma38 wrote:Je pense que c'est quand même un bon moyen de vérifier qu'on a importé les bonnes images, car le fichier xml ne suffit pas pour ça (il n'a pas de lien vers les fichiers images).

OK, yes I can understand that. Could there ever be some way of 'connecting' the XML to the filenames - even if via manual entry? Or some other quick way of 'estimating' (within APP) whether the set of images uploaded to APP was likely to be that described in the XML file the user chooses to upload?

What if the user took one shot manually before a robotic shoot - or reviewed on the camera the last shot taken before starting a robotic shoot - to identify the filename of the first shot in a robotic shoot and then entered that via Papywizard into the XML file?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

fma38

by fma38 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:15 pm

mediavets wrote:OK, yes I can understand that. Could there ever be some way of 'connecting' the XML to the filenames - even if via manual entry? Or some other quick way of 'estimating' (within APP) whether the set of images uploaded to APP was likely to be that described in the XML file the user chooses to upload?

Don't know how Alexandre is implementing improt features, but there could be a check with date/time. This will need an entry to give the time shift between the computer which ran Papywizard and the camera, but then images can be checked.

What if the user took one shot manually before a robotic shoot - or reviewed on the camera the last shot taken before starting a robotic shoot - to identify the filename of the first shot in a robotic shoot and then entered that via Papywizard into the XML file?

Well, using different devices (Nokia and camera) will require to be organized ;) When Papywizard will be able to shoot via USB, and immediatly get the images, this will be possible, running it on a laptop or eeepc, to add a tag in the xml file with the name of the picture.

But it is better to pre-process images (converting from RAW to TIFF). When I do that, I change the name of the image file, adding a tag, like .bib if I pre-process with Bibble, or .lzn if I used LightZone; so, I will still have to manually select the set of images.
Frédéric

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

fma38 wrote:
mediavets wrote:OK, yes I can understand that. Could there ever be some way of 'connecting' the XML to the filenames - even if via manual entry? Or some other quick way of 'estimating' (within APP) whether the set of images uploaded to APP was likely to be that described in the XML file the user chooses to upload?

Don't know how Alexandre is implementing improt features, but there could be a check with date/time. This will need an entry to give the time shift between the computer which ran Papywizard and the camera, but then images can be checked.

Well, using different devices (Nokia and camera) will require to be organized ;) When Papywizard will be able to shoot via USB, and immediatly get the images, this will be possible, running it on a laptop or eeepc, to add a tag in the xml file with the name of the picture.

But it is better to pre-process images (converting from RAW to TIFF). When I do that, I change the name of the image file, adding a tag, like .bib if I pre-process with Bibble, or .lzn if I used LightZone; so, I will still have to manually select the set of images.

I reckon those that shoot 500 image gigapixel panos need to be very well organised anyway - it's hardly a 'spur of the moment' activity.

I had envisaged the shoot via USB instant picture uploading future scenario - but that's going to be of limited interest I think because of need for wired connection. But when all cameras have WiFi built-in?

But back to the present day...

And I had completely overlooked the shooting RAW and pre-processing scenario - I'm so impatient and lazy I have to date always shot JPEG.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:02 pm

mediavets wrote:How would/does it look with hundreds of images in a pano?

Thumbnail have fixed size, so the preview will scroll if it's bigger than the windows.

mediavets wrote:Do the thumbnails scale depending on number of images in the array/matrix?

No.

mediavets wrote:Can the user choose the size of the thumbnails?

No. If you need such a feature, it's really easy to code.

mediavets wrote:Is there any value in having a gap between the rows and columns?

That's just to have preview, I don't simulate exactly the view. So I've put a 10 pixels gap between rows / columns.

mediavets wrote:Do we need to see the Y/P values in a title 'bar' on each image?

I think so because it's not necessary organized in matrix mode.

mediavets wrote:I think you've said you will fix the orientation of the images?

Yes, that's an exif decoding issue for the canon 20D only.

mediavets wrote:Most importantly - using this data does APP now manage to place (and stitch) correctly relatively featureless images that previously would have been 'orphans'?

Yes, pictures which are orphan are directly well located. The others are cp located. BTW : knowing the location helps me to find possible link between picture before launching the detection. So the detection is even better.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:33 am

Alexandre,

Thanks for the explanations.

It sounds as if it will be very good.
Andrew Stephens

fma38

by fma38 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Alexandre, sais-tu si Bruno et l'équipe de Hugin envisagent d'implémenter les filtres d'import ?
Frédéric

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Non, pas au courant.

Previous

Return to Tête panoramique motorisée: Merlin, Orion et Papywizard