go360hero - an alternative to 360heros mounts  

Discuss the various camera RIGs on the market, ask for advice, etc...
(EN/FR Forum)
no avatar
GZee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

go360hero - an alternative to 360heros mounts

by GZee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:22 am

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at getting my first 360 gopro mount and I've got my eye on the H3PRO6 and H3PRO6N. However, just the other day I stumbled across the go360hero mount which is being sold on shapeways for about half the price!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PJRXG ... t-only-199

I was wondering if anyone has used this product in their experience and if you would recommend it over the 360 Heros mounts.

Also, it appears no stitching template is available for this mount. What is the workflow required for 360 mounts without stitching templates to use in Autopano? My goal is to create 360 videos. So far I've only been able to research and haven't been able to get hands on with anything yet, so thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
GZee

no avatar
scottvr

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: go360hero - an alternative to 360heros mounts

by scottvr » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Rig is not bad for the price. And images can be stitched using Kolor and standard GoPro preset.
Downside is the cameras are not totally locked down. The left side is held by tongue that goes into the GoPro lip but right side is simply held by proximity of cage. Possible to move right side 1/8 inch. Ok for static shots (although bottom camera angles a little bit due to not being held securely) But for moving shots I suspect the shake of the image would be a problem and would be concerned to mount it onto a high speed car for instance on the off chance a camera could come loose. You could tape that side I suppose. The more expensive mounts such as Freedom tend to be more rigid and solid holding cameras.