Nokia OZO 360 Video Camera...  

Discuss cameras used for shooting panoramas, virtual tours or 360° videos (GoPros, DSLRs, one shot cams, etc..) and their various accessoires (lenses, monopods/tripods, etc...).
(EN/FR Forum)
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 214 posts
Info

Nokia OZO 360 Video Camera...

by Destiny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:15 am

Hi... I love the look of this one and for the first time a 360 camera that captures the Nadir... all in one purpose built solution.. https://ozo.nokia.com Its a bit vague on information... Just released in July.. I saw a part picture a month ago but did not know it was Nokia...

Destiny.....

Destiny

Topic author
Info

Re: Nokia OZO 360 Video Camera...

by Destiny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:17 am

... and more exciting information.. The Design confuses me though.. I would have thought that the tripod mount would have been at the handle. It looks an awesome thing.. Big money has going into this.. Microsoft are behind it so who knows what will become of this new technology... If the price is right and the quality is good.. they will sell millions..

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/90644 ... camera-ozo

There are other companies like Jaunt VR, but the only physical cameras we have seen from them are 3D printed and not that great looking.. They have other images, but they are just nice 3D renders of come concept they might be working on... What ever they are working on will not be for the everyday photographer..

Samsung on the other hand might just be heading towards the mass market, their 3D 360 cameras look very interesting.. GoPro have a Ring of cameras but to me its just another improvised solution. I am not saying that improvised solutions are not good, such as the current rigs since I think they are a clever, but they were never designed to capture perfect 360 video from the beginning..

Units like the iris360 are purpose built units but they have some big issues.. The Sphericam V2 looks very promising with nice blending but only time will tell what the final product will turn out like.. They state it is an amazing camera but how can it be when its still being developed.. They should say, it will be an amazing camera. There are others which will never be much good going by past history of their units. We have yet to see what goes on there.. One thing is certain, these are exciting times for new media hardware designed to capture 360 video..

Destiny...

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am

I had not realised it had that bit sticking out from the sphere shape, it seems it might have a blind spot there?

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 am

Yes.. that might be a design flaw.. I do not understand whey the handle sticks out on the side.. Its should be pointing down on the Nadir.. Can't wait to see some video examples....

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Looks like this 360 Video camera is coming in 2016... I really do not get it.. The camera cost $60,000 yet their gallery does not have a single video example.. Their gallery is must made up of not so good photos of the product.. For 60K, there should be heaps of example 360 videos to view..

https://ozo.nokia.com/accessories/

I would suggest a very very limited market for such a camera. I also do not get the handle, the battery and other obstacles in the way of the lenses.. I really do not see it being a 360 obstacle free camera.

Destiny..