Google-cam  

Discuss cameras used for shooting panoramas, virtual tours or 360° videos (GoPros, DSLRs, one shot cams, etc..) and their various accessoires (lenses, monopods/tripods, etc...).
(EN/FR Forum)
Destiny

Liked in: 214 posts
Info

Re: Google-cam - iris 360

by Destiny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 am

Since there is no visual interface, I wonder how you get to choose which nadir logo you use, such as a mirror ball...

Destiny...

Destiny

Info

Re: Google-cam - iris 360

by Destiny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:26 am

This is a Still Pano Camera.. So why is there an audio option. "Audio: 76db"

Destiny...

no avatar
rolly1

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Google-cam

by rolly1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:49 am

I just got email from Nodal ninja USA they are selling them ,that $2000 price is special USA Canada Mexico price only on pre orders price going to be higher then that I think, Idea looks good though not impressed with the google Brisbane pics Destiny cheers from Rolly1

Flocktome

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Flocktome » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:24 pm

We're considering the iris360 for work, but the pricetag and the nadir are a bit of a concern, but a single snap and process in ine is pretty cool. Better than my custom mobile and tripod can do.

Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:01 pm

To be honest, I really to not understand why they have concentrated on capturing the Zenith wen most of the detail needed to view is on the Nadir.. They would be better off reducing the Nadir Footprint and making the Zenith have a patch like the Nadir has now but much smaller..

As for Price.. Yes.. That is an issue.. To me a bit over priced.. By the time I would be able to buy on in Australia it would probably cost close to $3000.. Fine if I got work using it but not if I don't..

I am looking forward to the reviews.. Love to road test one myself..

Destiny...

klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Destiny wrote:To be honest, I really to not understand why they have concentrated on capturing the Zenith wen most of the detail needed to view is on the Nadir..

That´s quite simple:
It´s impossible to shoot and process a Nadir fully automatically.

Klaus

Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:26 pm

.. but the new feature in their new panos have a really nice nadir patch.. Looks heaps better if it was smaller.. Its all done onboard.. Automatically as far as I know ....

Destiny..

klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Destiny wrote:.. but the new feature in their new panos have a really nice nadir patch..

???

Klaus

no avatar
rolly1

Info

by rolly1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:01 am

Hi to everyone as a hobbyist I could live with those results , going by the samples on the nodal ninja website ,apart off course the price and the Nadir is disappointing large , makes you feel like breaking it in halves put the bottom half on the ground and top bit with lenses on the top off a hollow tube , (run the wires through the tube ) a slight redesign Ha Ha ,might reduce the Nadir a bit , if I can use a Hacksaw to cut the Hood of my Nikon 10.5 fisheye then I could have fun with this device what do you think ? cheers Rolly1

Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:33 am

Price is defiantly an issue. But more so is the nadir footprint.. If I was the designer, I would move the lenses down.. I would most defiantly prefer the smallest nadir footprint as I could get... If capturing outside easy to add a bit of sky at most times easy to fix a bit of ceiling.. If the nadir footprint was much smaller then I could fix that too in the most cases..

Real estate agents have seen so many options come and go I feel they might be reluctant to step in.. As for Google Panos, that would be the best option. But my story so far with VR Tour is not a happy one..

I had a guy ask for a quote and then try to pin me down to the Google Photographers pricing.. I tried to explain that he did not have to do any pro processing.. but I did.. He then accepted the Google guy and then phoned me to ask if I could edit them to have his shop show on Google street view, rather than the previous owner of that location. Thats the issue with Street View.. They can be out of date.. I told him how on earth was I able to edit Googles Street View.. He would have to wait for Google to update their maps.

Destiny...

no avatar
rolly1

Info

by rolly1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 am

hi Destiny very sick with the Flu at the moment will get back to you soon cheers rolly1

Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 am

Have you not heard of the Flu Jab... ;) We get one every year..

Manuka honey Level 5. Get some and soon feel better..

The Google Cam will be available soon.. =D

Destiny...

Previous