Lens for Nikon D610 fx  

Discuss cameras used for shooting panoramas, virtual tours or 360° videos (GoPros, DSLRs, one shot cams, etc..) and their various accessoires (lenses, monopods/tripods, etc...).
(EN/FR Forum)
no avatar
Gustavo I

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Lens for Nikon D610 fx

by Gustavo I » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 am

Hello everyone.

I have worked with Nikon d3100 and Nikon 10.5mm lens and it has been acceptable, without problems with the splicing of the images, a lens operatively comfortable (without making shots for HDR with 7 shots achieves all the coverage).
I need advice, given that I have decided to improve as a camera, I have purchased Nikon D610 full format ... and here comes the query of what lens they recommend me to use, to take advantage of the characteristics of the camera, balancing reduction of chromatic aberration, better zoom and good image quality.
* Consider I like night photography (poor lighting)
What I have in view:
Nikon 8-15mm (I understand that quality is better to use in 15mm and almost does not reach horizontally to 180 °)
Nikon 16mm 2.8 (I've read it is very good, it goes up a lot in number of shots for 360 ° coverage?)
Nikon 14-24mm (work on 16mm will be the same as the previous one- nikon 16mm 2.8-?)
Who already has Nikon 10.5 DX, loses quality in camera fX?
Well, I appreciate your experience and comments, as soon as possible per purchase trip
regards
Gustavo

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

Re: Lens for Nikon D610 fx

by klausesser » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Gustavo I wrote:Hello everyone.

What I have in view:
Nikon 8-15mm (I understand that quality is better to use in 15mm and almost does not reach horizontally to 180 °)
Nikon 16mm 2.8 (I've read it is very good, it goes up a lot in number of shots for 360 ° coverage?)
Nikon 14-24mm (work on 16mm will be the same as the previous one- nikon 16mm 2.8-?)
Who already has Nikon 10.5 DX, loses quality in camera fX?
Well, I appreciate your experience and comments, as soon as possible per purchase trip
regards
Gustavo

Hi Gustavo!

Sorry - i saw your post only right now.

For spherical pano i strongly suggest the Nikon 2m8/16mm fisheye.
It´s in my eyes the best choice as long as you don´t need to work really HiRes (which results in
MANY pictures and should be done only with lots oft experience).

You have 6 or 7 shots on a fullframe like your Nikon. These are very well done using a manual
panohead in around 5 Min using 3 - 5 exposures per position.

I also strongly suggest to process yor raw-images in a good conveter first - i use Capture One, but others might
do also well - and save the results as 16bit/TIFFs.
Then process the sets in Photomatix ) or any other excellent HDR-processor, treat them with tone-mapping
and save them as TIFFs before importing them into PTP.

best regards,
Klaus