AVP CRASHING WHEN STITCHING.  

Post your comments, feedback and bug reports for the beta versions of Autopano Video!

Postez vos commentaires, retours et rapports de bug pour les versions bêta d'Autopano Video !
no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

AVP CRASHING WHEN STITCHING.

by dookie9636 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:15 am

Hello,

AVP crashes when I try to stitch the video right after I do a sync. Can someone give me some advice on how to trouble shoot this issue?
I took a screen recording of the problem. It happens every time.
Also, I submitted a crash report.

https://youtu.be/3hJBX1IwmL0

Below are my computer specs.
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7800X @ 3.50GHz 24 °C
Skylake-X 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 942MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X299-A (CPU0) 29 °C
Graphics
ASUS VE278 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (MSI) 35 °C
Storage
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA) 30 °C
7452GB Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA)) 41 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Windows Security Center
User Account Control (UAC) Enabled
Notify level 2 - Default
Firewall Enabled
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Not configured
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Enabled
Antivirus
Antivirus Enabled
Display Name Windows Defender
Virus Signature Database Up to date
.NET Frameworks installed
v4.7 Full
v4.7 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2
Internet Explorer
Version 11.483.15063.0
PowerShell
Version 5.1.15063.0
Environment Variables
USERPROFILE C:\Users\Luke
SystemRoot C:\Windows
User Variables
Machine Variables
Power Profile
Active power scheme Balanced
Hibernation Enabled
Turn Off Monitor after: (On AC Power) 10 min
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power) 20 min
Suspend after: (On AC Power) 30 min
Screen saver Disabled
Uptime
Current Session
Current Time 7/13/2017 10:14:32 PM
Current Uptime 8,797 sec (0 d, 02 h, 26 m, 37 s)
Last Boot Time 7/13/2017 7:47:55 PM
Services

MYbar77 likes this post.

ClaireM

Liked in: 36 posts
Info

Re: AVP CRASHING WHEN STITCHING.

by ClaireM » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

Hi,

Is it possible for you to share your kava file and your input videos?
(I just had a look at your crash and I don't think it is hardware related but likely more project related)

Best,

Claire

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:31 pm

I just tried it again with upgraded version and got the same result.
It doesn't create a kava file. It just creates reference images and then crashes. Also every time I open avp 3.0 it asks me to register... I will PM you the d.b folder today.

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:12 am

Has anyone else out there had this issue or have any suggestions? I've been working with Kolor to try to resolve this for the past week. They can't seem to replicate this problem on their end.

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:57 pm

RC 2 Didn't fix the issue for anyone who is reading this thread with the same specs/issue.

Destiny

Liked in: 210 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:33 am

Hi.. I can try for you if you would like to share your videos.. I have not had any issues with RC1 but I have just downloaded RC2..

Send using https://www.wetransfer.com/# to dps@westnet'dot'com'dot'au

Destiny....

MYbar77 likes this post.

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks but Claire said it's an issue on their end. It has something to do with my processor I believe.

MYbar77 likes this post.

no avatar
MYbar77

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by MYbar77 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello,

Did you get any resolution on the stitching crash? Mine is doing the same thing. I'm using a new PC with an i9 processor and a 1080 graphics card. It is crashing on multiple projects, some of which I had no problem (except for time) on a MacBook Pro.

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 am

Hello,

As a test, I switched back to 2.6. Stitched and rendered fine. I would love this to be a temporary setback since the rendering should be way faster with CUDA support. As I mentioned in a previous post I tried various projects and they all crashed during stitching. I sent some of the crash reports, not all. I tried big and small files, resetting to default settings, uninstalling and reinstalling, standing on one leg, etc. Nothing worked. In case they help, here are my specs:

Gigabyte X299 AORUS 7 (rev. 1.0) Motherboard
Intel Core i9 7900X 3.3GHz Ten Core 13.37MB 140W CPU
4 x Crucial DDR4-2400 16GB Ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition iCX Video Card
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD Hard Drive: Primary
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB M.2 x4 SSD Hard Drive: Processing
Western Digital Gold 10TB SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive: Storage

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 am

My issue is apparently a processor issue on their end. I would take a screen capture video of what's happening and submit it with the error report. Then e-mail them the same files that you used in the video so they can try to replicate the problem. If they can't offer you a fix they create a "bug #"...

MYbar77 likes this post.

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:53 am

Thanks! Will do. I do hope they can get it figured out. For the moment, I'm stitching videos in 2.6, then opening them in 3 and going the rest of the way. It's a pain, but it gets past the problem for now.

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 am

Whhhaa??? I had no idea you could open in 2.6 stitch then open in 3.0 Does Dwarp work for you?

MYbar77 likes this post.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 102 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

Hello,

Which NVIDIA driver are you using? EVGA or NVIDIA? Also, any bloatware installed that can create issues?
If you switch to GLSL using AV3 RC3, are you able to render without any crash?
Finally, are your footages located on the primary drive?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier

MYbar77 likes this post.

no avatar
dookie9636

Topic author
Info

by dookie9636 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 pm

It's been so long I have to check again. I've been using mistika hoping you guys resolve this issue sooner than later

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 am

Sorry for the late response. I was getting posting notices prior, but I didn't get any for the responses below my last one. Probably something on my end.

As for the stitching, I have been doing the everything except the DWarp, horizon adjustments, and rendering in 2.6. The stabilization actually goes faster in 2.6. >30 fps vs ~7 fps in 3.0. The DWarp takes a long time, which I expect, but so does the rendering. Once I have completed the DWarp and horizon adjustments, the rendering seems like it is using OpenGL. If I render prior to DWarp, it is accelerated. After DWarp it's 1-2fps.

I have long clips, (40 minutes and longer). DWarp gets crashy past 15 or so. By "crashy" I mean it gives you an error message, auto populates it with 'bad allocation', then the kava file is corrupted and unusable. This is being discussed in another thread. To avoid this, I have been cutting my clips down to 10 minute segments and doing 'save as' name changes as I go.

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:05 am

olivierbo wrote:Hello,

Which NVIDIA driver are you using? EVGA or NVIDIA? Also, any bloatware installed that can create issues?
If you switch to GLSL using AV3 RC3, are you able to render without any crash?
Finally, are your footages located on the primary drive?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier

Olivier, I am using NVIDIA driver 22.21.13.8494, but it is a EVGA GTX1080Ti. Custom build, so no bloatware.
It's been a while, so I can't remember if I tried GLSL. I'm pretty sure I did try that and CPU. It should be in my crash reports.
My footage is on a processing drive. I am pretty sure I tried putting it on the primary drive as well. I can do another check. That would only be a quick fix though, since my processing drive is a M.2 and I want to utilize it for processing.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello,

If the batch render uses OpenGL it means that your graphic card is not compatible or there's a wrong driver. Autopano Video switches automatically to OpenGL even if GPGPU/CUDA are selected (or if you have more than 6 cameras).
DWARP can take a lot of time, especially on big videos. It is a very complex algorithm and needs a lot of calculation depending on the option you choose.
So, if it worked with GLSL engine, this can be a driver issue. You can try with a previous version...
Can you try the exact same workflow with our Omni sample you can download? http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... ow#Samples

Finally, when I said bloatware this can be a manufacturer's tool/utility app for the audio for instance or any other software except peripheral drivers ;)

Let me know.

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks for the reply Olivier.

Any idea how far I would need to roll back the driver? If you have a driver version that you know works, then I could just roll back to that one instead of doing trial and error.
I am fine with the DWarp times. They are long, but worth it. It's the 1.57 fps rendering times that are painful. What, if any, rendering settings is the CUDA acceleration limited to?
I will try the Omni sample and let you know.
As for bloatware, I did find GeForce Experience. So yes, I guess I do have some.

Regards,
Michel

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Michel,

All you need is to download the previous version from the NVIDIA website, then install it by selecting Custom installation and tick Perform a clean installation.
Unfortunately, I cannot suggest a particular version you can install as we do not have any configuration using a 1080 Ti.
CUDA has no limitation (except if you have more than 6 cameras or less than 2) but not fully compatible with every AV feature (stereo, masking markers, timecode burn-in, watermarks, patches, etc). So, in that case, AV will use OpenGL (this can be checked in realtime preview window).

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello Olivier,

I did some testing with the OMNI videos you directed me to. I couldn't get it to stitch. I rolled my driver back to April, and it still crashed. I have attached some tracking of my testing that lists the settings.

Is AV3 designed to work with the i9 processor?
Attachments
AV3 Crash testing.xlsx
(21.01 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:26 am

Hello Autopano,

Can I get a response please? I have deadlines and I'm spending hours trying to work out these problems, I'm hoping someone on your end is doing the same...

DJW

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by DJW » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi Michel

Not a solution for you I'm afraid, but I do see a possibly related issue.

Essentially my desktop PC runs with an EVGA 980ti and has trouble running CUDA preview on AVP 3.0rc3 (and previous v3.0 releases...), I just get a blank preview window and frozen timeline. My Alienware laptop runs an Nvidia 980M processor and has no issues at all, which is kind of irritating as my desktop is a 64Gb custom monster full of M.2 drives, and its currently a poor second to my laptop when processing with AVP 3.0 as its forced to OpenGL.

Your issues with a 1080 and CUDA may be related to what I'm seeing. I've tried rolling back the Nvidia driver several releases, made no difference at all. And all of the same Nvidia drivers are fine with the laptops 980M...

My full story is here: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=36545

Best regards
David.

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:23 am

DJW wrote:Hi Michel

Not a solution for you I'm afraid, but I do see a possibly related issue.

Essentially my desktop PC runs with an EVGA 980ti and has trouble running CUDA preview on AVP 3.0rc3 (and previous v3.0 releases...), I just get a blank preview window and frozen timeline. My Alienware laptop runs an Nvidia 980M processor and has no issues at all, which is kind of irritating as my desktop is a 64Gb custom monster full of M.2 drives, and its currently a poor second to my laptop when processing with AVP 3.0 as its forced to OpenGL.

Your issues with a 1080 and CUDA may be related to what I'm seeing. I've tried rolling back the Nvidia driver several releases, made no difference at all. And all of the same Nvidia drivers are fine with the laptops 980M...

My full story is here: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=36545

Best regards
David.

Hello David,

I would certainly agree that we've got some issues that might be stemming from the same issues. I'm certainly in the same boat with regards to having things run on a laptop and not so much on a processing machine that is designed to do it. As I type, my desktop is running a 10 core i9 multithread at full capacity. That would be cool and all if the frame rate wasn't 1.55.
Besides the troubles I have documented in the forum, I have been trying to figure out the problems whilst minimizing the workarounds. I think I had tried so many that I had software arguing with each other. I was using AVP 2.6 to stitch the videos and was then bringing them into AV3 for DWARP. When I did this, I ended up having corrupted files after the DWARP which rendered them useless. My next step was to reprocess videos. I had two different kinds and did the process differently for each, then walked through some steps. I'll describe them below:

1: Videos that I had brought in using OMNI importer, but with no OMNI processing (Stab, color, etc):
For these, I stitched them in AVP2.6 and then saved the kava file. for later processing that I'll describe below.

2: Videos that I still had the 'card' files for. These I didn't do anything to at this point.

3: Uninstalled all Kolor programs.

4: Installed AV3.

5: For the videos that are described in step 1 above, I opened them in AV3 and ran them through the workflow. These turned out good, as long as I kept the clip length to 10 minutes. Otherwise they would crash during DWARP and corrupt the file. You might be able to process at longer times, but 20 minutes was definitely crash time. Also, the rendering was super slow, even on CUDA. 1.5 fps. Arg.

6: Processing the videos described in step 2, I read a forum post that said that the rendering times would suck if you didn't do stabilization during the OMNI import process. So I reimported from the 'cards' and kept going from there. I had a 40 minute video and split it into 10 minute increments. The first two processed and rendered fine and faster (11fps) but then the last two ten minute segments ended up with a green frame after each good one. So good frame, green flash, good frame, green flash, etc. I went back and cut the clip time to 5 minutes. That cleared up the green frame issue.

Other notes, The program is still crashy for these reasons.

1:It will get stuck on a preview screen when I am adjusting the horizon, requiring a restart.
2: Manually bringing the videos into AV3 will crash during stitching.
3: As I mentioned, any videos larger than 10 minutes will crash on DWARP, corrupting your file and leave it unusable.
4: It will get stuck when adjusting horizons and require a restart.
5: The green flash I mentioned above really sucks because you won't see it until you are done rendering. I found a reference to this on the forum, but it was a dead-end thread without a solution.
6: VR player won't open when I'm using AV3, even with shared memory. It does, unfortunately, open up every time I try to open a 360 video in Adobe Premiere. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it so many times I've lost count.

I also tried most of these steps with the GoPro imagery from their download. I couldn't get past the stitching.

So as with your post, not exactly a solution, but hopefully we can get somewhere. I would recommend uninstalling everything and reinstalling just AV3. That seemed to make a difference. It also made a difference with the play speed of the realtime window.

Best of Luck!--Michel

DJW

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by DJW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Michel

It might be useful to share a set of standard files to do some comparative benchmarking / testing with. Would you volunteer one of your problematic 10 minute clips..? Just think it might be useful to test on same file set. I use Dropbox if that helps. Or I can shoot a sequence and share it.

It strikes me that there is still a real issue with CUDA processing in AVP 3.0 maybe when dealing with high end graphics cards, or high performance CPUs.

@Olivier, would it help if we were to agree a test sequence and try to get you some benchmarks..? (I think I saw a comment that you're not testing with 1080 cards, I'd suggest that a number of users are tooling up with that and similar cards.) Or are you on top of these issues and we just have to be patient..?

Best regards
David.

no avatar
MYbar77

Info

by MYbar77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 am

Hello David,

I am totally on board with anything that moves us forward to a solution. If you have a dropbox I can upload to, send me the link, otherwise, I can clean mine out and upload it for you. The clips are in .mov and somewhere between 8 and 4K, so they are a little over 100GB. As far as what we should test, I think we should recreate as much of the workflow as we can. That would mean me sending you the 'cards' file (2.7, 29 fps, 78gigs) and telling you the video time to process. It's pretty easy since I cut it on the 10's. I had the green flash on clip 20-30, and 30-41. That way you could try a manual import and an OMNI import with stabilization which really helped with rendering times, but resulted in green flash on those two ten minute segments. Which begs the question, why not on clips 0-10 and 10-20??

I have to apologize for the video in advance, I have a lot of mountain shots that are gorgeous, but this one is desert. :/

I'll wake up at some point tonight and check for a response. If you have responded, I'll upload. I attached a tracking spreadsheet to a previous post, but it was getting pretty redundant. If we can clean that up and use it, great. Otherwise, if you have a tracking format you prefer, I'm happy to do that.

Thanks!--Michel

Next