Mask doesn't work  

Have a problem using Livepano? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Livepano ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
no avatar
ondrej

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Mask doesn't work

by ondrej » Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 am

Hi there, I know there have been a few discussions about this already and I read them very carefully. Apparently, there were no changes to PTP or Livepano in this regard.

I wonder how is then possible version 2.5.0 render the mark correctly while v2.5.11 does not?

Please see the example - exactly same files, flash fallback switched off, same parameters for everything, just the version of PTP is different. Tested in the same browser (Chrome).

Many thanks
Ondrej
Attachments
v2511.jpg
V 2.5.11
v250.jpg
V 2.5.0

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

Re: Mask doesn't work

by bdd » Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 pm

The difference between the 2 screenshots, is the technology used by the player.

In 2.5.0 version, the "preferred" player used by the tour was/is the Flash one .

In 2.5.11, the "preferred" player is the HTML5 one .

Flash player is obsolete, and does not work anymore on many devices and in many browsers, that's why the HTML5 one is now preferred to the Flash one .

In the flash player, it is directly the flash player that manages the colorimetry of the video and of the tiles. It does not use any extra codec or management .

In the HTML5 player, it is the default video player of the browser that is used to display the video.
The rendering of the video changes a lot from a browser to another, and sometimes from a browser version to another browser version. It may be displayed correctly one day, and incorrectly the next day following an upgrade of the browser.

You can try your 2.5.11 tour with the option "?html5=never" to test it in flash, or you can try it in different browsers on your platfom. Then you'll see that the colors are OK in some browsers .

We are trying to create the best video as possible in the livepano wizard, but we have hard time to follow browsers changes in video management.

Gérald

no avatar
ondrej

Topic author
Info

by ondrej » Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Many thanks for your reply Gérald. I believe I had "Flash fallback" unchecked for both examples above. Should this mean that Flash output is not generated and therefore only HTML5 will be used?

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Tue May 15, 2018 2:42 pm

ondrej wrote:Many thanks for your reply Gérald. I believe I had "Flash fallback" unchecked for both examples above. Should this mean that Flash output is not generated and therefore only HTML5 will be used?

Yes, that's it .
As Flash is mainly not supported by default now, it is only considered as a fallback for really old platforms and old browser versions.
This fallback will disappear in a future version, as Flash will be considered defacto as "dead" .

If you uncheck Flash fallback, of course the option "?html5=never" will not work, as then there will be no player available.

Gérald

no avatar
ondrej

Topic author
Info

by ondrej » Tue May 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Well, in that case, your statement "The difference between the 2 screenshots, is the technology used by the player." doesn't hold the truth. Both screenshots are HTML5 players.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 pm

No, because you said that the one that works well was done with the 2.5.0 version.
In this version, flash was not yet a fallback .
It was still the default preferred version.
Browsers changed a lot since this version of PTP.

Gérald

no avatar
ondrej

Topic author
Info

by ondrej » Wed May 16, 2018 1:03 am

Well, I have the option to uncheck the flash fallback in 2.5.0 and that's what I did. So flash version was not generated. I've just double checked it now by adding "?html5=never" and getting "ERROR: Adobe Flash Required" as I don't even have adobe flash installed.

So again both examples in the original post were HTML5 (as stated in the description).

no avatar
ERR

Liked in: 23 posts
Info

by ERR » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Not for nothing but you're "beating a dead horse". I and many others in the community have pointed this out years ago and nothing has been done. We understand the whole HTML switch thing but there is not doubt with a little effort this can be fixed. The only reason I keep checking back is that I (foolishly) hope they would devote some serious coding hours to remedy this (instead of going down with the sinking GoPro ship).
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.