PanotourPro 2.5.5 + LivePano on Ubuntu Linux will not "Build  

Have a problem using Livepano? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Livepano ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

PanotourPro 2.5.5 + LivePano on Ubuntu Linux will not "Build

by mountainyahoos » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:42 pm

I have been trying many approaches to using Live Video and have failed when trying to "Build" the tour on Ubuntu Linux 14.04.
The screen dims (image enclosed), top shows one of my eight processors (with NVidia GPUs) pegged at 100% for hrs and even let it run overnight but a tour is never built. The window dims, becomes unresponsive and nothing completes.

I gziped the the following two projects, images and video and made them available to you to see if anyone can "Build" on Linux?

http://www.casavtours.com/CA-MB-1131-8t ... eVideo.tar (uses a vertical mp4 video jpg)

second example:
http://www.casavtours.com/CA-MB-1131-8t ... al-mov.tar (uses a horizontal mov video and jpg)

In my opinion, the Linux port of Panotour Pro with the LiveVideo plugin does not work. I would like to use this feature for a number of my websites.

Load the project and it should be ready to build. Try it out.
I tried migrating the project to my laptop (Ubuntu 16.04) and I get the same result except that top reveals that I am using 196% of a dual core processor (no GPU). This mitigates a hardware issue as I tried it on two very different computers where regular Panotour does work.
Attachments
Panotour-LiveVideo-Build.png
Build selected and screen goes dark

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: PanotourPro 2.5.5 + LivePano on Ubuntu Linux will not "B

by bdd » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:01 pm

The videos generated by the livepano plugin are not readable.
Their lenght is 0s !
Even on Windows your project cannot be built.

It's strange that you got the same issue with the mp4 video (By the way DON'T rotate the video) .

We did some tests on Ubuntu, and never had this 0s length result .
Did you have any error when creating the livepano spot ?

Gérald

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Info

by mountainyahoos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:26 am

Thank you for the feedback. I was starting to wonder. Based on your response, it is now clear to me that the "Build" is not the problem, but some step prior to the "Build". This is helpful information.

I did not get any errors during the process. I have been looking at all the training videos I can find on the subject and found this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_2sTcZ8UE which has a step I did not follow. This YouTube video directs one to add the video frame in addition to the full set of photos. I was using the video frame as a replacement JPG. The other tip is to uncheck the video frame but don't delete it after it is stitched-in. This was not clear in the other videos.

I'll try it again this weekend and respond with my findings.
Thank you for the reply.
Greg

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Info

by mountainyahoos » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am

It is clear to me now that it is not the "Build" that is failing but Livepano as it generates the files 00000_livepano_high.mp4 and 00000_livepano_low.mp4 with no video frames. I have used a ".mov" and a ".mp4" video file, unrotated and followed the process per your tutorial and no error messages are given.

The tutorial followed:
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... t_Livepano

Enclosed are the screen shots.

The files used to try and generate a tour are available here:
http://www.casavtours.com/CA-MB-1131-8t ... eo-mp4.tar

I used an MP4 rather than a MOV formatted video but got the same result.
There seems to be a problem with LivePano.
Greg
Attachments
Screenshot-Livepano-5.png
LivePano Step 5
Screenshot-Livepano-4.png
LivePano Step 4
Screenshot-Livepano-3.png
LivePano Step 3
Screenshot-Livepano-2.png
LivePano Step 2
Screenshot-Livepano-1.png
LivePano Step 1
Screenshot-Filefolder.png
This shows that the files 00000_livepano_high.mp4 and 00000_livepano_low.mp4 are both small files and when played with VLC show no video frames.

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Info

by mountainyahoos » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

In the final LivePano step when "Render" is selected it shows the progress bar for both 00000_livepano_high.mp4 and 00000_livepano_low.mp4 and displays the frames/total frames progress. It appears as though it is working but the final output mp4 files have no displayable video. I even ran Panotour Pro from a bash shell to see what errors might be written out to the console but only output the following line appeared from LivePano:
Code: Select all
qml: ----=== ROTATED true

Something is wrong. I have tried so many variations of the process that my only conclusion is that there is a bug in the Ubuntu version of LivePano.
Greg

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Info

by mountainyahoos » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:05 am

Please don't ignore this plea for help.

Live Pano produces zero length video files. Is this a problem/bug with the Ubuntu version of Live pano?
It pretends to process properly by listing the frame count upon output but the output is invalid.

Please try it out:
http://www.casavtours.com/CA-MB-1131-8t ... eo-mp4.tar

Please respond.
Greg

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

Current version is not able to manage videos correctly on Linux
We are trying to fix this major issue on Linux, and we hope to release a fix asap.

Gérald

mountainyahoos likes this post.

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Topic author
Info

by mountainyahoos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:38 am

I just got an email from Kolor for a refund for the purchase. Does that imply that the "Live Video" product will not be fixed? So sad.