CRITICAL! Livepano Bug  

Have a problem using Livepano? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Livepano ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
osamaaf

Topic author
Liked in: 5 posts
Info

CRITICAL! Livepano Bug

by osamaaf » Sun May 22, 2016 2:34 pm

I have created several livepanos but I now I m experiencing a very strange issue or bug I guess. In the third step when we have to select the "Final Video Hotspot Area" the frame I chose does not blends with my panorama. I takes the whole frame from the video snapshot which renders as a direct spot without blending.

I can pm u the link if u need.

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

Re: CRITICAL! Livepano Bug

by osamaaf » Sun May 22, 2016 9:44 pm

I found that the issue is with the video frame not blending with the panorama. The video masking work ok but the video frame (that is stitched in APG) does not blend and PTP imports the selected box from this video frame alone and not from the panorama.

Please help.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon May 23, 2016 8:22 am

Can you show me some screenshots of what you're seeing?

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 am

Annis wrote:Can you show me some screenshots of what you're seeing?

I just sent u a pm with the link, files and a screenshot. Please help me find the solution.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon May 23, 2016 11:38 am

Okay, thanks for the screenshots.

The difference you see (the borders of the video) are from the way browsers handle video codecs, there can be colour differences in different browsers because they all have their own codecs and decode videos differently, and they also handle HTML5 videos differently too.

When you crop, you define the height and width of the video spot. When you "mask", you define which part of the generated video will contain the original video. Outside of the mask, the video will contain parts of the panorama, because a video always has to be a rectangle, so the mask will always be there.

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 am

Annis wrote:Okay, thanks for the screenshots.

The difference you see (the borders of the video) are from the way browsers handle video codecs, there can be colour differences in different browsers because they all have their own codecs and decode videos differently, and they also handle HTML5 videos differently too.

When you crop, you define the height and width of the video spot. When you "mask", you define which part of the generated video will contain the original video. Outside of the mask, the video will contain parts of the panorama, because a video always has to be a rectangle, so the mask will always be there.

I have other projects where I the borders blended well. I understand the video has to be a rectangular box but the video should blend with the panoarama. It looks its just taking the snapshot image not the panorama. It shows ok in the ptp interface. What shall I tel my client? They want everything perfect that is what we commit.

All our other tours are working fine still on the same browser and system. Then what is the issue with this? Please advice.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon May 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Were your previous tours made with a PTP version les than 2.5?
If so when viewing you'd see the tour with the Flash player which has a more harmonious experience across desktop browsers since it's a much older technology.

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Mon May 23, 2016 2:18 pm

I have all the tours built with older versions but the recent one which is ok was made with PTP 2.5.0 and all of these are rendered without flash fallback in HTML5. Now what would u suspect the issue is as I m not using flash at all?

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Mon May 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Just checked that only Microsoft Edge is showing this fine. Really frustrated as to what is going on! Can u check using the files I sent u in pm?

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Tue May 24, 2016 1:46 am

After wasting 3 days finally and installing/uninstalling different software, checking different ways, I think I have found the problem. I do the color correction in Adobe Premiere CS6 and render the output video which is imported in PTP as a Livepano. In Livepano plugin preview the correct colors are shown but the rendered video has the wrong colors. This is really strange. Further I added sharpness to increase the quality but the PTP rendered video feels quiet soft in terms of sharpness.

In many of my tours I did not notice this but the project I m working on right now has red color in the floor which shows the difference too much. I also found the original video (rendered from Adobe Premiere) being played by Windows Media Player in correct colors but Quick Time was not. I had to disable the DirectX mode to fix it.

@Kolor please advise how to fix this. Please do not ignore this. As you know color is essential in our quality solutions. Waiting for your feedback.

osamaaf

Topic author
Info

by osamaaf » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Finally I saw your response regarding this matter in the documentation:
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... t_browsers

Anyways, this is a waste now as the client does not listen to any thing. They want the best solution in all browsers. Well in chrome, we get better result if we switch of hardware acceleration.