Big problems with mask and quality  

Have a problem using Livepano? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Livepano ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Big problems with mask and quality

by frank007 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Folks,

I bought the LivePano Plugin last weekend and I had my first try with it today. But... Problems. I hope you can help me!

(I did not match the video with colours etc yet. This comes later.)

1.) The Pano is nearly perfectly stitched in Giga 4.2 - but after importing in PTP 2.3 I see stitching mistakes with the videofile. I activated the video caputure to show that it is very good allinged:

giga.jpg

After rendering in PTP 2.3. I see the mask (2) - and I see the rest of the video two (# 1 and 3 on the pic).

panotour.jpg

If I render the video WITH the flash option I just see the part of the video which is marked. If I just want html5 it is shown like you could see on the screenshot. Where is my problem??

And the quality of the video is soooo poor!!! It is just 900kb. The original file (Fuzll HD was 40 MB !!!). I do not want to work with a poor quality like this. What can I do except asking to get my money back ;-)

Thank you for your support!

Best
Frank

no avatar
frank007

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Big problems with mask and quality

by frank007 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 am

Is there no answer from KOLOR?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:19 am

The difference you see between the Flash and HTML5 versions are from the way browsers handle video codecs, there can be colour differences in different browsers because they all have their own codecs and decode videos differently, and they also handly HTML5 and Flash differently too.

When you crop, you define the height and width of the video spot. When you "mask", you define which part of the generated video will contain the original video. Outside of the mask, the video will contain the panorama, because a video always has to be a rectangle.

There is no way to control output quality/size of the Livepano videos at the moment.

no avatar
NachoNick

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by NachoNick » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:10 am

Hi Annis,

Is Kolor working on improving the video quality of LivePano videos? The LivePano plugin really compresses the heck out of the video files and the end result is very soft and blurry video. This has been an issue from day 1 and a lot of people have been asking for a way to allow the user to define the video compression rate.

My clients always comment on the poor video quality output whenever I produce a LivePano. When is is this going to be fixed? I don't feel like its a very big thing to update in the LivePano plug-in but desperately needed!!!!

Can you please provide an update on this for everyone who's been asking.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:30 am

I have no ETA on if or when there will be an update to the Livepano compression.