Livepano with the Fusion  

Have a problem using Livepano? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser Livepano ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
no avatar
3dguy

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Livepano with the Fusion

by 3dguy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 am

When using Livepano, it wants a .pano file. I am working on this using the Fusion and it does not create .pano files.
I used APG to create a pano file but I can not get the sizing to match when I bring the video into Panotour. I would imagine that is because the video is 5.2K and the still is 6k.
Has someone done this and if so can you explain how I can make this work?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Livepano with the Fusion

by Annis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 am

You can't do a Livepano with a fusion or a 360 camera. Why don't you just use the video as a video scene instead instead of bothering trying to create a livepano?

no avatar
3dguy

Topic author
Info

by 3dguy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:42 am

I was trying to create a Virtual tour with 360 video and 360 stills. Can that be done?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

Yes of course you can, Al!

Just have a look at this tour :
https://www.kolor.com/virtual-tours-fil ... alpespace/

The second scene is a 360° video.

Here is the deep link to it : https://www.kolor.com/virtual-tours-fil ... ?s=pano746

Gérald

3dguy likes this post.

no avatar
3dguy

Topic author
Info

by 3dguy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Are you using Livepano? Or just linking in a 360 video?
Could you possibly tell me the steps to achieve this?

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi.. There is confusion here.. LivePano is not a Video Scene but it does have video in it.. LivePano is a seperate video added and blended into a Still Pano Image.. You need to extract a single frame and use that using APG to register its location into the Pano..

Annis was right to say above, suggesting that there is no need.. No extra work.. Just create a 360 Video Scene using the Fusion..

What Gerald is answering to, is a Full Video seperate scene within the Tour.. So you basically just add the video onto the stage just like you would a normal pano image. Then arrange them accordingly... This is NOT LivePano...

Destiny...

3dguy likes this post.

no avatar
3dguy

Topic author
Info

by 3dguy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am

I understand the difference now, thanks. Why not embed a video rather than use Livepano? When and why would you use Livepano?

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 am

LivePano software has been out a few years now.. Its really quite amazing.. But very hard to get right.. Thats the big issue, its very time consuming.. The feature is a great idea but its just not that practical.. You need to capture the video separately, then use a single frame to place it into the Pano. There have been many blending issues. The software just did not allow for enough tinkering. I had a go a few times but it took forever and was never perfect. But it still has its uses. So do not give up on LivePano..

But now we have the GoPro Fusion so why bother with that in the most cases.. No blending issues.. and you can add a 360 Fusion Video into a Panos Tour with normal panos. That is COOL!

The Fusion itself, to me is an ugly looking thing, but it has GoPro optics and Kolor inside so that is what counts.. To me, GoPro needs to sack a few people, not in Kolor, partially their case designer and and employ a new designer that thinks more COOL LOOKING!!.. So when people look at it they say, WOW!!, it looks so cool, I WANT ONE!!... But its not cool looking.. Bit sad really... :rolleyes:

Destiny...

3dguy likes this post.

no avatar
3dguy

Topic author
Info

by 3dguy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 am

Yeah, the Fusion design is Very GoPro Hero-ish. I am writing a story about panotour and Livepano, but I think maybe leave Livepano out. I can't really show how to use it easy. The story is geared towards all those Fusion buyers who have never done Panotour before. Any tips about workflow would be greatly appreciated.

no avatar
ERR

Liked in: 23 posts
Info

by ERR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 am

Gawwwdddd. Don't get me started on Live Pano... The penultimate disaster. If I had 360 video I most certainly use it instead of Live Pano without hesitation.
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:23 am

Yes.. It is a bit iffy but. I would not give up on LivePano.. I am going to try to capture a person taking, and then a still pano or extract a single frame if the quality is OK then add only the cropped part fo the entire 360 video onto the single pano...

Why?.. In a word.. File size.. Since the required video is only a small cropped area. the file size should reduce dramatically. But... how well will it blend. It should blend very well since its all the same gear and same lighting.. If it does not blend, then the software is very iffy.. It should be perfect.. In doing this, in theory, you could create a few LivePanos of only the action you want. Making the rest, inanimate, not moving. ;)

Destiny..

no avatar
ERR

Liked in: 23 posts
Info

by ERR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:42 am

Unfortunately I did give up on Live Pano (until and if they fix it). The output was just too unpredictable depending on the browser. The reduced file size vs full video is the appeal but if it doesn't look good...
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.

3dguy likes this post.