Hi, I do virtual tours for realtors. Today I did a 360 of a smallish apartment. I use a Panosaurus panoramic tripod head. When I "detected" the 13 images for rendering. APP created 2 panos. One was 9 images the 2nd used 4 images?? I then changed setting to tell APP that I used a fisheye lens (which I didn't use) The net result was ok but the merge of the pano wasn't perfect. Any suggestions please? Thanks, I've resized and attached images
1. no fisheye its detected as 16mm (35mm equivalent) (15mm or lower it could be worth a try... so 15mm and higher its detected as normal lens 2. the shooting pattern is not consitent. too many images on one side and one image position missing (around red wall) so I did finally not use 3 images. 3. to further optimize the pano (i didnt do it for this test) you can delete manually all detected CPs between images overlapping more than one image. so finally only CPS exist like in this pattern 1-2,2-3,3-4,4-5,5-6,6-7....,10-1 (and no more 1-2,1-3,2-3,...) one image contains in foreground a white cushion. here I did use the masking tool from autopano 3.0 alpha 1 to erase this ghost in some parts... so here a better source image without the cushion could save postprocessing time... 4. the straighning tool would be needed too (I did not do this in my test)
Liebe Gruesse, Georg
PS: using all images: they got automatically stacked into groups (because overlap is so huge)... so here I had first to unstack them... maybe this is the reasons you got 2 seperate panos...
Wow that is quite an extensive answer, thanks. If I had to repeat what you just did though, unfortunately I could not. I too had problems with a what I thought was a missing image around red wall. I don't know how this happened. Interestingly though I tried to process the image again using full res files and in blended seemlessly. There might not have been enough info in the small file? Any ideas?
do you use the autopano 3.0 alpha1? if yes - I could reproduce the behavior with creatiung 2 panos.
as in above screenshoots I did create the last pano group by unstacking all images - than I saved the autopano project file (.apw) and three pano files (.pano) were created. After closing autopano 3.0 alpha 1 and now reopening the project file the last group was stacked again! but the according detected pano still as in original saved does only show one stackgroup. If I now do a redetect, than autopano recognized two and not one single pano.
I dont knwo if this is the explanaition for you - you could not reproduce my above shown steps.... but its def. a bug in autopano 3.0 alpha 1.
I did not test it with autopano 2.6.3 nore with the yesterday releases 2.6.4...