Thursday 3 October 2013
Kolor is pleased to release the first public beta after a period of six months in private beta development of its virtual tour creation software. You can now download it directly via our downloading center.
What’s new in Panotour Pro 2.0?
- A new interface, a new workflow
- Advanced project description: Using panoramas and groups of panoramas datas – Using project information and descriptions
- Managing groups of panoramas: Many new displaying options – Management in the interface of the tour – Management of big projects
- Choice of graphical themes and presets
- Choice of interactivity and plugins
- Management of contents: photo gallery, web pages, social share, video stream, PDF files
- Coming back of the Google Maps support
- Extended compatibilities: HTML5, Desktop, Mobile devices
Livepano, video sequences inside panoramas.Â Discover example virtual tours featuring Livepano.
What are the differences between version 1.8 and version 2?
The new version of the worldâ€™s reference virtual tour software application for Windows, Mac and Linux come with new features. Have a look on differences between version 1.8 and version 2.0.
Demo mode limitations
Even if we’re in a beta stage, you can already purchase a license ofÂ Panotour 2Â orÂ Panotour Pro 2Â to unlock the demo mode. If you already own a license of version 1.x, discover yourÂ special upgrade options. Without a registration code, you can still work with Panotour / Panotour Pro 2.0 but you’ll get the following limitations:
- XML is crypted, so you cannot edit the tour afterwards.
- A watermark is displayed on the tiles generated by Panotour / Panotour Pro.
- A watermark is displayed in the player when you show the tour through a web-server.
- You can upload the tour on a website and it will work, but with the above limitations.
Notes for the testers of the private alpha
This first public beta contains a known issue on the Gallery plugin. If your Alpha project contains a gallery, you’ll have to remove this plugin and recreate it.
If you do not re-create your gallery plugin, a crash will occur during the build of the tour.
- Tour File system management
During the process of a tour creation you may build your tour many times, with different parameters, different panoramas, etc…
The directory in which you build your tour may contains extra files that are not needed by the last built tour.
A file manager window describing which files are mandatory and which files seem to be useless can be opened using the last icon of the toolbar.
The “red” files are the files that the tour built by Panotour may not need.
You can delete those files by checking them, and click on the “Delete selected files” button.
If you did not copied any file into the tour data directory, all the red files should be deleted.
If you copied some files into this directory, and if those files are needed by the tour, be sure to uncheck them if you click on the “Selection/Not needed files” button.
- Replace panorama file
A new entry is available in the contextual menu of a panorama.
Select a single panorama in the “Tour” area, and right click to see this new entry : “Replace panorama file”.
This entry allows you to replace the image(s) file(s) of the panorama.
The new image should have the same aspect ratio as the original image.
If you set some spots in the original image, the new image should also have the same heading to be sure that the spots fit the new panorama.
But they can have a different size. So you can for example have a low res version of a gigapixel panorama during your tour creation process, and when you are ready, change the panorama file with the gigapixel one.
This feature also allows you to prepare a big tour before the panoramas are even shot.
- Update panorama and groups comobo box when a panorama or a group is renamed
- “Load custom view” is the default target transition
- 0001956: Hotspot arrangement change from rows to columns. …
- 0001990: Resizeable preview in panorama properties
- 0002405: FloorPlan Compass UI : remove the compass arrow to avoid differents visions.
- 0002387: Unable to set negative vertical offset values in panorama projection properties
- 0001860: Panorama Menu : there is a bad tooltip text over thumbnails
- 0001869: Kolor Box : iframe scrolling attribute use bad value
- 0001885: Thumbnails Stack : bad hidden with thumbnails button or controls
- 0001964: Description field : special characters management : [ ] , ” < > etc….
- 0002374: KolorFloorPlan : change the title style for multiple and single floorplan
- 0002378: KolorBox : add scrolling on iPad
- 0002388: Panorama Menu : Thumbs/Titles only for all panoramas display titles+thumbnails
- 0002389: PanoramaMenu : remove undefined groups of the all groups options
- 0002425: Description : show/hide events corrections + apply css for unordered/ordered lists
- 0002440: Change hideable plugins at start gestion to kept them visible if “respond to show/hide controls” isn’t checked
- 0002448: iControl Bar : help screen bugged
- 0002463: Social Share : deep linking values with & not taken in account
- 0002475: PDF Box is not draggable
- 0002484: Double start of the KolorMenu if respond to show/hide controls
- 0002488: PanoramaMenu : add injection verifications
- 0002489: FloorPlan : bad heading + fov values for the first radar displayed
- 0002506: Apply “close on new displayed object”, “close on new pano”, “pause autoration” on kolorBox and kolorArea based components
- 0002511: FloorPlan : test browser IE8 to remove canvas usage
Tags: best virtual tour software, create virtual tours, panotour 2 release date, panotour pro, panotour pro 2 release date, virtual tour software, virtual tour software linux, virtual tour software mac