Thursday 26 September 2013
Watch your 360 degree videos easily and for free thanks to Kolor Eyes Desktop!
Kolor Eyes Desktop is a free 360 degree video player for Windows, Mac and Linux.
It allows you to play and interact with your 360Â° videos on your computer. Turn at 360 degrees, zoom in and out, change the projection and apply visual effets. All for free!
The 4 available projections let you experience new ways to watch your videos. Play the video in Rectilinear mode to get an immersive view, or choose the Little Planet mode to simulate a planet and impress everyone. Kolor Eyes Desktop is just the easiest, most advanced way to display and play with your 360Â° videos on your computer, for free. It’s also the perfect application to showcase your 360Â° videos to your clients or friends, without internet connection.
Discover just below the changelog of this version
This is the final release which means that all major issues have been found.
Fixes and Improvements
Since the first release candidate version, we made some corrections :
- Minimum version for Mac platform is now Mac Lion (10.7) 64bits only.
- Kolor Eyes uses hardware decoding on Mac Mountain Lion (10.8), it allows to read smoothly 4K video.
- Native fullscreen mode is now supported on Mac platform.
- Pinch and zoom is fixed for Windows 32bit version.
There is still much to do, here is a preview of future features :
- Linux version.
- Oculus Rift support.
- Leap Motion support.
- Crash reporter.
- Media manager.
Changelog compared to RC1:
- 0002127: [OS integration] Mac hardware decoding on Mac 10.8.
- 0002517: [OS integration] Allow to switch video plugin on Mac 10.8.
- 0002075: [UI] Fullscreen support on mac.
- 0002515: [UI] Pinch & Zoom broken in Windows 32bits version.