Friday 16 December 2011
Version 2.6 of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga is released! (free update)
Better image stitching, better colors, better exposure fusion and plugins for third-party software… discover the many enhancements of this version:
This is a new stable version with major improvements
Quality and speed improvements
- New generation of Neurone ( optimizer engine ) with a lot of improvement or new features :
- Speed of fisheye stitching : at least 300% speedup, but it can be 10x too on big project
- Improvement in quality by adding support for 2nd and 3rd order distortion, as well as sensor offset
- Better blending engine
- This raise really the results of exposure fusion rendering
- Blue skies are better blended together
- Focal length priority in the rendering engine
- You can now choose between anti-ghost or focal priority
- Improved Gigapan and Papywizard plugins
- In many cases, it gives better results for images without any control points
- Better Move mode that allows you to change global layout of the panoram. Manual adjustement of individual images is also smoother
- Improved Layer Editor with selectable columns to display just what you want
- Reload button in Layer Editor so you can paint transparency in any photo software and have a quick refresh to see the result live in the editor
- APG only : exposure fusion preview with a real rendering done as a preview. This allow super easy color accurate parameters adjustment on exposure fusion. It also give a quick preview of the anti-ghost decision.
Integration into external software
- Google Picassa 3 : Windows and Mac
- Autopano Giga only : Adobe Lightroom 3.X : Windows and Mac
- Autopano Giga only : Adobe Bridge CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5 : Windows and Mac
- Autopano Giga only : Apple Aperture 3.X : Mac only
Fixes ( compared to Release Candidate 2 ) :
- 0001077: [Performance] Latest cameras support – resolved.
- 0001038: [Synapse ( detection )] Stitching issue on circular fisheye – resolved.
- 0001037: [UI behavior] Nothing happens when clicking on buttons (Mac) – resolved.
- 0001065: [Editor] Keys doesn’t work in layer mode – resolved.
- 0001026: [Image I/O] EXIF wrongly decoded – resolved.
- 0001034: [Shell Integration] Bridge export to APG opens multiple instances of APG – resolved.
- 0001035: [Shell Integration] Aperture export to APG opens multiple instance of APG – resolved.
- 0001036: [Shell Integration] Lightroom export to APG doesn’t create group after the first one – resolved.