Friday 25 June 2010
Kolor released a public alpha version of next version 2.5 of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga.
Autopano engine is composed of 3 parts:
- Kolor Autopano Synapse: the detection engine which detects keypoints, matches them, and then regroups everything into logical panoramas
- Kolor Autopano Neurone: the optimization engine for each panorama which takes results of the ‘synapse’ and then calculates cameras and color correction
- Kolor Autopano Cortex: the rendering engine that creates the final panorama (rendering / blending / ghost detection / fusion, etc).
All parts benefit from enhancements. Key new features include:
- Faster image stitching on large panoramas thanks to the fully multi-threaded detection.
- Free Nodal Point: Autopano Giga allows you to stitch images even if their nodal point differed. This is very helpful for aerial photography or if you make virtual tours and want to shoot the nadir freehand.
- New color correction system, simpler to understand.
- A manual editor of control points.
- A completely rewritten rendering engine.
- Many new options in the interface and preferences.
You can test this alpha version if you would like to have a preview of what will be version 2.5. The installation of this alpha version does not remove your previous install of Autopano, so you can still use your current Autopano version if you have trouble using the alpha.
Download Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga 2.5 alpha
Learn more about what’s new
Watch the presentation videos:
* Rendering Engine :Â http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/videos â€¦ engine.mp4
* Free Nodal Point :Â http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/videos â€¦ _point.mp4
* Manual Control Point :Â http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/videos â€¦ _point.mp4
* General Settings :Â http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/videos â€¦ etting.mp4