Autopano Video 2.6 beta releasedWe are happy to announce the first beta release for Autopano Video 2.6, with some nice improvements.
Autopano Video New Features
User Template Stitching
New video pipeline, allowing native spatial metadata injection
The mask timeline is not available any more in smooth blending mode
GoPro Omni Importer New Features
Photo Modes Support
Default options customization
Sharp blending option
Filtering by capture type
GoPro VR NLE Plugins New Features
New slider for transition smoothness
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.6 Beta 1
This is the first beta release of the new Autopano Video engine 2.6. It comes with some nice improvements. The following paragraphs will detail the changes.
Autopano Video new features
We added some very cool new features on Autopano Video. Here's a detailed list of the new features.
- User template stitching Use your templates like presets by saving your favorite or best .pano files in your user directory and access them easily from Autopano Video. Using template stitching will position your cameras in exactly the same position as they are defined in your .pano file, with the same distortions and offsets. So you just need to calibrate your camera once and then re-use the template for any other shots. It can be combined with a geometric analysis in APG to adapt the stitching to your scene.
- New video pipeline, allowing native spatial metadata injection We coded a new video pipeline. With this pipeline, spatial metadata injection and progressive MP4 writing are native and don't need any 3rd parties like python. We will stabilize this new video pipeline during the beta phase : do not hesitate to use it and post your feedback in the beta forum
- The mask timeline is not available any more in smooth blending mode Many users were confused on mask poor efficiency when blending was set to smooth. To prevent this confusion, the mask timeline is now only available in sharp blending mode.
GoPro Omni Importer
In August 2016, we launched an amazing 6 GoPro synchronized rig called Omni, and provided GoPro Omni Importer with Autopano Video Pro in order to solve many pain points you had by using unsynchronized rigs, like syncing, data management, etc.
This release comes with an upgraded Omni Importer, able now to deal with photos. Here are listed the main new features:
- Photo modes support Many customers wanted the support of still images directly in Omni Importer. This is possible with this new release, which also comes with the support of photo timelapse, burst and nightlapse. Users must note that support of photos comes with an update of the Omni firmware. Hence old still images shot with Omni will not appear in Omni Importer.
- Default options customization
We have added a preferences window, allowing you to choose :
- customized video / photo / multi-shots default settings
- customized export default directory
- Sharp blending option availability In the first version, we decided to use by default the smooth blending mode. Many users asked for having the possibility to choose between smooth and sharp blending for their exports.
- Filtering by capture type This new feature allows users to focus quickly on the kind of capture they want to work with. With the filtering bar, the Omni Importer can display only videos, photos or multishots.
- Starred shots We implemented this feature to improve professional workflows. Users can now select the sequences they want to work on by clicking on the little star, and then display only those shots.
- UI improvements We worked a lot on making the Importer as smooth and useful as possible, following some customers feedback. In particular, now the multiselection is fully implemented as expected in a data management tool.
Adobe Premiere Pro Plugins
We continued to work on GoPro VR Horizon and GoPro VR Reframe, to enable an amazing 360 video edition workflow. On both plugins we added a slider to fine tune the transitions smoothness
Fixes since 2.5.3:
- KOI-262 : add a pickup list of .pano feature in the "stitch as template"
- KOI-251 : [NLE Plugins] NLE Plugin refactoring
- KOI-240 : [Omni Importer] Filter favorite items
- KOI-239 : [Omni Importer] Filter items by capture type
- KOI-237 : [Omni Importer] CineForm render produces unpredictably different resolutions with trimmed clips
- KOI-228 : integrate QuickTimeFaststart
- KOI-218 : [Omni Importer] Apply the updated UI for 2.6
- KOI-216 : [Omni Importer] Save user preferred settings and apply them when app is launched
- KOI-214 : [NLE Plugins] new installer for NLE Plugin
- KOI-208 : Masking timeline should not be available in smooth mode
- KOI-194 : [NLE Plugins] use a slider to fine tune the transition smoothness in GoPro VR plugin for premiere
- KOI-172 : Video merger : GPMF to be merged
- KOI-168 : Discussion about the number of stitching positions and quality
- KOI-159 : [Omni Importer] identify my favorite shot/capture
- KOI-155 : [Omni Importer] Add a 3rd party window in Omni Importer
- KOI-151 : retain directories in merger
- KOI-145 : [Omni Importer] Option for audio alert upon completion
- KOI-132 : [Omni Importer] add a Iso / Sharp blending preset for video and video time lapse
- KOI-077 : Update CineForm libraries
- KOI-009 : [Omni Importer] Multiple selection
- KOI-271 : [Omni Importer] Omni Importer / AVP 2.6 finalization before public release
- KOI-269 : [Omni Importer] Omni Importer 2.6 stabilization (crash, performances)
- KOI-264 : [Omni Importer] fully support of photo modes (single, burst, timelapse), with the correct options applied for processing according
- KOI-241 : [Omni Importer] Quitting Omni Importer during processing results in crash
- KOI-197 : finalize MainConcept mov exporter - remove python script for metadata injection
- KOI-148 : [Omni Importer] Omni Importer: App will crash sometimes when quitting while rendering