Autopano Video 2.5 RC 1 is availableWe are happy to announce the first RC (Release Candidate) version of this new engine.
- The global stability is satisfying, we should be close to the final version.
- Only bugfixes for this release, refer to the full changelog to learn about what was fixed.
Autopano Video – BETA – Feedback, bugs and discussion
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 RC 1
This is the first release candidate of Autopano Video 2.5. The global stability is satisfying, we should be close to the final version.
Fixes since beta 3:
KOI-117 : Omni Importer: After rendering is complete, 'Open In Finder' is displayed instead of 'Open In Explorer' for Windows
KOI-115 : Omni Importer: Freezes when adjusting the size of the window
KOI-63 : UI Refresh Issues when Processing Multiple Shots.
KOI-120 : Feature Request: Render Dropdown should show more information
KOI-137 : Render performances between Omni Importer and AVP are different
KOI-83 : Stitched video playback has ghosting
KOI-114 : Omni Importer: Sometimes 2.7K rendered with None Render Quality will render at 1920x1440
KOI-116 : Omni Importer: Need better contrast of drop down menus in Windows version
KOI-121 : Invert Open in Finder and Open in AVP buttons
KOI-131 : Exclusive directory name should be case insensitive
KOI-136 : Progress Disappear while scrolling
KOI-135 : Crash when scrolling while import
KOI-88 : Handle 100FPS videos
KOI-138 : improve timeline precision
KOI-44 : Slow UI when many shots in the importer
KOI-112 : Watermarks in NLE Plugins even when AVP is activated
KOI-125 : Remove automatic load of Premiere Pro plugins in After effect
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Beta 3
This new beta 3 release comes with some bugfixes, based on our valuable customer feedbacks.
What's new ?
- Only bugfixes for this release, refer to the full changelog to learn about what was fixed.
Fixes since 2.5.0 beta 2:- KOI-111 : [NLE Plugins] GPU-Opencl bug in export rendering
- KOI-58 : Frame shift between input video preview and real time preview
- KOI-105 : GPU rendering does not support mixed color format
- KOI-103 : frame offset bewtwen different decoding pipeline (mp4, prores...)
- KOI-102 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Add version number + trial version to app header
- KOI-97 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Importing two shots with the same name, to the same overwrites existing Stitch .mp4 and .Kava Files.
- KOI-96 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Quitting Omni importer kills imports in progress.
- KOI-109 : [GoPro Omni Importer] SHOTX denomination to start at SHOT1 instead of SHOT0
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Beta 2
This new beta 2 release comes with some bugfixes, based on our valuable customer feedbacks.
What's new ?
- We found what's wrong in frame synchronization on some NVIDIA cards since 2.3 release and provided in beta 2 a workaround for this issue.
- We kept on improving ProRes support by fixing some bugs.
Fixes since 2.5.0 beta 1:
- KOI-98 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Importing the same shot twice, makes all the previously imported .mp4's disappear
- KOI-95 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Font Size Problem When using higher DPI display on windows
- KOI-91 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Color issue on Open in Finder / Open in AVP buttons
- KOI-70 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Bug with progress bar when cancelling at restart a task (does not start again from 0)
- KOI-69 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Crash at cancel 2 time a task
- KOI-66 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Exclusive shot naming in the UI
- KOI-62 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Local footage takes a long time to populate importer, sometimes it never populates
- KOI-47 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Test and debug cancel button in OmniImporter
- KOI-13 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Scroll bar in Imports List
- KOI-10 : [GoPro Omni Importer] svg are ugly on some retina screen
- KOI-92 : ProRes export have their soundtrack rounded to the inferior second (no milliseconds)
- KOI-90 : Invert ProRes encoding profiles order to match the CineForm order (higher bitrate first)
- KOI-89 : Fix MainConcept H.264/MP4 rendering when input sources have more than 1 audio track
- KOI-84 : quick edition of aspect ratio is not applied
- KOI-76 : Handle more PCM audio formats for our custom render pipelines
- KOI-52 : frame synchronization when rendering on nvidia
- KOI-28 : Skipping / duplicating frames on output video
- KOI-27 : Qt 5.6 and QuickPaintedItem
- KOI-22 : Problem with buffer size adjustment for switching from retina to non retina screens and vice versa (AVP et APG)
- KOI-100 : CineForm and ProRes pipeline can now encode multiple audio tracks found in input videos as long as they have same configuration
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Beta 1
This new beta 1 release comes with the last features planned for this version, especially for the Omni Importer. A few bugs, mostly related to ProRes, were also fixed.
What's new ?
- GoPro VR Plugins for Premiere Pro : the installer was fixed in order to be compliant with the new version CC 3.2015.
- GoPro Omni Importer : A new homepage has been designed, allowing the user to choose and pick videos either from SD Cards or from hard drives.
- GoPro Omni Importer : The importer is now able to detect SD Cards unplugging, and then prompts the user accordingly.
- We provide improved builds for Linux, you can download packages here. Be aware that we offer very limited support for Linux platforms.
Fixes since 2.5.0 alpha 3:
- KOI-73 : Unlock maximum ProRes and CineForm resolution for stereo rendering
- KOI-71 : Fit render to selection shortcut does not always work
- KOI-74 : Fix VLC preview windows for Linux builds
- KOI-56 : [GoPro VR Plugins] NLE plugins not installed when updating Premiere Pro to version CC 3.2015
- KOI-78 : [GoPro VR Plugins] Fix GPU rendering when multiple output sequence sizes
- KOI-57 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Omni importer videos does not loop
- KOI-53 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Copy: Locate your "footages" - Incorrect grammar
- KOI-17 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Make import stitching faster
- KOI-12 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Create Welcome UI
- KOI-11 : [GoPro Omni Importer] SD card unplugging monitoring
- KOI-55 : [GoPro Omni Importer] Chaptered Source LRV Stitch has cameras out of place
- KOI-65 : [GoPro Omni Importer] After importing/rendering a clip, Omni Importer allows you to manipulate and attempt to re-render/import
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Alpha 3
This new alpha 3 release comes with some cool new features and some bugfixes done after feedbacks from users.
What's new ?
- Alpha channel is now rendered properly for CineForm and ProRes. This allows to export individually each camera with the color correction, enabling more post production possible. See online documentation.
- GoPro Omni Importer : the chaptered videos (many files on SD cards for a single long shot) are merged by the Importer. So the displayed preview corresponds to the single original captured footage.
- GoPro VR Horizon for Adobe Premiere CC : Smooth transition have been added before first and after last keyframes.
Fixes since 2.5.0 alpha 2:
- KOI-75 : ProRes mov files are sometimes corrupted
- KOI-72 : Unlock maximum ProRes render resolution
- KOI-48 : Freezing when changing preview resolution while playing
- KOI-46 : Edit does not open APG if file path contains accents (é,ê....)
- KOI-45 : Rolling shutter correction is always applied on rendering
- KOI-43 : Crash when computing stabilisation when input video sizes are not multiple of 8
- KOI-42 : output as ProRes 4444 renders a proper alpha channel
- KOI-40 : [GoPro VR Horizon] : CPU version of plugins not working when using adjustment layer
- KOI-38 : [GoPro VR Horizon] : Add smooth transition before first and after last keyframe
- KOI-08 : [GoPro Omni importer] : Settings & registration
- KOI-02 : [GoPro Omni importer] : Handle Chaptered Videos
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Alpha 2
We're quickly releasing this alpha to fix one main issue. After computing RMS curves, all others actions would cause crashes. We are already working on other issues but this one was often encountered and wouldn't allow users to test other features.
Fixes since alpha 1:
Crash at computeRMS
Exception error on motion compute
Crash after ComputeRMS
Render in MP4 has a different FPS from source videos
Crash at stabilization computation
Changelog for Autopano Video 2.5 Alpha 1
This release introduces a new cycle in Autopano Video software. This version is the first alpha version for the new 2.5 branch. It comes with some nice improvements. The following paragraphs will detail the changes.
GoPro Omni Importer
At NAB 2016, we announced a new 6 GoPro synchronized rig called Omni. This rig solves many pain points you have by using unsynchronized rigs, like syncing, data management, etc. You can learn more about GoPro Omni by just following this url: GoPro Omni Rig.
Alongside with GoPro Omni, we created a standalone application called Omni Importer, included with Autopano Video Pro, that is here to help you to manage the camera content in a simple and efficient way. This made the rig offloading as well as the stitching of your shots really easy to do.
With the Omni importer, our idea of ideal workflow is the following:
- Plug the SD cards to the usb hub
Launch the Omni importer. It will scan for SD cards and if Omni content is found on them, it will automatically show all content in a nice interface.
- For each content, decide what you want to do with them
Each scene, can be previewed directly from the SD cards through a quick stitch (it isn't a high quality stitch as it is based on video thumbnails and not low quality videos (.THM and .LRV), but it is super fast and reflects well the captured content). When reviewing a video, you can select a range in the content in which you are interested in. Note: you can edit the title of each video in the video's header.
- Import, stitch steps
Once you have reviewed your content (removing those you are not interesting in and adjusting the range for the others), you can import, stitch and compute the selection. This is when the real calculation happens. You will find several options at the bottom of the window, so you can apply stabilization, color correction and choose if you want render or just import files. In any case, even if you don't select any options, the importing and stitching processes will happen. Import means SD card content will be copied locally and reorganized by the title name you have edited in the content title. Stitching is when a stitch is created for this content. That stitch is based on a pre-calibrated stitch so it cannot fail even in case of full black videos. At the end of the stitch, you'll have a .kava project file.
- Compute steps
If you have selected some computation to be done while importing, after the stitch, these computation will be done on the .kava project file. On the selected range, we can compute stabilization track, the color correction tracks or even do a rendering of the quality you have selected. This is really a good workflow to do so, as at the end of the import process, you have a .kava project file that is ready to be fine-tunned in AVP and that already contains all the time consuming computations done.
The idea of Omni importer was really to ease the work at capture time. Just remove the SD cards from omni, put a new set of SD cards in it to continue capturing. While continuing the shot, an other member of the team can review on stage what has been captured. If needed a stitch can be done in a few clicks too. But at any time, as you have access to the project file, you can be also really accurate thanks to Autopano Video features. The Omni importer can be used in a fast workflow or a powerful workflow.
Some technical notes:
- File naming / metadata scheme
One of the complicated tasks when using multiple camera rigs, is to associate SD cards back to cameras. This is a delicate and time consuming task. With Omni, the rig itself solves that problem by having a file naming scheme that allows you to know from which camera the content comes from. We also added dedicated metadata within the mp4 itself to do the same. The Omni importer makes uses of this metadata to associate each camera with their scene.
- GoPro Omni Importer Settings
The Omni Importer shares the same settings as AVP. So if you decide to do CPU rendering in AVP, it will do the same in Omni Importer. We decided for such a design so you don't need to change general settings in two places, only one place which is in AVP settings.
- Smart horizon on static scenes
For static scenes taken from a pole, your horizon is directly straightened in the preview of the Omni Importer
Autopano Video new features
While working on the Omni importer, we also added several cool new features on Autopano Video. Here's a detailed list of the new features.
- Undo / Redo / History framework
Yes, that standard part of a good software wasn't available before. We took it really seriously and now, you can do a CTRL+Z in AVP. You also have access to a history window that allows you to rollback several operations.
- Apple ProRes support
By popular demand, we added official support to Apple ProRes in input and output of AVP. This feature allows some strong workflows if you are going to edit the footage afterward in final cut for example.
- New Stereo Rendering Options (AVP only)
Most of the time, default 3D-stereo settings (known as interoccular and convergence) are the most suitable. But in some very specific setups, you may have to face compromi deviates from standard values. For that purpose, we allow you to alter (when possible) those two key values. See the documentation for more details.
- MP4 file merger
One of the features that AVP 2.3 users really loved, is the fact that gopro importer wizard merges MP4 files together automatically when the content was from the same long duration shot (The GoPro camera divides long shots into several MP4 files). Our customers told us that they were interested in having the merge tool only. It is now available as a single action in the AVP menu.
- Clever interface to retrieve missing videos
Added an interface to relink videos that are missing when opening a kava file.
- Improved batch renderer
Re-organize your batches, drag'n'drop you kava files that are ready to render directly in the batch render of AVP to add batches.
- Small UI updates
Moved some menu, added short cuts, and tool tips with shortcuts in them
- Rolling shutter effect reduction for Omni videos
Autopano Video detects shots captured by GoPro Omni rigs and applies corrections for rolling shutter, allowing to reduce the related artefacts.
Adobe Premiere Pro Plugins
This is also new for this 2.5 series. Customers were really interested in having more tools to improve the 360 workflow after stitching was finished. And this is why we got into NLE plugins development specifically for VR. This version introduces 2 Adobe Premiere Plugins: (Compatible from Premiere Pro CC 2015 onwards, these two plugins are available in the Video Effects menu under GoPro VR folder)
- GoPro VR Horizon
This plugin assumes that the input video is a 360 spherical video and the output after processing is a 360 video as well. It lets you straighten the horizon according to 3 sliders representing the yaw, pitch and roll axes. You may even do this job more easily by using the mouse directly on the composition window. You may also place some keyframes to create transitions between spherical point of views. An optional "Smooth transition" checkbox helps you smooth complex transitions.
- GoPro VR Reframe
This second plugin assumes that the input video is 360 spherical video and the output a standard video. By moving the FOV slider and the 3 axes yaw, pitch and roll (mouse is available as well) you can change the field of view and the point of view of the video and obtain a projection going from little planet to a classical planar projection.
And just like GoPro VR Horizon, you can use keyframes and the "Smooth transition" checkbox to create your storytelling.
Note: A 360 video viewer plugin for Premiere Pro is available when downloading KolorEyes desktop and lets you see direct result of your video editing in Premiere Pro.
This is the first alpha of this new engine. We expect to have a lot of feedback and bug reports. It is important for users to post report in the right forum. This is the direct link for AVP bug report forum:Autopano Video - Preliminary releases feedback, bugs and discussion
Fixes since 2.3.3:
- 0005656: [UI Preview] [Omni Importer] : Preview Player
- 0005773: [UI behavior] [Omni Importer] : Fix point size different between OS
- 0005760: [UI behavior] UI : tooltip and shortcuts
- 0005220: [UI Preview] Double hit on apply in preview has a strange behaviour
- 0005372: [UI behavior] Improve batch render
- 0005625: [Unclassified] Spherical NLE Plugins integration into installer
- 0005650: [Unclassified] [Omni Importer] : Installer
- 0005652: [UI behavior] [Omni Importer] : QmlLib integration
- 0005659: [Algorithms] set rolling shutter value for each Omni mode
- 0005664: [UI behavior] define and create historic UI
- 0005665: [UI behavior] Check project dirty status with undo/redo
- 0004924: [Rendering] separate rolling shutter compensation and stabilization
- 0005242: [Video I/O] input video framerate reading
- 0005337: [Rendering] Cineform on Mac - low and medium presets give the same output size/bitrate.
- 0005491: [Algorithms] template stitching for Omni
- 0005645: [UI behavior] [Omni Importer] : Transfer UI from Widget to QML
- 0005646: [Unclassified] [Omni Importer] Play LRV files
- 0005647: [Rendering] [Omni Importer] : Import Engine
- 0005653: [UI Preview] [Omni Importer] : THM preview
- 0005661: [UI behavior] Create a historic framework
- 0005662: [UI behavior] Create an undo command for all UI actions
- 0001490: [Video I/O] output format, ProRez422HQ
- 0005122: [UI behavior] Retrieve video files when they are missing (move their location on disk)
- 0005603: [Algorithms] Faster visual stabilization