A new beta version for Panotour / Panotour Pro, our virtual tour creation software is now available! This version 2.5 beta 1 includes exciting new features in relation with 360 video, HMD, user interface and social media.
All Panotour/Panotour Pro 2.x users can download and try this new beta version without limitations !
But what's new exactly in this new version? Many things! You'll find below examples of the new capabilities of Panotour Pro 2.5:
HMD support - Panotour Pro only
Tours generated with Panotour Pro are now compatible with virtual reality HMD such as Cardboards, Homido, Zeiss VR One, ColorCrossVR, Oculus DK1 and DK2. This new version of Panotour Pro comes with two new plugins, "WebVR button" and "Prev/Next Keys" enabling this new feature to be implemented in the virtual tour.
How does it work - smartphone based HMD?
Grab your smartphone and your HMD, click on the link below and take a look at the gallery, everything is explained:
You can now get immersed into your virtual tour with your smartphone - this feature is enabled on most Android and iOS devices - and in addition you only need an inexpensive smartphone-based HMD!
Don't have an HMD yet?
Then click on the button below to grab a Homido on the Kolor store! The Homido is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones from 4” to 5,7”.
How does it work - Oculus users?3>
You can also get immersed in your virtual tour through your Oculus. To do so, you need a WebVR enabled browser. To learn more about this technology click here. Then simply click the VR icon to enter the Oculus mode and enjoy:
We would like to thank Nuno A. Madeira for letting us use his virtual tour to showcase the HMD feature of Panotour Pro 2.5.
Take 5 minutes to have a look at his wonderful virtual tour of Bilbao, you won't regret it:
Standard video and 360 video support - Panotour Pro only
Panotour Pro is now able to manage spherical and flat videos as standard scenes. With this new feature come 2 new plugins "Video Control Bar" and a "Video Progress Bar", and a new button combination in standard control bars "Play/Pause" to play/pause the video.
How does it work?
You can simply import a video file as a new scene. You can also import several video files of different quality to make sure the video will be displayed on mobile devices with low bandwidth. A fixed hotspot can be added in the video allowing the users to move to another still or video scene.
You'll find below an example of a virtual tour including a 360 video as a scene. This virtual tour has been created by Xavier Spertini around our office in France.
How to see the video:
- Click on the "star-shaped" hotspot named "Vol au dessus d'Alpespace" which is located on the floor close to the pond
- The video should play automatically on computers and you need to tap on the screen on mobile devices to launch it.
- You can exit the video at any time by clicking/tapping on the hotspot located on the bottom. Remember, you can now add hotspots but their positions are fixed in the sphere (or in the plane for planar video scenes) for the video duration.
User interface enhancements
Several improvements have been brought to the global experience using Panotour/Pro. We added shortcuts to the hotspot editor to enhance productivity on spotting.It is also now much easier to create groups of panoramas. Check this video to learn more:
Several other new features and improvements are offered in Panotour/Pro 2.5 including:
- Web Content spots: With Panotour Pro, you can now add any web page in a distorted spot in your tour, over a wall, a screen, etc... just like you already do with images and videos.
- Social buttons: A new plugin to be able to add the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ share and like/+1 buttons over the tour.
- Plugin enhancements: Several improvements have been brought to existing plugins including but not limited to the control bars, the social share, the video box ones. To learn more please check the change log below.
Need help using the new features?
The button below will lead you directly to the documentation in relation with the new features of Panotour/Pro 2.5:
Important notice: To be displayed correctly on Android phones on WebVR mode, tours should contain only one video scene.
If you want to learn more about these new features, discover other improvements and check what bugs have been fixed since the previous version, please consult the change log below:
Change log for Panotour / Panotour Pro 2.5 beta 1
Video supportPanotour Pro is now able to manage spherical and flat videos as standard scenes.
With this new feature come 2 new plugins "Video Control Bar" and a "Video Progress Bar", and a new button combination in standard control bars "Play/Pause" to play/pause the video.
HMD supportTours generated by Panotour Pro are compatible with HMD (Cardboards, Homido, VR One, ColorCrossVR, Oculus DK1 and DK2, GearVR*), if they contain spherical scenes. * partial support
With this feature come two new plugins, "WebVR button" that allows the user to enter VR mode on mobiles, and a "Prev/Next Keys" plugin to allow the user to change scene with keyboard while the HMD is on.
Web Content spotsWith Panotour Pro, you can now add any web page in a distorted spot in your tour, over a wall, a screen, etc... just like you already do with images and videos.
Social buttonsA new plugin to be able to add the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ share and like/+1 buttons over the tour.
- Search feature in Tour area : Just enter a part of a name to select all the panoramas or groups containing this text into their name
- We have added shortcuts to the hotspot editor to enhance productivity on spotting : Ctrl+F: Fullscreen, M: Move, L: Polygon, P: Picture, S: Spot, V: Video, C: Crop, Left/Right keys: Prev/Next pano
- Group windows are now resizable. They are still created by default with 2 columns of panoramas, but you can now resize them to facilitate tour management.
- Scene order can be changed easier than before, and groups display reflects the order of its scenes.
- Scenes can be duplicated
- Groups can be duplicated
- Plugin instances can be duplicated
- Spot style instances can be duplicated
- Plugins can be re-ordered with drag-n-drop
Control BarsThe home button in control bars is now able to load a specific URL.
Previous/Next buttons can call the new actions "Load previous/next groups" instead of previous/next panorama.
Social ShareSocial share plugin now allows you to share the tour on VK.
Video BoxAdded SoundCloud as a possible provider.
Gallery, Website Box, Video Box, PDF Box, Social Share pluginsThe buttons of the Gallery, Website Box, Video Box, PDF Box, Social Share plugins can be customized
Tooltips can be set over these buttons.
A background overlay image can be set behind these plugins.
Double clickAdded double tap support.
TitleAdded the possibility to use the group color when displaying the current group title.
PanotourMapsAdd 45° imagery support on Google maps layer
Panorama Menu and Panorama ListSupport of the "current group" source.
- Generated tours now use the HTML5 player by default. Flash player is now mainly used as a fallback.
- Tooltips on point spots can be displayed permanently.
PlayerThis version of Panotour/Panotour Pro generates tours using the second pre-release of 1.19 version of krpano
Video scenes and SpotsSpots are static spots. Their positions are fixed in the sphere (or in the plane for planar video scenes) for the video duration.
Video scenes and HMDTo be displayed correctly on Android phones on WebVR mode, tours should contain only one video scene.
To play a video on a mobile, users have to interact with the device, so mixing multiple videos in a single VR tour would require touching the mobile screen while it's on the head.
Windows Phone are not able to display spherical video scenes. They will be displayed as a flat video over the tour. So hotspots on videos are not displayed too.
Web Content spotsThose spots are available only in Panotour Pro.
They are displayed in the HTML5 player only, and they work great with the standard projection. If you change the projection of the viewer (Little Planet, Architectural, etc...) they will not match exactly the wanted area.
Video scenes and Chrome for Android issueChrome for Android (43.0.2357.78 and 43.0.2357.92) has issue with WebGL textures for video.
Download Chrome Beta for Android to solve this issue until the next Stable Chrome for Android update.
Custom HTML templatesCustom HTML templates have to be updated to be able to use the VR mode of tours
Panorama specific pluginsIf your projects use some panorama specific plugins, you downloaded on our documentation dedicated page (Extra plugins), then update those plugins. If you don't your tours may not work due to krpano changes in the management of variables.
For third party plugins developersThe 1.19 version of krpano manages additions/substraction during conditional tests. This new ability induces some errors if your code contains some variables with a minus "-" or "+" sign.
Fixes since 2.3.2
- 0002298: [Feature] Support of the 360 panoramic videos and flat videos scenes with static hotspots
- 0003035: [Feature] VR Headset (Cardboard & Oculus) export with same panorama (2D) linked each other
- 0004278: [Crash] LivePano : does not work on Linux - 0002547: [UI] Map spots style : remove the autoration on hover option which is never applied
- 0002645: [UI] Livepano : add possibility to zoom in crop step
- 0003016: [UI] Main panorama area : after a status icon is clicked, the tooltip displayed is always the one of the clicked icon
- 0003353: [UI] Colorization of 'Aged' spot doesn't work
- 0004014: [UI] Ability to copy/paste/duplicate panoramas or groups
- 0004153: [UI] No history on autorotation, splashscreen and little planet selectors
- 0004386: [UI] Keyboard shortcuts added for productivity
- 0004395: [UI] Description UI : restore the remove format button
- 0004578: [UI] Set 16:9 as default video format for Vimeo videos into the "display a web video" action
- 0004580: [UI] Order panoramas doesn't work on MacOSX
- 0004613: [UI] 3D Preview : black lines are displayed around cube faces
- 0004681: [UI] Display Web Video action : apply provider selector and video ID field to spot action properties and correct autoplay
- 0004797: [UI] Floorplan orientation : bad white background is used
- 0004809: [UI] Picture spot : change the display picture selector for always/on hover/on click/hidden states
- 0004854: [UI] Add Web Content container spot
- 0004856: [UI] Gallery plugins : when adding multiples files the opened windows appear twice
- 0002356: [Tour] Improve autotour on full sphere + partial + planar panos when "after a full rotation" option is checked
- 0002654: [Tour] Apply a scale factor for hotspot and krpano xml plugins for mobile devices
- 0003338: [Tour] Add possibility to display tooltips permanently on point spots
- 0004095: [Tour] Picture spot maximized : apply on auto ratio to fit the screen
- 0004216: [Tour] Set HTML5 viewer as preferred for tours
- 0004349: [Tour] Add focus on player/viewer once loaded
- 0004523: [Tour] Krpano 1.19 pre release 2 integration
- 0004551: [Tour] Sound issue when displayVideo action and background sound and control bar sound selector are used at the same time
- 0004552: [Tour] Autoplay video or livepano only when panorama is fully loaded
- 0004576: [Tour] Change of the control mode is not done prior to loading on low bandwidths
- 0004618: [Tour] Image is displayed before it's resize into the 'displayImage' action with zoom animation
- 0004623: [Tour] Fisheye projection : bad maximal FOV value
- 0004624: [Tour] Autorotation on 360 rotation issue
- 0004643: [Tour] Better video hotspots "autoplay" support for Android devices
- 0004760: [Tour] Tooltip issue when display area is resized
- 0004764: [Tour] Add vertical limits for Pannini projection
- 0004785: [Tour] Ability to use vfov and hfov for flat panoramas
- 0004851: [Tour] Disable display video, display image and play sound actions if the file field is empty
- 0004417: [Actions] Add background overlays on display picture and video actions
- 0004622: [Plugin] New plugin : Video control bar for videos scenes
- 0004529: [Plugin] New plugin : Video progress bar for videos scenes
- 0004555: [Plugin] New plugin : Previous and next scene/group plugin for keyboard
- 0004868: [Plugin] New plugin : Social button
- 0002666: [Plugin] Picture : add a close on click action
- 0004024: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : add title sizes options
- 0004343: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : add padding values options for menu and submenu
- 0004755: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : add current group support
- 0004759: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : submenus are not on the same line
- 0004855: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : issues with color variation option and with the change of the main menu font
- 0004824: [Plugin] Menu plugins : first selected panorama issue if first panorama is not into a group
- 0004802: [Plugin] Projection Menu : apply same params as Panorama Menu and solve selected projection
- 0002188: [Plugin] KolorBox and KolorArea based plugins : possibility to customize the image UI elements (prev/next, close cross, ...)
- 0004242: [Plugin] KolorBox and KolorArea based plugins : add tooltip texts support for buttons
- 0004301: [Plugin] KolorBox and KolorArea based plugins : add image overlay as background
- 0004310: [Plugin] KolorArea based plugins : add border alpha support
- 0004311: [Plugin] KolorBox based plugins : add internal margins support
- 0004853: [Plugin] KolorArea based plugins : better open/close/toggle support
- 0004833: [Plugin] Gallery : ability to change counter color and caption horizontal alignment
- 0004522: [Plugin] Gyroscope : add gyro2 (based on devicemotion) krpano plugin support
- 0004686: [Plugin] Gyroscope : remove camroll option on partial panoramas for 'deviceorientation' mode
- 0004525: [Plugin] Social Share : add VK (VKontakte) support
- 0004213: [Plugin] WebVideo Box : apply new Kolor Eyes Hosting urls
- 0004531: [Plugin] WebVideo Box : add SoundCloud provider
- 0004571: [Plugin] Thumbnails bar plugins : bad display of the previous and next arrow on resize
- 0004574: [Plugin] Progress Bar and Loopings : add HTML5 support for progress bar part
- 0004605: [Plugin] Logo : set enabled false for click through when no action on logo
- 0004615: [Plugin] Doubleclick : add double-tap support
- 0004717: [Plugin] Title : add group color management
- 0004852: [Plugin] Description : add open/close/toggle actions
- 0003618: [Plugin] Floorplan : the floorplan moves when clicking on a spot
- 0004585: [Plugin] Floorplan : select list is displayed under the floorplan when using animated spots with MacOS Safari
- 0004647: [Plugin] Floorplan : tooltips are broken
- 0004652: [Plugin] Floorplan : tooltip onhover and label issues on spot click
- 0004698: [Plugin] Floorplan : add "selected" class name for the selected active spot
- 0004814: [Plugin] Floorplan : resolve some issues with positions
- 0004842: [Plugin] Floorplan : close on click can invalidate the open/close/toggle methods
- 0004115: [Plugin] Control bars : add possibility to open a specific URL on Home button in control bars
- 0004582: [Plugin] Control bars : add Play/Pause video buttons to play/pause 360° videos scene
- 0004607: [Plugin] Control bars : showTourControls and hideTourControls actions must be added when plugin is linked to tour controls events
- 0004661: [Plugin] Classic Control Bar : bad display on mobile devices when all buttons are desktop only buttons
- 0004724: [Plugin] Control bars : add previous and next group action support
- 0004763: [Plugin] Control bars : ability to hide them on video scenes
- 0004586: [Plugin] PanotourMaps : bad preset with panotourMaps bing and openlayers due to name changes
- 0004786: [Plugin] PanotourMaps : add 45° imagery support for Google maps
- 0004815: [Plugin] PanotourMaps : add z-index support for resizable zone
- 0004842: [Plugin] PanotourMaps : close on click can invalidate the open/close/toggle methods
- 0004756: [Plugin] Panorama List : add current group support
- 0004826: [Plugin] Panorama List : better selected panorama and/or group support
- 0004651: [Plugin] Bootstrap External Commands Full Page with Colors template correction (download link)
- 0004869: [Plugin] Change all plugins name to use the p.id parameter
- 0004788: [Plugin] HTML5 plugins : add a delete method to be able to unload plugins on entering WebVR mode
- 0004818: [Algorithm] FTP issue : unable to connect to ftp server