3 main improvements are offered:
- A new user interface to easily browse the different videos of a playlist while using the Oculus Rift
- The ability to play 3D 360° videos on 3D TVs
- The display of the source view that let you see the whole scene as a flat video and quickly move to the desired point
The changelog Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.5 beta 1
"Gaze" user interface designed for Oculus Rift
This new interface will allow you to navigate in a playlist and laucnh a video without removing the Oculus from your head.
To try it, just use a playlist in Kolor Eyes ( http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Kolor_Eyes_Desktop_-_Playlist ) and simple tap the Oculus device to hide or show the user interface.
Play 360 3D content on 3D TV
Now you can play 360 3D content directly on 3D TV with Kolor Eyes Desktop.
To use this, select the right 3D setting (over/under, side-by-side, inverted) in Menu > Stereo Configuration.
Add Source View to navigate in 360 content.
To display or hide it, use keyboard shortcut "0" or select it in Menu > Projection > "Show Source".
Screenshot in Kolor Eyes with keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + P" (screenshot is saved in the Desktop location).
Allow to zoom and pan in projection source
UDP slave can use orientation from UDP message as an offset.
Director's cut mode from json file (same path and name as mp4 file).
Compute optimal size for texture in Oculus in order to enhance quality result and so VR experience.
Display timeline position when hovering bar.
Compilation with Intel compiler 2015 on Windows and Mac.
Fix link to Intel Real Sense drivers.
Fix for Windows transparency issue in the Oculus.
Update Oculus SDK to 0.5.0.1.
Change Mac build to Mavericks 10.9. No more support for Mac 10.7 and 10.8.
Update VLC to 2.2.1.
Fixes since 1.4.1 :
- 0004494: [UI] Simple VR navigation
- 0004781: [API] Compute optimal size for texture in Oculus
- 0004250: [API] Use mipmap for images
- 0004703: [UI] Link to Intel Real Sense drivers is broken
- 0004702: [OS integration] Compilation with Intel compiler 2015 on Windows
- 0003940: [API] Feature snapshot screen
- 0004341: [UI] Allow to zoom and pan in view source
- 0004495: [API] Director's cut integration POC mode
- 0004587: [UI] Display timeline position value when hovering timeline
- 0004530: [API] Display 3D content on 3D screen