Kolor just released a new version for the virtual tour creation software Panotour and Panotour Pro. This final version 2.2 brings exciting new improvements and is free for all Panotour 2.x users. If you are using an older version of Panotour check this page to learn more about our upgrade policy.
As a reminder, here are some of the new features of Panotour Pro 2.2:
Panotour Pro parallax effect
A new feature has been added to Panotour Pro, you can now create parallax effect on images. The parallax is “the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different position”1. It seems complex but basically this new feature allows you to give an effect of depth to your image. It feels like an element that you choose on the image is closer to your eyes than the background, the other elements on the picture. It gives a stunning 3D effect to your virtual tour and brings the experience to a whole new level of immersion.
Here is an example shot close to the Kolor headquarters in Savoie, France. You can see that a parallax effect has been added to the clouds which gives a more realistic and animated feeling to the tour.
In this other example shot by Dominik Baumann in a Swiss Air Force plane of the PC-7 TEAM a parallax effect has been added to the other aircrafts.
Panotour Viewer: display your tours offline
Along with the release of Panotour / Panotour Pro 2.2, Kolor released a new, free viewer that allows you to display your tours offline: Panotour Viewer. You don’t need to host your tours anymore to show them to your customers or friends, you can simply export the tour in a new format called PTV and then display it on any computer with Panotour Viewer installed.
Panotour Viewer RC1 is available for free on Windows and MacOS. The Android and IOS version for mobiles and tablets will be released soon, stay tuned!
The final release for Panotour and Panotour Pro 2.2 fixes several bugs, read the change low below for more information.
1: Oxford dictionaries
The change log: Panotour / Panotour Pro 2.2 FINAL
Panotour / Panotour Pro 2.2 FINAL
Export the tour as a single file
Kolor releases a new, free viewer that allows you to display virtual tours offline: Panotour Viewer.
Panotour now allows you to export your tours in a single file with PTV format.
This file can be opened by Panotour Viewer on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
You can share your tours more easily than before or show your tours on your tablets with no need of internet connection.
Picture and video spots can be created with a parallax effect that will give depth to your tours.
Galleries: add multiple files at once
Galleries plugin can now be filled easily by selecting multiple files at once.
Sounds: better sound management
Sound management has been enhanced to be able to have different sound sources in a tour : videos, sound spots, background sounds, etc….
A new action is added, to be able to play a standard sound on a spot, and not a 3D sound like in the already existing action.
Plugins and HTML template development
Plugins developers can now use libraries shared between all their plugins.
HTML template developpers can include some ressources in their templates. They will be automatically copied in the generated tour.
Fixes since 2.0.1
- 0003619: [Crash Dump] Crash : while deleting a group
- 0003442: [Crash dump] Crash when the file manager is opened during the build
- 0003675: [Crash Dump] Panotour Standard : Crash : while building a tour containing a colorized spot
- 0003467: [Feature] Add possibility to bypass introduction when using deep linking
- 0003011: [Feature] Add option to stop sounds when clicking on a rect video spot to start the video
- 0003602: [Algorithm] Automatic spot on maps : do not keep their style when saved
- 0003610: [Algorithm] Unable to create a HTML template with resources
- 0003583: [Algorithm] Changing file name doesn’t generate tiles for each sphere
- 0003577: [Algorithm] Third-party users plugins are unable to use third party libraries
- 0003621: [UI] Unable to reset GPS coordinates
- 0003593: [UI] 3D Preview : when changing yaw pitch or roll on a panorama, the value are not resetted when selectiong another panorama
- 0003517: [UI] Add playsound standard action to play non directionnal sounds
- 0002938: [Plugin] FloorPlan : bad display of the first radar fov
- 0003469: [Plugin] Panorama Menu : seems to open after some delay
- 0003440: [Plugin] Thumbnails bar displaying current group thumbnails : thumbnails bar increase its size when changing group
- 0003582: [Plugin] Panorama Combobox (Flash) empty drop down list
- 0003609: [Plugin] Description plugin : scrolls are not resetted to top when the content changes
- 0003608: [Plugin] Panorama Stack : Does not close when a new panorama is loaded
- 0003514: [Plugin] Gallery : add an option to remove the Previous/Next buttons over the picture
- 0003578: [Plugin] Correct bad view.fov into view.hfov for radars on PanotourMaps and FloorPlan plugins
- 0002687: [Tour] Add options to pause background sound when video is playing
- 0002785: [Tour] Enhancement on background and others sounds when video or sound is playing
- 0003006: [Tour] Projections selector check : need to know if partial, cropped or no 2:1 ratio
- 0003173: [Tour] Sound enhancements : play/stop => resume/pause ; stop sound when leaving pano ; allow non directionnal sound ; better management
- 0003212: [Tour] Add a tip for sound spots into HTML5 player : can be played if range is set to 360°
- 0003330: [Tour] Minus key (zoom -) doesn’t work on Firefox (27+)
- 0003331: [Tour] Change HTML template to use
- 0003369: [Tour] Little planet intro : normal view is displayed before a refresh to little planet
- 0003518: [Tour] Tip : Ability to set a directionnal sound spot to 360° to be played into the HTML5 player
- 0003573: [Tour] Groups thumbnails disappear after a build
- 0003579: [Tour] Add parallax effect on picture spots and video spots
- 0003615: [Tour] Add Maximize effect on pictures when displayed with “Display an image” action
Fixes since 2.2.0 Beta1
- 0003635: [Crash Dump] Crash when setting a custom thumbnail on a group
- 0003665: [Crash Dump] Crash when opening a project in which a spot style calls “display an image” or “display a video” action
- 0003639: [Crash Dump] Crash when updating the recent files
- 0003661: [Crash Dump] LivePano : crash when importing a Livepano on a panorama that is not fully loaded
- 0003638: [Algorithm] Unable to register Branding Free license
- 0003674: [Algorithm] LivePano : bit-rate of encoded video is too low
- 0003627: [Algorithm] Unable to set an action on spot styles stored in Spot Library
- 0003644: [Algorithm] Crash when building a project containing an action that has new parameters in 2.2
- 0003616: [UI] Panorama endless sound bug on UI refresh
- 0003667: [UI] Desktop and mobile options can be unchecked at same time
- 0002125: [UI] Cannot open kpt with right click on MAC
- 0003633: [Tour] Custom tooltips are not placed at the same position as standard tooltips
- 0003629: [Tour] HTML5 tooltips do not adapt their width
- 0003670: [Tour] Enable/disable gyroscope actions can do the opposite of their definition
- 0002973: [Tour] FLV videos : apply a patch to remove call to FLV video and videoplayer.swf if HTML5 player is activated
- 0003648: [Tour] Tooltips : alpha value is not taken into account for background and border colors
- 0003671: [Plugin] Floorplan : radar does not disappear when a panorama which is not on the floorplan is loaded
- 0003673: [Plugin] StackThumbs : correct unstack at startup option under flash player
- 0003634: [Plugin] Thumbnails Bar does not work when displaying the current group thumbnails
Fixes since 2.2.0 RC1
- 0003678: [Algorithm] When a plugin calls his own action, the action is lost when reopeing the project
- 0003682: [Algorithm] Huge CPU usage when the project or the spot library contains a colored spot
- 0003691: [Algorithm] Crash when saving for the first time the project while the tour is being built
- 0003690: [Algorithm] Panotour internal server unable to display tours under a non-ascii path
- 0003688: [Algorithm] When opening a project PTP asks for internet ressources, as if they were local resources
- 0003684: [Tour] Add default security tags (cors/crossdomain) into main XML file
- 0002460: [Plugin] Add animation for selected/active map spot (Floorplan : bounce/pulse + Map bounce)
- 0003677: [Plugin] Floorplan : double radar displayed
- 0003681: [Plugin] Gyroscope cannot be disabled using control bar buttons
- 0003680: [Plugin] KolorBox : add decode of & shortcut to & for iframe urls